“The same old things” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The same old things”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We just come here to swim and visit relative. Cause my husband is member in this Bayu Beach Resort. We come here to run away from city life (Kuala Lumpur), that all. Two room apartments, just nice for my us. The place just ok, for big family and budgeted family. Lastly make sure you have you own vehicle to travel around Port Dickson.

Room Tip: Rooms facing beach side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

just nice...affordable and meet the minimum quality standard...if you expect 5 stars furniture, services etc...go for 5 stars hotel.so far, good things about this hotel are a wonderful panoramic view of the beach..and good hospitality

Room Tip: get a room with sea view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
KL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

..the only reason why we keep going to this place is cos dad has a membership with premium holidays,and he we were again .....at the same darn resort after many years,same pool...same ambience...same drabby old thing...except for new changes which we really hated...had to stay in a 2 room apartment,facilites the same,rooms were clean,towels were old but everything was tolerable and the whole thing cud still withstand the tocher of holding in all without falling apart miserably...firstly,we were a tad bit dissapointed that the resort had moved the furniture away from the lobby,this was out usual hangout area for late night drinks and snacks...

almost all furniture,benches,seats and everything in PD has been removed,so you end up walking or standing or sitting on the beach which is littered with broken bottles etc...

..the beach was the same,the sea of course polluted to a green grey and yet after all this years,the filthy drains and sewage were still being discharged directly into the sea....most hotels which flourished bankrupted...some decayed abandoned ones were being revived with new hope...Tanjung Tuan is still thriving due to team building packages and trainings there....

...the town is thriving and theres a new extension and new block with bars and pubs where the sea has been claimed,Billion supermarket had an awesome sale,apart from a yellow comforter set by "lilo and tomato" with a yellow cow on it saying am "too cute" nothing else seemed to interest me more.Of course there are some kiosks in Billion selling semi precious stones that were going for a bargain that got my attention and i bought myself and sis some lucky jadeite charms...

..we had dinner at the 12th mile chinese seafood restaurant,and some satay which was pretty good...but stay away from "lala" clams or any shellfish that thrives on feeding on the sewage at the sea...my sister warned me of food poisoning and i did come down with it...all in all regretted this trip,shud have just stayed back home in KL...to make matters worst the only thing that interested me the comforter set with the silly cow and it got sold off!! with nothing much to do,drove back in dad's car with sis and her fren back to KL...thank god for that!!

Room Tip: most rooms are okie and well kept.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The room faces the beach that is the only good thing - else rooms are old and dirty - if you are without a vehicle you are stuck there with no transport - very few restaurants around - only Ostrich park is worth while in the town - avoidable holiday destination

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to re-visit Bayu Beach Resort, our first stay was back in 2008, and we enjoyed our stay there.

With a pretty competitive rate of above RM200 for the studio room, the hotel does not have much to offer. The pool and the beach was the only things that scored points on my list.

Although the room was very spacious, it was very worn out, the sheets were not clean, and the furniture inside were all tired looking. I was willing to compromise with the condition of the room, but when the air condition started to drip and tiny pieces of ice fell out from the aircon, we actually broke out into laughter. So when we woke up in the morning, we had a wet floor and a well-soaked floor mat.

Breakfast for 2 was included in the room rate, and it was a simple fare of continental and Asian food, no complaints on that. After another walk on the beach, we checked out, and I don't think I will be returning to this hotel anytime soon - unless I hear of a refurbishment. :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I like this resort very much because it give superb excellent vacation to me and my hubby.. =).. i found that the beach are so beautiful and yet very fascinating view.. We spent 2 day 1 night in here, so i felt very dissapointed because the next week,me and my hubby have to go to work.. But i will came back in here... maybe soon.. Thanks because fulfill my dream =)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
kl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I would like thank Azie-Receptions at Bayu Beach Resort for her excellent service granted to my family. For the management of Bayu Beach Resort u have a hardworking staff who give her best door service to the customer. My family decided to come again to this resort again in future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bayu Beach Resort Port Dickson? Share your experiences!