“Great time!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kajang, Malaysia
“Great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We booked few rooms, as it was a big family gathering. Although, it was the fasting month of Ramadan, the breakfast spread was good. We enjoyed the pool. The kids had a blast. The beach was very clean.The hotel staff and workers were friendly and very helpful. Special mention of the front desk personnel, Mr Raj. Thank you guys. Will definitely go there again. Marcelle. Kajang.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay in the hotel very much & couldn't complaint anything about it.
Spacious room with fantastic sea view. Unique cumulus pool & bar where we could grab few glasses of drinks by the beach.
Staffs are friendly N very helpful. Many thanks to Ms. Irene Wong in providing great services & useful travel tips around PD. marvelous!!
I would definitely make a trip back to thistle Port Dickson.

Stayed July 2013
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed a night over the weekend to celebrate our little one's birthday. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. It is a very child-friendly hotel with kids activities everyday. The pool area was clean and water was warm even during windy day. There are 2 kids pool with slides, a playroom, playground and very good for family with children. We just couldn't get enough of the pool. There is also an infinity pool facing the sea! There was a path connecting to the beach and mainly for the hotel guests only.

The room was clean and comfortable. Parking was ample and easy. Breakfast was good with lots of variety. Service was prompt even though the restaurant was full and busy. The buffet dinner was great with a wide selection of both local and international food.

We are very satisfied with the hotel and the service provided. It was definitely an excellent weekend get away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Many thanks to John Murphy, General Manager and appreciate very much the warm hospitality stay from your teams at Thistle PD Resort couple days ago. We feel like homey, caring, relax, comfy and recharge!!

Splendid jobs from the charming and friendly phone operator early morning yesterday!! She guided me in detailed along Jalan Pantai from army camp at the north to the resort at the south side of the coastal road. It is a bit confusing after exit from Seremban PD highway to Jalan Pantai from Google Map.

Superb jobs from the friendly and caring Front Office and Security teams!! We feel welcome home the moment come in the resort!!

Excellent jobs from the helpful and friendly M&E, F&B and Housekeeping teams!! They are attentive to our needs throughout the meetings and our stay.

Fantastic jobs from the fun and energetic Sports & Games Teams!! We love and enjoy the fun, exciting, enlightening, challenging outdoor sports games and facilities.

We love you all especially John!! Feel like big family over our homey stay!! We truly love and enjoy the sandy beach, tropical morning rain, morning sunshine at seaside, bird singing and sound of wave!!

Thank you very much to John!! Thistle Port Dickson Resort is indeed a tonic from the stresses and strains of city life!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The rooms were not first class for sure but I wouldn't complaint for what I paid for. I requested for a better view and was assigned a room at the top most floor on the 6th. There are many birds that will hang around the evenings so it may be a little noisy around the rooms at that time.

But what I liked most about the hotel was the fact that I went on the weekdays. I must say that I got much more than what I paid for unlike the other reviews here. Can't expect more with USD150 per night inclusive of taxes. Why I said so was, I was there with my wife and we had the whole pool, whole pool grounds to ourselves. The beach was literally just for ourselves. There was only a family with 2 kids and at times another couple around. Besides, there is another pool too at Cumulus bar where only adults are allowed ensuring there's no noise from kids around (not that noise was an issue at all) as we sort of like had the whole resort to ourselves. We enjoyed the walks on the beach and the water sports facilities are free for the guests well at least the kayaks. We really got more than what we paid for. We enjoyed ourselves playing the Bocce lawn game. It's like we had the whole hotel grounds to ourselves. There was even a hut near cumulus bar equipped with Wii stations and we played away into the evenings. Ha ha. This hotel was ranked #1 in Port Dickson on Tripadvisor but I must say if there were 5 star resorts available in Port Dickson I would have gone with another hotel, but the stay sure didn't let me down at all for what I paid. In fact I am quite reluctant to write a review as I am a little selfish now that I'd like the crowd to remain as it is. Unspoilt, uncrowded, serene, quiet as it is and hopefully there won't be too many people when I visit next time. It comes with a 9 hole golf course too. The spa facilities is a little walk away though detached from the hotel building but no complaints. Expect to walk a little here at the hotel.

It is one place where one will not be bothered by beach touts, no stray beach buggies, no stray horse rides, no irritating beach vendors. Just what we were looking for.

The beach walks will be unforgettable. There are no outside restaurants nearby but there are many restaurants at the hotel. We also drove to a good Mexican restaurant called El Carretas about 10kms away. The food was great.

Why I said we got more than what we paid for, we have previously paid for places USD500 per night for such hotel grounds with great 5 star rooms in Penang, but the beach were a real let down. There were dangerous and noise beach buggy rides on the beach, dangerous horse rides on the beach, the speedboats from the para-sailsing, beach touts, oh please spare us those. I really got more than I paid for. In fact, I'm really hoping that it stays at it is and that the crowd would not spoil it all. In fact, we had to hunt for hotels that comes with private pools such as villas for privacy but always too crowded and annoying at the beaches in most cases. But with Thistle this place was surreal. I have always thought where can I find a place where the tourists are elsewhere, the beach touts 'zapped' away and I have found it.

Thank you Thistle hotel and staff! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

THISTLE would be one of the Unforgettable Moments for ME & MY SISTER !
There is no happiness here but Moments of happiness !
Thank you so much to NichalRaj [Duty Manager]..You made our stay so SPECIAL..there arent enough words to express our Gratitude to you & to all the staff in thistle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Just came back from a wonderful stay at the Thistle Port Dickson. It was great the front office staff and housekeeping staff were very friendly. Had some problems with the aircond and ants in my room made a complain and the Duty Manager Ms.Vithya came personaly to attend to it and gave an upgrade of the room. Everything else was good. Would love to go back there again.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Thistle Port Dickson Resort? Share your experiences!