“BEST RESORT HOTEL FOR SERVICE AND FOR SECURITY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glory Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Glory Beach Resort to your Saves list
Glory Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Baru 2 Jalan Seremban Tanjung Gemok, Port Dickson 71000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Port Dickson
Petaling Jaya
“BEST RESORT HOTEL FOR SERVICE AND FOR SECURITY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have used Glory Beach Resort once or twice a month for many years now doing workshops. I have used many resorts and hotels not just in Port Dickson but many other AROUND THE WORLD. I consider this hotel as THE BEST RESORT HOTEL FOR SERVICE AND FOR SECURITY IN THE WHOLE WORLD!
Yes, it is a huge statement from me...yet remember it is a 3 Star Resort Holtel only. I rather be in this 3 Star Resort Hotel than even in a 5 Star one (having use such Resorts/Hotels before). From top management (Mr. Isaac the General Manager, Mr Gana the Food and Beverages Manager, Ms Sheila the Marketing Manager to Housekeeping and Maintenance - I know just about all of them on first names. They are all very extremely hospitable and friendly. They will go the country mile to ensure that my group(s) and I are as happy as can be.
Comostan's comment is to me unrealistic. It depends if top management is around, for example. I do know that around her time of writing, Mr Isaac had leave to attend to family problems, that Mr Gana and Ms Sheila were on holidays etc. It is not that I am making an excuse for them, it is a fact!
During my time, often either my own organisation or participants had their belongings left behind and all were either promptly solved or given time. Let me relate an incident when the organisation's very important video that had footages of events over the weekend were left behind in the hall. When informed they immediately looked around and could not find it. It was nearly 5 days later when one of the tables were moved to another spot that it was found under it. Glory Beach Resort staff immediately rang Pauline (my organiser) and kept it in safekeeping before we went over to take it back.
There was another occasion when Janet, a participant left her expensive camera behind. One call later and it was found and returned. What else can I say?
Housekeeping staff had been in and out of the apartments and I am proud to say that none of my valuables were stolen or taken by any of them - even the participants were in awe at the honesty and wonderful housekeeping staff. In fact as I write this I salute them for a service well done.
I would like, on behalf of the 1000s of participants who had gone through Glory Beach Resort and from YongiWay, to thank all Management and Staff of Glory Beach Resort - the best resort for SERVICE AND SECURITY in the world!
With a last comment here, I like to know which staff would fit into this perso's pants with belt - clean? I wonder which staff would lose their job over an insignificant pair of pants. Hehe!
Dr. Lim Yong Teng, YongiWay Wholesome Health, Malaysia and Australia.

Room Tip: C block is the best. Smile and the whole Glory Beach Resort staff smiles with you!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Me with a group of friends and family (total pax 44+) went for a holiday in GBR. From the first day all of us felt disappointed already.

1) The ARROGANT and NOT FRIENDLY Receptionist - We should be arrive at PD around 1 pm (for check in) however we get PHONE CALL from A ARROGANT, BRAG and SO NOT FRIENDLY receptionist on 11AM asking whether we can change or not our accommodations from 6 apartments to 2 apartments. Excuse me, but what do you expect when we are on our way and you said the rooms are not AVAILABLE whereby we already make our booking one month earlier? Of coz, when we said we are not agree on that, she just hang up the phone. She is so rude. She was lucky as we did not manage to get her name.

2) The rooms are not clean - Full of dust esp. on the floor and in the room. Twice I called the housekeeping number (810 and 811) asking for a broom but we get nothing until we check out.

3) What a policy is that??? - if we paid early for booking their BBQ set for RM130, and weather gets raining, you won’t get a refund for that. Excuse me, I never been to a resort/hotel whereby customer need to bear the cost if raining happened before the BBQ even start. Yes we know, if raining while we are in the MIDST of BBQ, there is a logic u wont get refund back. Please review the policy. SO lame..

Please please consider GBR for your staying over the weekend. Its not worth for your money. ALL OF YOUR MONEY.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have been using the Glory Beach Resort (GBR) once a month for 3 days for the past 1 year. I take groups of 40 to 50 people there for teambuilding sessions each month.

You must be clear why you would go to GBR. If you are looking for a sophisticated or glossy resort; look elsewhere. GBR has no pretensions or illusions of grandeur. It is very comfortable being a workhorse-like 3-star resort, in what I think is the better end of Port Dickson.

What the resort may lack in sparkle, it makes up for, with great heart!

Led by the affable and obliging Isaac Raj, the GM, the resort is staffed by some of the most accommodating and warm staff you can find anywhere. From the bell-hops to the front office staff; from the restaurant staff to the bar staff, the resort somehow has managed to attract and train people who are "willing to go the extra mile". No request is met with a no! Every ask, is obliged.

More than the building or the dated interior or the weekend crowds, the thing that stands out most is the unparalleled service.

Port Dickson is the playground for the masses. Its proximity to Kuala Lumpur attracts droves of weekend holiday makers, especially large families & groups of raucous friends. All the apartment resorts in PD are filled to the brim each week. Unless you are willing to pay a premium or top dollar, you will only get mid range resorts with mediocre or poor service.

Glory Beach Resort stands out as gem in PD being a mid range resort with exceptional service!

Book it! Don't think anymore!!

Room Tip: Ask for Block C
Kuala Selangor, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I left my video camera in the cafeteria one day and totally forgot about it. Only realize it after a day or so. Called the hotel to look for the video camera and happens that one of the staff took it and kept it for us. We have been staying in Glory Beach Resort every month for almost 3 years. We find the staff very honest, helpful and friendly. Very good service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I left behind a short pants and belt still intact to it on 2/12/2012. I just realized that I left it behind on 5/12/2012. Called the hotel on 5/12 and staff from housekeeping promised to look for it and tell me the findings on 6/12. I even write an email directed to the housekeeping manager. I received a call on 6/12 as promised and said they didnt find anything. A pants with belt wont just disappear into the air, and the fact that the room is unoccupied since 2/12 to 5/12, the item should be found. Without cctv on their corridor to monitor their workers, anyone could have clean the room, took it and claimed they didnt found it. I emailed the manager again and even today as I'm writing, I haven't received any response. So I called again and demanded a better answer from the hotel, a guy from frontdesk promised this matter will be raised to the GM. On 7/12 around 8pm i called the hotel again since i didnt received any response from them. Around 830pm the manager on duty called me and said he's going to look into this matter. I didnt expect to found my favourite pants and belt, but the way they handle things is very unprofessional and hospitality is at the lowest. I wonder if everything left by the guest is considered non valuable and thrown away. But since the pants and belt is not cheap, maybe the cleaner consider it as a gift?

• Stayed December 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Had a team building session here. Basic facilities for meetings, company training etc but overall budgetwise was ok.

The swimming pool is best described as a communal pool as it is overly crowded with people.

Apartment was bit rundown and dusty in certain rooms. Apartment facilities was all functional and nothing grand.

Food was ok - tummy well fed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Great place, especially on the turtle hatchery center.. Great place for a BBQ till late to 12pm. The management team of Mr. Isaac is great with hospitality and warm welcome. Right until check-in to the point upon checking out, they ensure we did have a memorable exprience and try their best to accomodate guest needs.

Room Tip: The Only Turtle Hatchery Center within the vicinity. Good to bring kids and family to really touch a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Glory Beach Resort? Share your experiences!