“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avillion Admiral Cove

Save Saved
You added Avillion Admiral Cove to your Saves list
Avillion Admiral Cove
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5 1/2 Mile, Jalan Pantai | Negeri Sembilan, Port Dickson 71050, Malaysia   |
Special Offer
Flying Fox Thrill
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Port Dickson
kuala lumpur
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed here for a 2 day 1 night stay. Booking was done through Agoda. My parents for 3 days. I have to start by congratulating the front desk. Their service was excellent. I got to the hotel sometime around 11pm on Friday and checked in as an additional guest (we had only booked the 2-person suite for the night). Reservation took less than 5 mins. I paid around RM58 for additional toiletries, towel, 1 breakfast buffet, blanket and a pillow. All of these items were promptly delivered to our room, with a smile no less. One of the staff saw me in the corridor carrying some things and immediately asked if they could assist me. And that is how it went throughout our stay.Everyone at the hotel had a ready smile and were always willing to assist.

The rooms are spacious and clean. The rooms in the Vista Wing appear to be newer and have a nicer decor and furniture than those in the Vista Wing but without the view of the ocean. The only drawback is that the mini bar is empty.

The breakfast buffet was quite tasty - cereal, nasi lemak, porridge, noodles, fruits, juice, coffee and tea. The dinner buffet was also rather good. During Chinese New Year it was RM88 per pax but the normal price is around RM48++ per pax (my parents info)

The beach is a short 5 mins walk. As a local from Seremban, I can attest to the fact that the beaches in PD are in a sorry state. If you are looking for a sun and surf holiday you should lok towards the islands- pangkor, perhentian etc. Having said that the beach near Avillion Cove is probably the best PD beach I have been to. The beach itself is relatively clean and the water is pretty clean and clear that hey you can actually wade into the ocean without worrying that you are going to step into rubbish, sharp rocks, pipes, gooey black sand etc.

Activities wise they have a small bicycle path and bicycles that you can rent & archery (though I never tried any of these). But what I am dying to talk about is the sailing. For RM135 per person (min 2 persons and max 5) you get to go sailing for 2 hours. Its run by this great couple who will accompany you. There are 2 time slots (10.30 am - 12.30pm or 5.30pm - 7.30pm) Go for the latter as you get to see the sun setting. We did this and it was absolutely amazing. We saw fishes (ikan parang) actualy jumping on the water as it streaked by. Can you imagine that in PD? Snacks are provided (apples, nachos, chicken slice sandwiches, mineral water). To book just dial 5 on yr room phone or pop over to the counter (its in the next buiding and right in front of the business office) and make reservations. You need to make reservations early in the day. We booked our 5.30pm trip on the same morning at about 10am.

Cheking out was a similar story, no fuss no hassle, this despite the fact that they were loads of people checking in for the new year break.

All in all it was a wholly unexpected treat. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at the Avillion Admiral Cove. We can't express how grateful we are when guests of ours take the time out of their busy schedule to write such a detailed review about their experience.

We strive to continuously improve and make every effort to provide each guest with a unique and memorable stay. Knowing that your visit with us was a wonderful experience, it simply brings smiles to all our faces. I will be sure to pass on you comments to our deserving Team members.

Should your holiday plan bring you back to the PD shores, please think of the Avillion Admiral Cove. We would love to have you back with us.

Best Regards,

Management of Avillion Admiral Cove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

There is no other better way to observe how good a hotel really is then to check in during a super peak period...

Stayed at Avillion Admiral Cove during Chinese New Year for 4 days 3 nights from 9th Feb till 12th Feb 2013. I started to experience the warm hospitality from the moment I drove thru the security guard house at the entrance where you will notice the guard will be the first to greet you with his hand close to his chest, a common gesture of welcoming you the Malaysian style. The concierge is extremely helpful with our luggage, needless to say that the Front Desk personnel was always cheerful and helpful, credit goes to Cik Dalilah, the Front Desk personnel who got our key card ready with a smile despite facing high occupancy and extreme situations handling back to back FITs and groups checking in and out.

Stayed at Executive Studio in Vista Wing, I was amazed the moment I stepped into the room, not only that I was amazed with the size of the room overlooking the marina, I was over joyed by the day bed and the big bathroom that comes with it. The kitchen cabinet that comes together with the huge sink is distinctly useful and it's one of its kind and, you ain't gonna get it elsewhere.

Had my breakfasts 3 days consecutively where as if it appears to be that breakfast at the coffee house had turned into a wedding function when all guests were rushing to the buffet counter and had it simultaneously however, the staffs were excellent in ensuring that the guests were seated and had their meals. Food was good, perhaps need a lil more variety, re-filling time interval was fast, all in all, you couldn't ask more in a situation of a super peak period.

All in all I have to admit that it was a very pleasant holiday for me and my family, The room, the bathroom, the sink, the food, the staff all in one is a great signature of Avillion Admiral Cove, my credit goes to En. Fadzly of KL Sales Office, Cik Dalilah at Front Desk, Mr. Deepak at the Concierge and the whole ADC crew, you all made my day. To the GM, you did a good job in having a good property and staffs that comes with it.

Would I come again, hell yes...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your observations from your experience. It is our goal to make sure each guest receives our highest level of service and feels appreciated, cared for and respected at every encounter, so we truly delighted for knowing that you've had enjoyed our warm hospitality then. Be rest assured that your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read and serves as a tonic for we Hoteliers.

I will most certainly pass on your praise and gratitude to our dedicated team members at the hotel, where no doubt they will be further inspired by your kind comments. Once again I am thankful for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,
Klang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Writing from the reception seating area, great staff treatment and the morning buffet was simply wonderful. Room is superb and will definately come again.

Have been to many hotels locally, Avillion Admiral Cove is definaltely one of the best.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write great review about your experience here at the Avillion Admiral Cove. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the aspects of your stay and really appreciate your recommendation being one of the best in the hospitality business.

Being assured that we'll continue to be your preferred holiday destination, we look forward to see you when your travels bring you back to Port Dickson. Just know that you will always have us as 'home away from home" when you visit us soon.

Best Regards,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

- Travel group: 9 adults and 5 children.
- 2 Days 1 Night trip booked online through Asiarooms.com.
- The front desk is superb. They are fast and servers you with a smile.
- The rooms are spacious. I've booked the Superior Twin Room and we can fit in 3 adults and kids. In the room, they have a kitchen cabinet with a big sink at the living rooms which i find it very useful (Especially i have kids) and a 2-seater sofa (which can sleep one person ~~wink).
- Their breakfast is normal local food.
- The housekeeping is very efficient and good. The room and toilet is clean, they provide me with 2 bath towel only. But you can request floor-mat, hand towel with easily.
- They have a private beach just next to the hotel ground. About 5 mins walk.
- The location is good (accessible with car). Easy to reach if from Kuala Lumpur, took the Seremban - Port Dickson highway and exit at the Kampung Teluk Kemang.

Cons: The rooms are a bit old, you can feel the humid and smell the mold and damp. Once enter the room open all the windows and let the fresh air in, then it should be ok. You also can notice some baby cockroaches in the bathrooms too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights from your recent stay at Avillion Admiral Cove.
It is truly rewarding for the team to realize that their efficient and sincere services have indeed made your experience worthwhile. We are indeed dedicated in delivering the exemplary service that all our valued guests deserve.

By the way, we've reinforced your feedback with our Contractual Pest Control Company for further improvement despite having a scheduled pest prevention program for the entire building.

Once again, thank you for your review of the hotel and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stay for 3 days 2 pm in December 2012 that past. What want me say is as customer that new was service given unequal as our experience lodge at hotel in Kuala Lumpur. My meaning from service part front office or front desk. Kind of chaos and not professional.
However from all aspects, all satisfy especially treatment from security that grin from ear to ear welcome us come and go. But nevertheless we will come again here reason my husband like with the atmosphere that peaceful peaceful. Not wrong if we learn from mistake and observe full service smile given by your security section that care forward entry point that wholeheartedly grin from ear to ear welcome us. Congratulation do security. Not manage to ask name, but healthy body thin a foreign worker high

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking time to write a review of us. Avillion Admiral Cove always strives to excel especially when it comes to providing service to our guests. Please allow me to apologise for the service shortfall at the Front Office during your arrival. We will definitely be working harder to deliver the best for our guests. Relatively we appreciate your positive feedback on our Security Team members.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Kind regards,
Management of Avillion Admiral Cove.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Pros: Beautiful swimming pool, nice and spacious rooms, friendly staff, beautiful pier

Cons: no beach, closest beach is about 100-200 m walk but is leaves a lot to be desired, breakfast buffet had limited selections

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for reviewing Avillion Admiral Cove. We truly appreciate your kind compliments of the hotel and our service. It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward in extending the Avillion hospitality experience to you again when you are in Port Dickson sometime soon.

Yours sincerely,
Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Have been to Admiral Cove a few times already but this is the first time I'd write something about it. Saw some of the bad reviews earlier, won't comment too much on it but generally I think I had a good night stay in the hotel. I have been to PD numerous times and stayed in many hotels. Overall, Admiral Cove has not disappoint me. Of course, there are plenty of room to improve.
The Marina is quite a great sight and a lovely place to hang around the surrounding. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. No complains in that respect. When I booked through the phone, the staff was very efficient and got me my room on the required date. Checking in was quite smooth. However, experienced checking out on peak season and can take quite a long time. Saw some complaints about the beach being dirty etc which made me think, which beach in PD do you expect to have the standard of Pulau Tioman/ Redang? I think they used to have that 50 years ago but not anymore.
Breakfast was really so-so. Food quality to variety and seen many others who fared much better than Avillion. Sailor Bar (I think) is a great place to hang out for drinks in the evening but sometimes I think the service quality is greater if you are a foreigner. I think they pay extra 10%?
The location of the resort is quite good contrary to some other who thought otherwise. I think they need to change their GPS. Straight from the highway, turn right at the roundabout, 200m and you are there. Opposite is the PD Golf Course for those keen in 18 holes.
Overall, I would still stay in Admiral Cove in future. I supposed there are other better hotels with chalets on the sea but I believe those come with a higher price tag.
The hotel should check in the quality of the bathroom utilities. Many are broken and it is a shame sight to see.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AACPORTDICKSON, Manager at Avillion Admiral Cove, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We cannot thank you enough for your kind comments and will be sure to share your comment with our hotel team. We hope you will return should your travels bring you back to our shore. It is a indeed such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. The entire team at the Avillion Admiral Cove look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Management of Avillion Admiral Cove

Been to Avillion Admiral Cove? Share your experiences!