“Dissapointed travel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Glory Beach Resort

You added Glory Beach Resort to your Saves list
Glory Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Baru 2 Jalan Seremban Tanjung Gemok, Port Dickson 71000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Port Dickson
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Dissapointed travel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I and my family were supposed to stay for 2 nights, after we observe the environment, and decided to stay for a night only, besides than the swimming pool, other facility are not available, gym room no aircon, equipment no power, steamroom smelly and dirty, one of the bedroom smell so badly, tv remote missing, room aircon like dunno how many years already and noisy. such dissapointed with this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I made my way to Glory Beach Resort for the Chinese New year get away with my boyfriend and his family. We got our accommodation through Agoda. From the exterior, the buildings looks run down and old. Firstly, to my surprise, when we reached the location, we had to wait 2 hours before we got our apartment due to a peak period they say. It was suppose to be a 2 bed-room apartment. While making my way around the hotel during our wait, I found that the water in the pools were milky colored and smelled really awful. At the Coral restaurant, the food and drinks were over price and tasted below average. As we got to the apartment, we were greeted by a large lizard on the wall of the apartment. The entire place smelt like a part of unwashed socks. the walls were stained, the pantry area was dirty. The toilet was a terrible disaster. As we approached the counter for a change of room as the what we saw on the website was different from what we got, they could not care less. The service staff was blur and sloppy with a very bad attitude. No change of rooms were given, no refund or compensation was offered. Towels were stained. Only 2 towels were given to a 2 bed room apartment. Room service comes after 4-5 hours. House keeping did not change our towels either. The mini mart was so extensive too. Dinner was not appealing. The restaurants was filled with house flies which chased us out to have dinner. As we drove to our getaway, we had to parking lots at the so called resort. we had to make our way to the next hotel to secretly park out car. Activities like the banana boat rides were so over priced that we never did any beach activities. During the check out, we were rushed with no extension. We regret going to the Glory Beach Resort and for the first time we were actually looking forward to go back to Singapore. The only advantage of the trip was the view we had from the rooms. we could see the entire beach which convenience us to stay for the period we planned and not leave immediately. Bad bad experience. I would not even give it 1 rating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

A 3 bedroom apartment for RM500 a nite is really a waste of your money. Poor service, aircond was leaking, too much noise coming from the live band, BBQ for RM38 per person was not a steal at all, even animals wont eat the food. Unfriendly reception, dirty stairways...not a resort at all, more like a low cost flat. Never going to recommend or step my foot in this place again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Went there in Jan 2013 with my family.. The service about average.. But just a word of caution.. Make sure you request for receipts for anything that you've paid in cash, cos i don't think they keep any records.. i.e. during my recent trip, when I checked out, they still charged me for the extra mattresses that i've already paid in cash on the previous nite. They insisted that I have not paid.. Lucky we still keep the receipt.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have used Glory Beach Resort once or twice a month for many years now doing workshops. I have used many resorts and hotels not just in Port Dickson but many other AROUND THE WORLD. I consider this hotel as THE BEST RESORT HOTEL FOR SERVICE AND FOR SECURITY IN THE WHOLE WORLD!
Yes, it is a huge statement from me...yet remember it is a 3 Star Resort Holtel only. I rather be in this 3 Star Resort Hotel than even in a 5 Star one (having use such Resorts/Hotels before). From top management (Mr. Isaac the General Manager, Mr Gana the Food and Beverages Manager, Ms Sheila the Marketing Manager to Housekeeping and Maintenance - I know just about all of them on first names. They are all very extremely hospitable and friendly. They will go the country mile to ensure that my group(s) and I are as happy as can be.
Comostan's comment is to me unrealistic. It depends if top management is around, for example. I do know that around her time of writing, Mr Isaac had leave to attend to family problems, that Mr Gana and Ms Sheila were on holidays etc. It is not that I am making an excuse for them, it is a fact!
During my time, often either my own organisation or participants had their belongings left behind and all were either promptly solved or given time. Let me relate an incident when the organisation's very important video that had footages of events over the weekend were left behind in the hall. When informed they immediately looked around and could not find it. It was nearly 5 days later when one of the tables were moved to another spot that it was found under it. Glory Beach Resort staff immediately rang Pauline (my organiser) and kept it in safekeeping before we went over to take it back.
There was another occasion when Janet, a participant left her expensive camera behind. One call later and it was found and returned. What else can I say?
Housekeeping staff had been in and out of the apartments and I am proud to say that none of my valuables were stolen or taken by any of them - even the participants were in awe at the honesty and wonderful housekeeping staff. In fact as I write this I salute them for a service well done.
I would like, on behalf of the 1000s of participants who had gone through Glory Beach Resort and from YongiWay, to thank all Management and Staff of Glory Beach Resort - the best resort for SERVICE AND SECURITY in the world!
With a last comment here, I like to know which staff would fit into this perso's pants with belt - clean? I wonder which staff would lose their job over an insignificant pair of pants. Hehe!
Dr. Lim Yong Teng, YongiWay Wholesome Health, Malaysia and Australia.

Room Tip: C block is the best. Smile and the whole Glory Beach Resort staff smiles with you!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Me with a group of friends and family (total pax 44+) went for a holiday in GBR. From the first day all of us felt disappointed already.

1) The ARROGANT and NOT FRIENDLY Receptionist - We should be arrive at PD around 1 pm (for check in) however we get PHONE CALL from A ARROGANT, BRAG and SO NOT FRIENDLY receptionist on 11AM asking whether we can change or not our accommodations from 6 apartments to 2 apartments. Excuse me, but what do you expect when we are on our way and you said the rooms are not AVAILABLE whereby we already make our booking one month earlier? Of coz, when we said we are not agree on that, she just hang up the phone. She is so rude. She was lucky as we did not manage to get her name.

2) The rooms are not clean - Full of dust esp. on the floor and in the room. Twice I called the housekeeping number (810 and 811) asking for a broom but we get nothing until we check out.

3) What a policy is that??? - if we paid early for booking their BBQ set for RM130, and weather gets raining, you won’t get a refund for that. Excuse me, I never been to a resort/hotel whereby customer need to bear the cost if raining happened before the BBQ even start. Yes we know, if raining while we are in the MIDST of BBQ, there is a logic u wont get refund back. Please review the policy. SO lame..

Please please consider GBR for your staying over the weekend. Its not worth for your money. ALL OF YOUR MONEY.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have been using the Glory Beach Resort (GBR) once a month for 3 days for the past 1 year. I take groups of 40 to 50 people there for teambuilding sessions each month.

You must be clear why you would go to GBR. If you are looking for a sophisticated or glossy resort; look elsewhere. GBR has no pretensions or illusions of grandeur. It is very comfortable being a workhorse-like 3-star resort, in what I think is the better end of Port Dickson.

What the resort may lack in sparkle, it makes up for, with great heart!

Led by the affable and obliging Isaac Raj, the GM, the resort is staffed by some of the most accommodating and warm staff you can find anywhere. From the bell-hops to the front office staff; from the restaurant staff to the bar staff, the resort somehow has managed to attract and train people who are "willing to go the extra mile". No request is met with a no! Every ask, is obliged.

More than the building or the dated interior or the weekend crowds, the thing that stands out most is the unparalleled service.

Port Dickson is the playground for the masses. Its proximity to Kuala Lumpur attracts droves of weekend holiday makers, especially large families & groups of raucous friends. All the apartment resorts in PD are filled to the brim each week. Unless you are willing to pay a premium or top dollar, you will only get mid range resorts with mediocre or poor service.

Glory Beach Resort stands out as gem in PD being a mid range resort with exceptional service!

Book it! Don't think anymore!!

Room Tip: Ask for Block C
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business