“Average, not 5 star” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Lexis Port Dickson

Save Saved
You added Grand Lexis Port Dickson to your Saves list
Grand Lexis Port Dickson
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2nd Mile, Jalan Seremban, Port Dickson 71000 , Malaysia (Formerly Legend International Water Homes)   |
Special Rate
Best Rates
Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Port Dickson
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Average, not 5 star”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I like the design of the water villas and the ocean, but as commonly found in many hotels in Malaysia, the housekeeping and facility maintenance are poor to very bad.

The first impression was "This is not a 5 Star Hotel!!" DO NOT believe the images portrait in the WEBSITE! Our excitement worn out 15 minutes after seeing hairs, blood stains (hotel said red paint), sticky floor, smelly towels, irregular supply of hot water. My 14 years old niece asked me if we can change hotel ?

To be fair, this is a 4 star standard in hardware, 3 star in service. The only 5 star is the price ! In conclusion, this hotel does not deserve the rating and price. Will not come back.

Room Tip: Still go for brands, such as Marriot Hilton etc. Not Grand Lexis....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

463 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is good for those who love indoor and more privacy time especially in swimming.

for cleanliness, they would only do average as I found earring leftover when we first check in the resort

Breakfast serve is good. but too bad i only stay for 3 days 2 nights if i have the opportunity to stay there i wish i could

• Stayed February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Lexis during the peak season. There were alot of guests around, using the resort facilities. Upon arrival, check-in was easy and quick. However, our room was not ready. Due to the busy period, people were still checking-out and rooms were being cleaned and sorted. We went to a nearby town for lunch. They promised to give us a call once our room was ready, which they did. We got the garden villa room with 2 king-size beds and our own outdoor private pool. Even though it was outdoors, it was clear that they strategically placed the pool to be surrounded by high trees as it provided enough privacy for the both of us. The pool is only 4m deep. It was still fun and relaxing for the both of us.

The room also comes with a dry kitchen, which means a microwave and 2 sets of utensils and cutleries. The fridge is quite small but it was enough to keep our drinks cold. I suggest to bring your own can drinks in order to cut costs. During our stay, we ordered room service from the in-house restaurant. The food was delicious. It is quite expensive as compared to local prices but after the exchange rate, it's about the same price as a meal in Australia, so it was alright for us. I would also suggest to bring it your own food (if you can) that will allow you to heat it up in the microwave. We did that too, but we had to ration it as we stayed for 3 nights. Keep in mind the size of the fridge too.

The buffet breakfast was good. They had a wide variety of local food and a few western delights. I suggest to go for the local food as they seem to be much more delicious than the western dishes provided. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful when you ask them questions. Some might not speak English therefore, you might want to ask them first if they can communicate in English. As I speak Malay, it was easy for us to get around. Check-out was easy too as we called the Bell boys to assist us with our luggage while we went to check out.

Overall, I would suggest to stay here if you would like time away from the busy city, like Singapore or KL. The price might be costly, depending on exchange rates. However, our experience was unforgettable and enjoyable. We will definitely return in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for an indoor pool if you would like one or an outdoor pool if you like that.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Selangor Darul Ehsan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Decided to try something totally different - to spend Chinese New Year (eve, D-Day) at a resort with family. In the past, the CNY has been spent at home.

For something new, of course there would be risks, or things out of expectation, to be precise, disappointment.

Before I proceed to share what I am disappointed with Grand Lexis Port Dickson, let's begin with the good part. Just bare with me, actually nothing much to elaborate.

1. It is not located on the busy Port Dickson road stretch, where famous Avillion Port Dickson is. BTW, I have reviewed Avillion PD before [http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/Hotel_Review-g303991-d505424-Reviews-Avillion_Port_Dickson-Port_Dickson_Negeri_Sembilan.html].

So this is good. As the road leading here is less busy.

2. Fast service. Requested for more towels, water etc, they delivered them fast.

3. In-room pool. The kids love it. Probably the highlight of the trip.

Let's talk about the down sides.

a. 5-Star. Not sure rating done by who.

b. The towel is seriously not the 5-star category. It is even worse than the towel in the no-frill budget hotel.

c. Room layout. Again it is not 5-star. Badly design. It took me some time to locate a kettle. It is hidden in a closet. To get the water, you have to head to the other end of the room.

d. Small dining hall. I wonder how is the hotel going to host everyone when everyone is there for breakfast.

e. Cleanliness. Again, not the 5-star standard. Cigarette butts, everywhere next to the poor. I supposed the housekeeping missed all these, so obvious.

f. There is actually no beach attached to this hotel. Major down side.

g. Hospitality, lacking to the max.

h. There is fast service and then there is service without passion. Yep, Grand Lexis PD has no passion.

i. Everyone is paying customer, me included, should be treated equally. I do not feel any passion nor love for anyone to block off any car park for me. Unlike the others.

You would probably know if I would be back again.

No ang pow for the correct guess :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was our first stay here. We checked into the Grand Pool Villa and we got the room facing the sea! And thoroughly enjoyed the sun set!!! And the room looks exactly like the photo on their website. Enough for a family of 4-5 it came with two King sized beds and an in-room pool to the wonderment of the kids. It had the most comfortable beds and pillows. Oh and just to so that you know, premier guests are actually entitled to a 'Pillow Menu' where you can choose the pillows you like. First time for me! Check-in was hassle free and buggies to and fro rooms were also always available on call. The best part is that there was Wifi in the room. Lots of things for kids to do here -- archery, kmx biking, segway, games arcade -- to name a few. Their buffet Breakfast was the best, i must say in PD so far. Their Japanese restaurant served some awesome Californian Rolls and Rolled Makis. PD standard, thumbs up! Staff were friendly and mostly locals which is so welcoming to see. I personally loved the walk-in closet/bathroom -- so spacious -- all our luggage can be placed there instead of in the lounge area, no clutter. Hot water, wifi, in-room pool, spacious, great food and service! Thumbs up, Grand Lexis PD! Will surely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Friendly staff felt like home even miles away from penang . This hotel truly reflect the people her. Love you port dickson for amazing Grand Lexis. Even the prices high but i did came under govt package where having much discounts. Tips that I wanted to share so you could afford to stay here do find any packages that offer whther private or etc . By then you wont felt to costly and of course enjoyable as you knew its worth for money !

Room Tip: Highly recommended Sky pool villa.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the grand pool villa for 2 nights from 16th January 2013, and paid almost 2000RM for it. It was definitely not worth the money for the very bad service they rendered.

During check-in, we were greeted politely by Edmond. We were asked if we wanted the lower or upper level as we did not state our preference in our reservation. As we could not decide, and the upper level was not ready, Edmond recommended us to check into the lower level first. We could however change to the upper level if we did not prefer the lower one. At the same time, I also requested for Edmond to enquire the price for transfer back to LCCT Airport.

As we both did not like the lower level, we called the reception at around 2pm to request for the upper level. A lady picked up our call, we stated our request and she replied that the room was not ready and hanged up the phone (without any ‘goodbye’ or ‘thank you’ or ‘you are welcome’). We waited and called again for 2 times and were told the same thing. At 5pm after waiting for 3 hours (no one called us back during this period), the upper level was still not ready. I was also waiting for Edmond to call back about the transfer to LCCT Airport I enquired earlier. As we were unsure of the status of our room, we decided to walk all the way back to the reception.

Upon reaching the reception, Edmond explained there was a defect in the room, thus the delay. But 5 minutes later, the room was ready!! Edmond also said he totally forgot to check about the transfer. As such, he immediately checked with the concierge and said he would settle the transfer for us.

Upon entering our new room 3143, we really loved the room. I have actually paid 300RM extra for a total sea view. The swimming pool was awesome! The view was worth the additional cost indeed. However, we discovered that the WIFI was not working. Thus, we called the reception and were told to wait for 30mins as the signal was low. After a few hours, the WIFI was still not working. Thus, I decided to settle the matter myself as we required the internet. We finally managed to find the router and discovered that the splitter was faulty, and it was not low signal the hotel was experiencing as claimed by the receptionist we called earlier.

The next morning, we had our breakfast. The food spread was great. After having our breakfast, we approached the receptionist to check if the transfer to LCCT airport was has been settled. To my dismay, the request was not followed up – again. Thankfully, Brandon (if I recall his name correctly) attended to our request for the enquiry on the transfer back to LCCT airport. We settled the payment with the concierge thereafter.

At around 1pm, my wife decided to explore the resort on her own. Upon returning back to the room, she tapped using the biometric card and discovered it was not activated and I had to open the door for her. We subsequently discovered that both the cards could not be used to access the room too. As such, we called the reception, explained our situation, mentioned our room number and were told that someone would be sending us our new card. No one came…

The next day before breakfast, we approached the reception and a pregnant lady (an executive of the hotel) greeted us. She was nice enough to hear to our problem and rectify it immediately. She also apologized to us on behalf of her staffs twice and offered us for a late check-in (we didn't take her offer). No one apologized to us after all the horrible experience we had to go through! The lady executive was the only person who had actually apologized to us (not that we were hard up for an apology). During check-out, one of her staff handed us a paper bag containing two caps as a token of apology for the troubles we had to go through. Compliments to her for that nice gesture!!

The view was fantastic, the room was spacious, the concierge was courteous and the spread of food was good. However, it is a misfortune that the service we experienced made our stay at the resort rather unpleasant.

Room Tip: for grand pool villa, choose the upper level.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Lexis Port Dickson? Share your experiences!