“A Unique Family Outing!” 4 of 5 stars

Eagle Ranch Resort
Batu 14, Jalan Pantai, Port Dickson 71250, Malaysia   |
Ranked #4 of 33 hotels in Port Dickson
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“A Unique Family Outing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

It was a whole new experience for me as I have never stayed in a resort which has log cabins, kampong houses, red Indian-like hut rooms, to name a few. It caught my attention the very minute I entered the main lobby – it made me feel like I was in the woods! This wonderful resort is none other than Eagle Ranch Resort in Port Dickson, just an hour and a half’s drive from Kuala Lumpur.
This resort has a few Seminar Rooms or halls which are provided to host seminars, talks, social gatherings, meetings and the like. During my three-day two-night stay, I attended the team building course with my family and a number of my parents’ colleagues. It was a quite a challenge for me as I barely participated in these kinds of activities before. I reminisce takng paer in the boat rowing competition where we had to piece the bamboo shoots together to make a boat in half an hour, about sixteen people in a group. It was a little difficult at the beginning but soon we were enjoying ourselves and were having great fun. I also tried go-karting for the first time! It was a thrilling experience!
Each log cabin is well-equipped with twin beds, a television and open-air bathroom. There is a also a restaurant, called The Watering Hole, which serves a large array of food from light snacks to buffet.
I think the price is reasonable and I would certainly recommend this place if you are looking for a serene quick getaway from the hustle and the bustle of the city.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I arrived in the late afternoon, checked-in was fast and was given tepee1. The room was suprisingly big and confortable. Simple but a unique red indian tent. Staff at the reception were friendly but the rest just see you past through...This eagle ranch has nice and interesting land scape and facilities but poor promotion and info to guest. Breakfas was not even average... service was good at the coffee-house but food doesn't taste very good, blend and just for the sake of giving breakfast. The swimming pool look inviting, but the staff incharged were not friendly or encouraging! As though we are giving them work to do...This place need some kind of refresher course for the staff!

Room Tip: Go outside and eat!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kajang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

If you like cowboy's lifestyle, this is definitely the place to go. Love the shapes of accomodations offered that really reflect the lifestyle. I stayed in the bandwagon-shaped room. They offered a lot of activities like go-kart, archery, paintball as the list goes on and on. They have good outdoor facilities especially for team building. If you really love outdoor activities, this is the place to go. However, since I went there for a workshop, I felt that this place was not really suitable especially if all the work need to be done indoor because the meeting room is not condusive enough and the rest room is so far away. I came during rainy season, so it was difficult for me to move around. But if you want to do outdoor activities and just taking a break, this is the place to go. The food was good and quite tasty. Definitely for holidaying and team building activities.

Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Hi my name is Loh from KL Im a paintball player im going to Eagle Ranch for the the last 2 years to play paintball.Just would like to comment on the earlier writer "iogothis" just for your info paiintball game is not just take the marker and shoot as u like.Painball marker comes under firearms law in Malaysia and Eagle Ranch is operating the paintball with a valid license from PDRM.It doesnt make sence to me u take the marker they show u the field and u shoot.My question to u will be who teach u to shoot and where to shoot.
Im a professional paintball player the vouchers which u are refereeing will be the groupons vouchers.I had purchased 50 vouchers under this and the first time i took the vouchers and went to the resort the staff at the paintball itself doesnt know about the voucher.Later the staff a chiness lady call Mr.Guna and he made all the calls and informed me that there is such a promotion and he himself not aware of this.But later after some cross checking he did the briefing and let us play.All of us enjoyed.

Last Week Sunday i went there with another batch of friends and he did a good briefing and later he took us to the jungle senario challenge eventhough it was raining heavily.We had a good fun.

I agree with the earlier writter NashBhullar that briefing for paintball done in a proper manner but the biggest problem at eagle ranch is this:

We purchase the vouchers from Groupon and its stated call and make the reservation 3 days prior to the arrival.I called Mr.Guna almost 10 times to make the reservation for last weekend as the day i requested ie Saturday is not available.I got shock to find out that all the Saturdays in Oct,Nov and Dec is already fuly bookedl.But later i get to know that Saturday they are busy with their resort activities and they dont have the time to handle over groups.As for me i have to follow the date given buy him as i already bought the vouchers.Here its clearly shows the misunderstanding of the management and Groupon,We became the victims as most of the buyers are from kl and they prefer saturday.

Secondly check back the voucher it has given a reservation tel no and its a kl tel no.When we call the no they say its Eagle Ranch KL sales office no and to make reservation they said need to call PD office number dont u think that this people is fooling us around.How can this people sell a promotion without the staff knowing the promotion and gave asking us to call around to make the booking.

As for me briefing and the game and Mr Guna's job was excellent but again i agree that the management made the blunt.There is not much we can complain about them as they are doing their best to make us happy.WE HAD A GOOD TIME IN EAGLE RANCH PAINTBALL
TO GUNA AND HIS TEAM CONTINUE YOUR GOOD JOB.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We spent two days (October 20th & 21th 2011) at the Eagle Ranch as part of a team building session, involving both Malaysians and Norwegian team members.
The Eagle Ranch had been recommended by others, however reading some of the previous reviews made me not sure what to expect....
I am happy to say that we had a great stay, and the Eagle Ranch was a fascinating place - with a great Western ambience in Eastern (tropical) surroundings.
The team building activities were fun, the evening barbecue plentyful & delicious, and everything was well organized.
We stayed in the Band Wagon rooms, which in a way were modest - but what do you expect coming to a ranch.... :-)

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I had purchased discount vouchers online for my friends and I to play paintball at Eagle Ranch. All went well at first - we made our reservation well in advance so that there would be no issues later.

About 2 weeks before our date, we were informed that there was a "change in management" and to contact someone else for our reservations. I called the number for a Mr Guna, and was shocked by his rudeness. I tried to explain our reservation and that I was checking if it was still confirmed, and all I got was a rude, "Actually, I'm not working today. Call back tomorrow." and before I could say anything else, he had hung up.

Next day, I called and told him he had been very rude to me, to no avail. No apology, no nothing, just, "Well, I wasn't working that day". Turns out our reservation had never been made or whatever and we had to reschedule.

We got there, hoping to have a good time, and all we got was basically people telling us, "this is your gun, this is your goggles, don't take off the goggles, point the gun and shoot". Questions about the best way to hold the gun, etc were not entertained. They basically just pointed us to the field and said there it is.

We won't be going back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We checked in at the Eagle Ranch at 3pm on the 14th of October, and checked out on Sunday, the 16. It was a team building for our team, and together, we were 14 pax.

The first impression was that this was a unique resort, with a rodeo feeling about it. Some of the staff were wearing 16 gallon hats as well, creating a Cowboy atmosphere.

We stayed in the Kampong Houses, and our team building started the same day at 430pm, with Paintball. The event coordinator Mr. Guna did a good job in his simple yet detailed explanation for how to play, and the do's and don'ts. We were novices, and we picked the Jungle Experience, which was challenging. We enjoyed the paintball session very much, as it demonstrated that teamwork pays off, to win.

The next day was more hectic with the Flying Fox, and rope course. I could see our team having fun, and bonding as well.

There was enough free time in the program, to take a dip in the pool, and we enjoyed the additional facilities as well. Some played football, and almost all participated in the impromptu volley ball session as well. As the organizer, I am more than satisfied with the results obtained.

Besides the events, the food was ample and delicious, and the buffet spread exceeded our expectations. For our second night, they organised a BBQ dinner with a Karaoke session, that everyone thoroughly enjoyed. There was participation from almost all team members, and the good food lent to the happy atmosphere. They even replenished the BBQ lamb that ran out, as it was delicious.

The rooms can do with more maintenance, as some cupboard doors were coming off the hinges, the T.V. reception was poor, and they should upgrade to Astro Cable. The Air Conditioning in some Kampung houses could have been cooler. All in all, it was a fun filled experience, with great learning, bonding, and happy memories to take home. We will be back. Kudos to your team for a job well done.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Eagle Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!