“If it wasnt for the pool...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Lexis Port Dickson

You added Grand Lexis Port Dickson to your Saves list
Grand Lexis Port Dickson
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2nd Mile, Jalan Seremban, Port Dickson 71000 , Malaysia (Formerly Legend International Water Homes)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Port Dickson
Singapore
“If it wasnt for the pool...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I stayed at their Grand Pool Villa for two nights. Their service was not as good as I had expected. There was a very long line during check in.

I had booked the room for four persons, but it was only prepared for two. They did give me extra towels after I requested them though.

My biggest complaint would be their in-room internet service. I had to give them a call countless times to get it fixed. Eventually they sent someone with very limited IT knowledge to try to fix it. He was following an instruction manual, and eventually gave up. He told me that they need to call the IT company, and that I'd have to wait until the next day. This was really unacceptable.

If it wasn't for the pool, I would have never considered this hotel.

p/s: For a hotel that charges me RM900++/night, I cant believe they don't provide an iron for every room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Penang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Park your car anywhere nearby to hotel or opt for multi storey car park. Service of all staff was splendid. Polite and greets your all the time.
Check in was so-so. Was there at 2.30pm for check in and there are 20ppl in front of me queeing for check in. Check-In / Out same counter. 3pm check in complete. Deposit of RM200 is taken for authorisation and will be taken off the next day of departure. Buggy ride again to your water villa.
Surprisingly room was so big. I am given 2 King size bed with plenty of space to move around. Easiy fit more than 4people (if you know what I mean). You have the view of the ocean below on the glass surface on the floor.
Private plunge pool with two floats provided. Kitchen was great. Microwave and electric kettle is available. What I don’t know is, dish washing detergent, sponge, cutleries, plates, bowls, serviettes, are provided as well. Thumbs Up. Toilet was OK. You can opt for closed door shower or open air shower.
There is private beach only for hotel guest so you can lay around and have some activities. Swimming pool has clear water and mini water park for kids. Remember to purchase voucher of RM18 to enjoy 3 of the games provided. You can choose segway, kmx, bicycle, etc, etc (forgotten)
If you are into fishing or crabbing, bring your own tools, you are allowed to fish and crab here. I got my fishing tackles but unfortunately no fish on hook. Tried crabbing outside my room window and got few crabs (flower crabs). Released as still small in size. They have gazebo for you to fish/crab.
Giant hypermarket was only <10minutes drive away (if you have your own transportation). Or else, you can get a cab. Plenty of seafood restaurant everywhere. Chinese, Malay, Indian food available nearby. Could not see any western food. Sorry.

One more thing, good security during night time. Guard was on patrol mode all the time and cctv are everywhere. They even have barbwires curling around those poles under our villas to prevent intruder from climbing up. Thumbs Up. You know, its quiet during night time.
Breakfast was ok.

Check out at 12pm. This villas was much better than the previous.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toulouse, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I booked the and was a tad disappointed that I was directed to the 8th floor of the building instead of the seafront. I checked with the front desk about it and was informed that I would have to pay 150RM extra, on top of the 777RM I already paid to secure a full seaview villa when I made my reservation.

In any case, the room was really nice with 2 large king sized beds and a 4ft deep private pool; and pretty large as well (1300 sq ft).

The service was pretty bad though. When we realized that the kettle wasn't working and called for a replacement, it never came. Also, when we called the front desk to ask for a bottle opener, they just simply told us to call the chinese restaurant. When we finally called the chinese restaurant and they did send us up. He told us that we have to use the opener immediately and return it to him, for they only had one. This is simply unacceptable for a hotel that angles themselves towards the luxury segment.

After our swim in the pool, when we requested for 4 extra towels, we were told that we could only have 2. Which seems really strange considering that they had 2 king sized beds in the unit (which should indicate for 4 guests isnt it) and they only had initially provided 2 towels. And also, the room only came with 2 breakfast vouchers - which the breakfast was really poor anyway.

In any case, I think while it is a half-decent property, I probably would not stay here again nor recommend this to my friends.

Room Tip: Do indicate in your reservation if you want to secure a sea facing room, and be prepared to shell ou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been here for quite several times since the name is Legend International Waterhomes (sorry can't include pics). The first time we booked Garden Room, 2nd time still Garden Room (but top floor, non-covered pool), 3rd time Sky Pool Villa, then Grand Garden Pool Villa..of all rooms, I'd say I preferred Grand Garden Pool Villa because I feel like it's the biggest of all rooms that I have tried.

For me, I don't face/had much trouble related to the room. Except that I don't understand why the towels were only prepared for two adults even if you mention you came in group of two adults + two kids. Does it mean that those kids don't need to use towels, even though logically you knew kids were the most excited when there were pools? But I won't make this as a big issue. Of course there were little tiny things as well because it's impossible to have a super perfect room. I usually let go of those tiny defect as long it doesn't spoiled my holiday.

In terms of staffs services, I can say not all at the front desk were that friendly to welcome you. Sometimes they don't even updated one another for guests infos. I face this problem for my trip this year. We booked 2 units of Grand Garden Pool Villa, and request for side-by-side room. Check-in time is 3:00pm (standard check-in time is around 2:00pm or 3:00pm), but we arrived early so we decided to have lunch at Secret Recipe first (the worst Secret Recipe services I've ever been all my life). During lunch time, we called the hotel to inform that we've already at Port Dickson and if we can check-in early (sometimes if your room is ready you can check-in early, depending on the front desk staff). Since we check-in on Sunday (most people check-out on Sunday), we thought we can enter early. But they mentioned the room is not ready. Fine, understood. We go there sharp at 3:00pm only to find out that our rooms are still not ready. We waited for few more minutes. Surprisingly, we can can only enter our rooms at 5:15pm. Of course it's unacceptable but in order to apologized, the man at the front desk allowed us to check out at 2:00pm instead of 12:00pm. We stayed there for 4 days. On the last day, on the way back after breakfast, I asked my cousin to double confirm with the front desk about our check-out time. But none of them were being updated about this, therefore they still asked us to check-out at 12:00pm. Just when I'm about to call for the manager, luckily the man who mentioned we can check-out at 2:00pm enter the lobby. We double confirm with him and he directly informed his colleagues to allowed us check-out at 2:00pm. Settled! But still we're upset with this kind of services. Not only it's not our fault for the late check-in, we even spend thousands to stay there for few nites. If I ever get this kind of services again, I'll make sure they pay for it. Definitely unacceptable.

For breakfast, there have never been any improvement since the first time I stayed here. I don't know if they really cared for guests complaints, but to charged RM65++ for extra guests in room (which include breakfast & amenities; more for the price of breakfast) is just not worth it.

Other than this upsets, I'm more than happy to be in the room. Since Grand Lexis exist, I never stayed at other hotels in Port Dickson. The price is not cheap, therefore when I came here, I fully utilized the place, the room & its facilities. Then I feel it's worth it with the price. I really hope other people will enjoy too.

Room Tip: Always inform the front desk what's your requirements in your hotel room & get confirmation...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had high expectation of this hotel but it was bad from the word go. The reception was resembling a cheap vacation hotel where hordes of people were waiting in the small lobby.
We booked a room package directly from the hotel and they forgot to give me my dinner voucher. We also booked a baby cot for our baby and the reception said it is already in the room. It wasn't. We had to make a few calls to get it. It came 2 hours later. It was brought by one staff who gave me a stare as if i was troubling him. The guy never smile at all.

Oh..FYI, you are paying good money but no iron and ironing board is provided in the room. I made four calls from 4 pm and around 1030pm the house keeping called me to get the 'iron' back - the problem was they never bothered to send the iron. I went to see the duty manager to get it. I got an iron and the ironing board cover had a big hole in it. I wish i can show photo of it. It was 1130 pm when i got it.

The room and the private pool was alright

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I am torn between criticising Pord Dickson or THe Grand Lexis. It was an interesting toss up. Anyway we were first timers here and were lured by the Tripadvisor ratings and the picture. We went on to book the Villa with the private pool. And off we drove from Singapore.

Getting to PD wasn't difficult at all and the traffic was light albeit the pot holes were really terrible in town. Is this fair comment on PD? Maybe.

Anyway we checked into the villa at the Grand Lexis, full of expectation.

First, the villa was at the corner of a busy drive way. Second, it was nowhere near any beach. Third, the rooms were small and while the pool looked decent there was no buttons for any jet spa or jacuzzi treatments despite the presence of jets on the side of the pool.

The toilets and bathrooms were adequate for 4 people. We had 5 in our group and begged for an extra bed and was even willing to pay for it but management said "no". One of us slept on the sofa. Then I used the bathroom and while it was a nicely built affair I did not expect the tap to blow into me because one of the washers have fallen off or gotten rusty. There was a huge amount of water wastage but I give FULL credit to the plumbing team who came by in one minute after my phone call was made. And they came at about 9 PM. Not bad. And they repaied it within 10 minutes.

Then we decided to take a walk to look for the shore or the beach but there was none. The whole coastline where the Grand LExis is situated is dominated by the villas or rooms which are supported by cement pylons. You would have to check into these rooms to get a sea viw and guests who walked from the expensive villas had nothing to look to. That was the end of the beach visit.

Then there was breakfast. It was oily, and in come dishes, not well cooked. It really felt like a hawker centre. But I sort of expected it but began wondering why they put the word Grand in front of LExis.

Again, I will give FULL credit to the front desk for allowing us to cancel the next 2 nights which we had booked. There was no penalty because the manager believed us when we told him that the hotel and the villa was not up to expectations as pictured on their web site. So at least we did not have to endure more salt on our wounds and we did not feel compelled to stay another 2 nights in a town where potholes are the rulers of the road and the beach is a GPS puzzle away.

Sorry Port Dickson but I won't be back with my family or even alone. Should have gone to Pangkor or Langkawai instead.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Staying at Grand Lexis Port Dickson today, it's nice each room contains private pool however the pool is not heated which makes swimming after sunset cold...you really cannot swim at night.

Also rooms with private pools do not have good view... It would be good improvement if each room has ocean view. My room is viewing entrance of the next neighbouring set of suites.

They need more activities, saw the archery area...which is so small, it not functional...the whole archery range is less than 10 feet long. What can people really do with that? Biking at this resort doesn't seem to be practical either as you are just riding around the suite grounds.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Grand Lexis Port Dickson? Share your experiences!