“Good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avillion Admiral Cove

Save Saved
You added Avillion Admiral Cove to your Saves list
Avillion Admiral Cove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5 1/2 Mile, Jalan Pantai | Negeri Sembilan, Port Dickson 71050, Malaysia   |
Ranked #6 of 33 hotels in Port Dickson
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We went there as a whole family. Didn't set high expectations of the place as it was peak season and read some bad reviews and it's PD.
However, I was pleasantly surprised that they had a baby cot ready for us in the room. They have an extra sofa for people with bigger children to sleep on. A kitchen style sink which was convenient for families that feed kids in the room as you don't need to rely on the bathroom sink for food preparation.
The view was nice too with yachts parked under the blues skies and bright sun. Scenic! sunset was beautiful too.
Don't have high expectation on the breakfast spread though as it was average. What mattered to me is that they had the egg station. Other than that, it's very limited and we were eating in a huge tent as the main restaurant was too full.

Room Tip: Definitely the higher rooms. Avoid the ones that are the same level as the lobby. You'll be irri...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent visit to Avillion Admiral Cove and the fantastic comments. It appear to us that we've matched up to your expectations graciously. We share notes like yours with our team and they make a big impression. We thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,

380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Location and hotel amenities were excellent. My friends and I held a school reunion earlier in mid-month before I returned with my partner for another break at month's end. Surely the place must be good if we keep going back... One of the better seaside hotels in Port Dickson. A small letdown was the buffet breakfast for my second time at the hotel...a little spartan.

Room Tip: As always with this type of location, ask for sea-view!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We are humbled by your generous comments and are extremely grateful for your loyal patronage of Avillion Admiral Cove. It gave us great pleasure to know you had a delightful visit with us. We are honored to be your preferred hotel in Port Dickson and we hope to have several more opportunities to impress you in the future!

With regards,
Management of Avilion Admiral Cove
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just came back from this hotel for a short break today. Disappointed somewhat with the service, room is big but bed sheet is kind of stained...,no extra towel and pillow which is way too soft for me. Pool is nice but the photo always gave u an impression that is big but in actual fact, just average. Worst of all, is during breakfast. Seems that there really dunno how to manage that during peak season, reached there around 9.30 am and there ard oredi 30 pax waiting outside...,no table and dunno need to wait till when. Approach the manager on duty but no prompt action taken... End up drive all the way to town for breakfast.. Came back n ask them for an answer n reply... They just no response till check out.... Make ur own decision whether u want to stay there

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Reviewer,

At Avillion Admiral Cove, we are dedicated in providing all of our valued guests with a memorable experience that exceeds their expectations; and it is very disappointing when we fail to accomplish this.

We are grateful that you took the time to share your critique. Your feedback will help us to improve upon our services and ensure these occurrences are not repeated.

I truly regret that we are unable to go back and change the circumstances, however, we remain hopeful you will return so that we may be able to provide you with the experience you were anticipating.

We hope to hear from you in the near future. With regards.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My name is danial/erwan, i am writing this review from the hotel room on my 2 days 1 night trip alone here in the room no 1715. To start up i arrive early from the check in time, 12.30 because i had call the hotel asking whether it is possible for me to check in early. The receptionist on that particular time in the phone is very helpful because she had answer my question in a good manner. I take the risk to come early and approach the reception area. The receptionist on that particular time is nice and polite but im feel a bit disappointed when she need to mention to me that its is good enough for me to get the room ready by 1.30 cause the hotel check in time is 3.00 pm(sarcastic way). She ask me to wait in the lobby for and they will entertain me when the room is ready. After few minutes waiting one by one all the coustemer that waiting with me got their room and they all been served by the staff great without having to walk all the way to the reception. Lucky them. After waiting for 1 hour and the lobby itself is empty from customer i hope the receptionist will approach me and bring me the key as they do to other customer, my hope is not bless by god may be cause i need to walk back to the receptions and ask whether my room is ready or not. What is shocking is the receptions ask me am i already registered with them. Seriously i would say im to small or am i invisible to them till they can forget me. After further discussion with the receptionist and after waiting another five minutes waiting for the receptionist to find my key i got it. At last i can have my room.
Next when i open up the room everything look good and i would say its nice but it last few second only. Switch on the aircond i just realise that my aircond is naked. My aircond have no swing part. Plus one of the lamp is not functioning and the tv itself dosnt receive any tv channel. I call the receptionist to complain about this and 15 minutes later the maintenance guy arrived. From my 3 complaint only one he repaired that is TV problem.
Continue on my day in the room i realise that few switch in the room is not functioning and i could see few wire drop down from the socket. Next, i call the receptionist regarding the internet, they advertise that the room have high speed broadband connection but to be honest 1mbps is not that hight speed nowadays. Plus you need to go back to reception area fill a simple receipt form and pay RM10 for the cable. (its not wifi based, you need to use Lan to connect) Plug to my computer first problem occur, the wire is not functioning cause my pc cannot detect the Ethernet network. I call the reception again in order to get some help, believe it or not they ask me to wait for 15 minutes for the person to come and help me but thanks to god they never come at all and what i need to do is do it by my self in order to use not so hight speed broadband.(thank to the hotel give this as free)
At 6 pm i call the housekeeping to ask for ash tray, the person seem very confused and i would say did not understand or know what is ash tray. But she still give me a good answer that is they will send it to my room. After few minutes the person from the housekeeping call me back saying that they did not have any ashtray left for me. I could say anything more and have to use the glass as my ashtray.
To continue on my day, i went to the hotel bar to have dinner. My first impression is the bar is dull and need a renovation. Second please improve the staff service because when i seated at the table no bodies come to me for menu or order. Then i changed my place to the bar counter.Sitting beside me is White Man. Can you believe the staff give the menu to the White man and again neglect me as like i invisible. Thus i just walk out the bar and went back to my room with very disappointed filling.
Hope tomorrow breakfast is better and the check out is not as horrible as my check in experience.
To the staff is say i look like a person that doesn't have much money but please respect me as human not as like soul that people cant see.

THE GOOD SIDE,
POOL IS NICE, Parking is ample, View is beauty. No outside noise. good toiletries and the basic, helpful concierge, good security service

The not so good side,
Wardrobe without light, pamphlet with stain, no wifi, table is shaky, and all the comment above.

Room Tip: Ask for Marina view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer,

We strive hard to meet the needs and expectations of all our appreciated guests and are disappointed when fell short in doing so. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had encountered. Please be assured that the issues you experienced are not representative nor in keeping with the level of service that we wish to provide. Your observations have allowed us to review our standards, and concentrate on addressing the shortcomings with our operations team to guarantee that this does not happen again.

In an effort to regain your confidence, please drop me a line at prakash@rpb.com.my, I'll personally take care of your pre-arrival arrangements on your next visit.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with necessary feedback.

Management of Avillion Admiral Cove.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went for a short 2D1N stay at Avillion Admiral Cove during the recent Ramadhan month, sometime in July 2013, as they had a 20% discount promotion so it was perfect. I've never been to Avillion Admiral Cove before so I didn't really know what to expect.
We arrived early around 1:00 PM and to our surprise we were allowed to check in! The lobby itself, although not air conditioned, wasn't that hot as there were plenty of ceiling fans blowing about and it's a beach getaway anyway, so what's a little heat? hehe...the lobby was very nicely decorated, has sort of a British Colonial feel to it.
We took the Superior Room and it was really spacious! The bed area can be covered with the sliding doors provided so you can get maximum privacy if you want. Air con is cold enough and they have this cute ceiling fan with stubby blades right above the bed, so no issues about temperature there. The beds are really comfortable, I think possible one of the best beds i've ever slept in a hotel/resort.
Moving on we explored the resort, and I can safely say the nicest looking place would probably be the pool. The pool area is beautiful and they have these really comfortable beach chairs for you to lie on and just laze under the sun. Strange thing was the pool wasn't lighted at night though during my stay there. It would've been even more beautiful if it was.
There are plenty of activities for you to do here. They have archery, KMX Bike riding, beach soccer, cycling, and a whole bunch of others I can't remember (you can check it out on their website), and they even have Flying Fox and stuff like that under their 'Tough Nation'. Maybe I should give that a try next time but there wasn't enough time for us this time round. Cycling in the resort premises is so relaxing, as the environment is so quiet and peaceful. They even have a private beach nearby which is pretty clean compared to the public beaches outside in Port Dickson. Breakfast was mediocre but decent enough.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and we shall definitely be coming back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Reviewer...

Thank you for speaking so highly of our serviced and the quality of experience we offered to our guests, we are completely honored to receive such a positive feedback and read that your visit to Avillion Admiral Cove,PD was enjoyable overall. We always try to impress our guests with our service from heart, the serenity of the environment and ongoing activities as you've mentioned.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,
Muar, Johor, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

A nice place for family. Strategic location. A hotel with it own private beach. Nice and polite staff, everything is awesome. Worth the money.

This is the place for me and my family. Kids love the pool. Mommy love the daybed. Make sure you choose the exec room because you will have the awesome scenery from the room :)

• Stayed February 2013
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for this brief, detailed and awesome review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great services and product we have to offer. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments. We are looking forward to your visit soon.

Warm regards,
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good:
The room was spacious, as shown in the professional photos. Bed was good for sleep. You could open the balcony doors and have fresh air if you wish. Very nice to relax by the balcony and read a book, enjoy the sea views. One could also hear the kids below at the pool having a great time. Gym was decent, without much machines, but hey, who's at a beach resort to use gym all the time?

The beach next to the resort also offered quite a few water activities, including the banana boat rides, jet skis. There are also tennis courts available for you to play tennis. There is also ample space available around the resort if you're keen to go running.

Food was ok, reasonably good.

Bad:
The bathroom shower had leaks, resulting in the floor mat being wet all the time. The tv was also placed at an odd position, so if you're trying to watch tv from your bed, it isn't the most ideal location to be in. The best position to watch tv would be on the sofa actually.

We couldn't really figure out what's with the additional partitions within the room, which was another strange feature in the room.

Room Tip: Request for one with sea view!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for being our guests and for taking a few moments to write a review on us.
We really appreciate your feedback and take great pride in our property and guest services.
Please be rest assured that all our staffs will be made aware of your mention. We are looking forward to serve you again should you have the opportunity to return to our shores.

Been to Avillion Admiral Cove? Share your experiences!