“best service!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

SAVE 10% ON ROOM RATES!
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Port Dickson
“best service!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have stayed for 2 nights and the service was great. We had enjoyed so much by playing jet ski, Snorkeling and by providing us free ice cream, pop corn and so much more. The room was clean so does the restaurant, Especially, we want to say special thanks to the manager Raj , he was really polite, and help us well during check out.
We would also like to say thanks to all other staffs for providing, best service to us and we are planning to visit again in January next year. We really look forward to it.

Room Tip: Pool side view is absolutely good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We chose Thistle Port Dickson for a short getaway family holiday with some hesitance after reading some of the review on Trip Advisor. Got an impression that the resort is run down. This impression took a further dive when on arrival at the resort, its luggage trolley toppled sideway onto our car and left a dent. What a letdown that was but we were glad that was the lowest point of this trip. From there on, the wonderful team at Thistle, through their great service, won our heart at the end of our stay.

My family enjoyed the stay. The suite was modern, clean and comfortable (unlike some of the dodgy photos posted by some reviewers). Room service was prompt. My boy (6 yo) and girl (3 yo) enjoyed the pool and beach tremendously. They spent every morning of their stay on the beach making sand castles and terrorising the crabs (some are big - ~5cm wide). Also enjoyed the free beach and water play i.e. the swing, banana boat, jet ski and short boat trip to some nearby corals (good for kids but yawning for adults). The staff was considerate towards kids. They allowed the kids onto the banana boat and pulled the boat slowly just to let the young kids have the trill of riding it. That pleased my boy a fair bit. The proximity of the beach bar (Cumulus) would please those parents looking after their kids on the beach :)

I love the golf course in the resort! Being so accessible allowed me to have a game every early morning of my stay and left me with ample time to join my wife and kids on the beach after each game. The course is pretty well maintained.

One note worthy point for people who is always thinking of what to eat for the next meal (or whether there are suitable food for their kids) is that cheap and good restaurants can be found just outside the resorts (need a transport). We had no problem feeding our kids and ourselves.

All said, the star feature of our stay is the resort staff. So glad that Mr Nichalraj Chandran (Assistant Front Office Manager) was on duty when my car got hit by the trolley. He jumped into the situation fairly promptly and managed the 'remediation' process very well. The resort management took on the responsibility without hesitation and arranged for the damage to be repaired during my stay. In fact, I also have the 'privilege' of being 'chauffeured' to the workshop by John (General Manager). Thanks John for finding time to give me a ride when your crew was swarmed with tour groups checking in.

Special thanks to Saravana and many others for the wonderful hospitality too.

We will be back in future. Cheers.

Tehran,Iran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

i was there for 2 nights.
it was absolutely beautiful, the sightseeing of ocean from the rooms was awesome.
the outside pool was fascinating and the spa was clean and calm.
staffs were polite and helpful.
breakfast was delicious.
the bar was so small and other entertainments were expensive a little.

Room Tip: just tray it !
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We made the right decision to stay at Thistle Port Dickson Resort for our family vacation. About 55 years ago, our parents (who were then a dating couple) went to Port Dickson for a day-trip.A few days ago, we together with our parents and our family members chose Thistle Port Dickson for the family vacation destination. We like the landscape of the resort and its surroundings, the coconut trees, the private beach, the sea and the pools. From the balcony, we could view the magnificent sea and the rising sun in the morning. What's more, we enjoyed all the games and water sports - jetski. banana boat ride and fish-feeding at the Blue Lagoon. Then there were the interactive games-room and the karaoke room where we had so much fun, excitement and pleasure. All these are free. Bottled drinks-are available at the pool side apart from the free-flowing drinks at the lobby. "Welcome drinks" were available at the Cumulus. Breakfast was very good. To our surprise, there were fruits -apples,oranges, grapes and kiwi given to us for every room for 2 consecutive days. A very big "Thank You" to Mr.Raj who had made our vacation even more exciting and meaningful by giving our parents a special cake (from Thistle) as we celebrated their wedding anniversary. We enjoyed every single day of our vacation at Thistle Port Dickson.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea-view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ThistleGMPD, General Manager at Thistle Port Dickson Resort, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

This is a great story - we are so happy to have played a part in your parents' return to Port Dickson and hope that this will be your hotel for all the anniversaries and celebrations to come.
Raj is an outstanding member of the team and we are proud to work with him. We will pass on your good wishes.

Please give our best to your parents and let us know when you are organising your next stay.

John and Team
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great facilities and friendly staff. Credit goes to the Asst. Front Desk Manager, Mr Nichalraj Chandran who was very accommodating to all my request. He goes to the extra mile to ensure that my stay is pleasant and fun too. I would definitely recommend this resort to my friend and relatives and rest assured that I would come back again for another stay. Stanley Yip from Cheras, Selangor Darul Ehsan

Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for posting your review of Thistle Port Dickson Resort. The team and I are very happy to see that your stay was a pleasant one.

We will pass your comments onto Nichalraj and make sure he gets the recognition for his hard work.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future. Our contact details are located at the top of our Trip Advisor page – please let us know if we may be of any service.

John and Team
Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I still remember the experience of staying in Guoman PD hotel which now has been taking over by Thistle Hotel. Even in Guoman, my perception of the hotel is that it charges a lot for very little in return. Now my visit to Thistle, I would have expected many changes to improve but to my dismal, not a lot has changed. Firstly, the rooms still has the same old tiles which I thought were ugly compared to many other hotels which I have stayed. The furnitures and the toiletries remain the same. Most probable the TV improved to a flat TV and some painting to the walls. Apart from that, I do not see how the hotel can acclaim that it is a premiere hotel based on the rates they are charging. Some 3 star hotels looks much more impressive. Even the hot water for coffee is faulty which I could only turn it off by switching off the main switch. The curtains looks old and erie. The verandah is dusty and old. If I just want to stay overnight with a decent bed, this hotel is definitely stay able but don't expect the same type of comfort for the price you are paying

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

We are very grateful to you for choosing Thistle and for giving us your comments.

We would like to sincerely apologise for falling very short of the mark on this occasion. Our promise to each guest is to provide an enjoyable and relaxing experience and we acknowledge that we have failed on this occasion.

We take your comments very seriously and they will be of great assistance to us as we strive for performance excellence in everything we do.

Once again, we are terribly sorry to have let you down on this occasion and , while we understand you may be reluctant to return to us, we would like you to know that we would be very grateful for an opportunity to serve you in the future. If we can be on any assistance at all, our contact details are located at the top of our Trip Advisor page.

John Murphy
Kajang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Memorable holidays!!That was the best words to described my feeling towards my holidays at thistle hotel.Stayed for 2 nights, 2 days ago was unforgetable.From the first step we arrived at the hotel till check out,my family and I were given an excellent services especially from Raj, Faizul,Magesh and Hazelin and not to mention "fun fair team" make my daughter happy with the games.Rooms, swimiming pool and foods,fantastic.Nice seaview facing the straits sea...but most of all, I would like to say thank you so much to Mr John Murphy,General Manager.What can I said is the best leader, will come out good results.Credit to Mr John Murphy! Surprise seeing him everywhere walking around the hotel to make sure the visitors are happy.Humble person and hard working man.Thumbs up again to Mr John Murphy and staffs.Keep up the good works.Will see us next year soon..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Thistle Port Dickson Resort? Share your experiences!