“poor customer service even prior booking” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Lexis Port Dickson

Save Saved
You added Grand Lexis Port Dickson to your Saves list
Grand Lexis Port Dickson
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2nd Mile, Jalan Seremban, Port Dickson 71000 , Malaysia (Formerly Legend International Water Homes)   |
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Port Dickson
“poor customer service even prior booking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I havent actually stay in this hotel yet but it has already given me a very poor impression even before I managed to book my hotel.

I've tried to ring this hotel (PD office) for more than 10 times within 3 days and no one answer my call from the room reservation dept. For the very last time, it was answered.

The person wasn't very helpful at all and she couldn't speak very good English, so I was transferred to another lady. I was hoping to know more about the promotions available but all I can sensed was she was really impatient and wanting to hang up my phone.

From the very beginning I was quite impressed with the hotel and decided to spend my Xmas holidays here with my friends for a few nights. Now? I've decided to go somewhere else because I don't think I'll get any better customer service if from the very beginning the hotel can't satisfy me even before booking. I am quite disappointed.

I hope the management can look at all these feedbacks and improve on their customer service. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Checked in with a couple of freinds in March 2012.
Stayed at the Sky Pool Grand Villa
The place was amaizing, its really huge with 2 seperate rooms and ample amount of space
The pool was great too
Service could have been better, but no real complains
Breakfast spread should be improved in my opinion
On the overall, great place to stay

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have always wanted to stay here after reading about the in-room private pools. Booking directly with this hotel is managed through a 3rd party and that didn't give me a good impression right from the start because the booking agent cannot get your name right despite best efforts from the customer. For example, you say "S" for Singapore and they still spelled it "F".

I arrived at 1.45pm and was told my room was only available at 2.30-3.00pm. This is alright normally but I saw people checking out at 2pm which was a bit annoying. When I asked if I can also check out at 2pm, they said No.

The hotel staff in general are not very knowledgeable about their hotel. I get different answers from different people.

If you read my reviews, I am usually easy to please but this hotel is a bit disappointing.

I booked an executive pool villa

Good points:
The in-room pool was clean though a bit too heavily chlorinated.
It was cool to be staying on a room above the sea with a little glass window to peak at the water.
2 king sized beds and good comfortable mattresses
Buggy service was prompt
Staff are courteous despite seeming clueless at time

Points to note:
Pool fountain is centrally controlled. It can be noisy if you want to sleep in the afternoon.
Executive water villa does not have a window facing the sea except at the toilets/end of the pool

Bad points:
The room was not well maintained. Some doors and cabinets need to be fixed
Room was not cleaned properly
Breakfast spread is too localized. Not enough international fare

In summary;
Do not let the room rate deceive you that this is a luxury hotel. It is not.
The rate is high because the rooms are large, there is a mini pool in your room and you are staying above the waters of the Straits of Malacca.
It is officially rated 4 stars but I think it is more of a 3 star hotel.

You pay 5 star rates to stay in a 3 star hotel with rooms above water and a private pool.

Room Tip: You may ask for a room further out in the sea. Further to walk but quieter and during low tide, you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Good points : in-villa pool , good for families . Spacious room with 2 king-sized beds, dry kitchenette (microwave, sink ,2 bowls/plates but no dish detergent, and only a tiny minibar fridge ).
No sea-view , and just murky water through the in-floor glass panel.

Not-so-good : place was overrun by noisy young kids and large company groups , so it really isn't a choice for rest & relaxation . Very limited seating in lobby , and check-in/out can be chaotic. No assistance even offered , with bags, at time of check-in- just handed the room key and left to our own devices to locate the room and lug our own bags .
All in - would not consider it value for money .

• Stayed December 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

my 1st and 2nd stay has been reasuring however the adequacy of it's a-ar doors in the bath rooms and pool doors needs fixing. The drainange pipes from the bathrooms need futher maintanance plumbing without reports from the guest as this are essential for any hotel management

Room Tip: take the infinity pool , it's HEAVENLLY BEAUTIFULL.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nites for business Trip. Arrived to hotel on late Friday night. Realized that no iron in my room. Called house keeping at 1140pm for iron. Reply from them, they are run out of iron. What...? My meeting start 8am next day. I insist I need one. they said nothing can be done and need to check...By 1210, someone send me iron with iron board using bicycle. But inform me that I only entitle for 30min. This is how 5 star hotel treat customer?

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed in this hotel in May 2012 during Labour Day so we get the weekdays promotional rate.
but then again quite suprise when actually the internet rate exclude government tax. So there's extra charges on that.

Reception:
Good, polite and helpful staff as I often asked a lotsa questions.

The room:
We stayed in a Skypool Villa overlooking the sea so the view was very Nice With hibiscus Villa landscape.
We got 2 king size beds. the Villa was comfortable. There's a reading table, sofa and flat screen tv. then there's a mini kitchen with microwave oven, water boiler, sink, kitchen cabinet and welcome drink (so make ur own)
No complains bout that.

Toilet: seperated between shower n the loo.. dissapointed as it's not very clean with dirts at almost every corner. both r quite small. No bathtub just a shower.
The great thing is, U can pull up the blind and watch the scenary while u're showering if u like.

Indoor Pool;
Dirty plus the water is very cold. Do something bout it pls...

Balcony:
Very nicely done with fake grass which I slept on it to tanned myself.
But, the light was not functioning so such a waste We can't enjoy the scenary at the balcony at night.

Food:
moderate as no variety of choice and the taste was simple.
We expect more.

Activity:
Lotsa activities to do the for example: cycling, archering and we did enjoy it.

An average stay which I feel that the management should improve more on maintaining a good environment and excellent facilities..
We'll be back for sure and we expect more!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Lexis Port Dickson? Share your experiences!