“Nightmare Holiday - Don't bother!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of PRIMALAND Port Dickson Resort & Convention Centre (PRCC)

You added PRIMALAND Port Dickson Resort & Convention Centre (PRCC) to your Saves list
PRIMALAND Port Dickson Resort & Convention Centre (PRCC)
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 PD Prima, Batu 13, Jalan Pantai Pasir Panjang, Port Dickson 71250, Malaysia (Formerly BEST WESTERN Prima Inland Sea Resort)   |
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kuala LUmpur
“Nightmare Holiday - Don't bother!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I do not have a habit of writing reviews, but in this case, I feel very strongly that it is my duty to warn any of you who may be contemplating coming here. The experience was so bad that I even contemplated taking legal action. Imagine yourself and your daughter looking forward to a water theme park for weeks and then UPON ARRIVAL, told that the water theme park is closed and that you are free to come back any time before the end of August if you wish. All this after you have driven for 3 hours, having lost the way a couple of times, really tired, and looking forward to a weekend of rest. My heart almost stopped at that point and can you imagine my little girl's disappointment? The situation was so unforgivable because nobody bothered to call me to inform me that the water theme park was closed and ask if i would like to have my dates changed BEFORE I arrived. Is it so difficult to make ONE phonecall? If they will not even make a simple phonecall, what lengths do you think they would go to make their customers happy? I did not want to argue at that time because I was really tired already. But I did contemplate legal action, given such absurdity.

As if this wasn't enough, the restaurant was full of flies and my daughter had diarrhoea after eating there. For those of you reading the reviews, I would advise that you pay attention to reviewers who have written many reviews rather than just the one. (You might have noticed that the one-offs are rave reviews). Sometimes it is difficult to determine which the authentic ones are.

Most of us are busy people wanting a relaxing getaway and a fun time with our kids. There are lots of other places in Malaysia that fit this bill. Don't bother getting yourself all stressed out by coming here.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were well greet by the friendly front office staff just when we stepped into the resort lobby. Check in speedily. Rooms were well assigned.

We were escorted to the rooms at block G and with welcome fruits in room. Rooms are spacious with a living area.

We stayed for just one night, our kids enjoyed the water park extremely much.

Overall an enjoyable stay for us and our in laws' family. Will come back on the coming Dec school holiday (promised to my two kids).

• Stayed July 2013
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed in this Resort for 2 nights. Is a good place for families to get together. A huge water park within the Resort. It is safe and ideal for our young kids.

We came with 3 other families and friends, felt extremely enjoyable.

We met several excellent service team members, they are polite, helpful and hospitable.

We spoke to the Manager in charge for F&B, and found that Best Western Prima only managing the front 3 blocks and not the whole resort, there;s why we noticed several blocks look more tired than the front blocks with Best Western Logo.

We concluded it is a good 3.5 star Resort with reasonable rates they are charging.

Room Tip: Choose Rooms with Balcony to oversee the beautiful and Huge Water Park
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Resort with great huge water park.

Smiles and excitement from the faces of our kids, we were so please to have plan ourB holiday at Prima Sea Resort.

Another note, the rooms that we stayed are huge, just like an executive suites.

Worth the money we paid.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Juz arrived n already feels cheated. Was recommended by a friend and dont understand why people r giving good review. The hotel r so run down, service was slow n with flies around. Info from the internet with nice pics r very misleading. Seriously not coming back n wld rather be at home. The only interesting place; the pool n d themepark with better maintenance wld be a great attraction for family trip.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I'm not sure why others gave good rating for this resort but here is my humble review. The check-in was SLOW and the so called welcome drinks is actually syrup water with house files visiting the drinks. The resort is located in a deserted place where you can't find any other eatery other than their own restaurant in the resort and it's not possible to go there if you are not driving. I drove out to other area for breakfast, lunch and dinner during my stay.

Room: The room that we stay is a 2 bedroom family "suite" which I must agree that it is big but not clean, we found cigarette butt in the toilet, living room water tap spoiled and the phone also faulty. Worst of all, we found ants on the bed. The living room has no aircon installed except a ceiling fan, fortunately the two bedroom have but you cannot set the temperature.

Water Park: The park is huge and suitable for young children and even adults, but the pool is dirty and also very run down. what you see in their website is not what you see when you onsite. I believe the photos from the resort website have been photoshop too attract visitors. I will post the original photo (without photoshop) i took during my stay at the resort.

Eatery: There is this Anna kopitiam next to the entrance of the resort which serve good food and cheap, the staff is more friendly and attentive.

The only good thing I like is the parking, you can park directly below the apartment you stay with security guard on 24/7 duty. I hope my review will help you save $$ and stay in a better hotel or better resort in Port Dickson.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had our family gathering at this Resort, found it a great place with the people here and the huge water park.

We enjoyed the resort feel and our kids love it for sure.

A great holiday for us! Cheers!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to PRIMALAND Port Dickson Resort & Convention Centre (PRCC)? Share your experiences!