“Peaceful beach resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Nosy Boraha
Red Bluff, California, United States
“Peaceful beach resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This resort is not a bed and breakfast in the traditional sense! 8 bungalows and one larger "villa" located on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. You have a choice of meal plans, with each of the units having kitchen facilities - but you will need to plan your food purchases before you arrive at the resort as it is about an hour from town. Developed and operated by Italian Maurice and French Helene, you will be pampered if you choose, or left to your own devices if that is your wish. We had all of our meals prepared at the restaurant. Maurice is very proud of his Italian Pasta dishes (for good reason), and Helene makes great deserts. We stayed in the family "Villa: with three bedrooms and right above the beach. We were brought a wonderful picnic on the beach, and hiked to a local village. You will come as guests, but leave as friends. Maurice and Helene can arrange excursions for you, horseback on the beach, whale watching, etc. You will be met at the airport, you can stop in the town for ATM access and there is a duty free store for those of you interested in great french wines. All and all a wonderful place to relax. Bring your snackfoods with you. The photo is from our "villa"

Room Tip: All of the bungalows overlook the beach.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I came across Riake Resort and Villa when looking up hotels in Ile Sainte Marie, and was immediately drawn by its beautiful photos and location. My expectations were exceeded by far- it is a beautiful, natural, and peaceful place, run by lovely people who take care of your every need. Each bungalow looks out on a peaceful white sand beach, and at night you are lulled to sleep by the sound of the ocean. I have never seen so many stars at night as I did there, it was honestly breathtaking.

Meals are served either at your own private table on the beach, or in the resort's restaurant. The food is delicious- fresh local fruit, homemade bread and crepes, pasta, local seafood, and much more. Very high quality and lovely service.

The resort offers a number of activities- horsebackriding, snorkeling, trips to other nearby islands, hikes, tours through the mongroves in a typical "pirogue" boat, quad (ATV), and more. I traveled there solo and was not bored for one second. Also for families it is perfect, and also couples as it is very romantic and serene. I originally planned to stay for 6 days and ended up extending my stay for 3 more days because I had such a nice time. I won't forget my stay there, and hope to be able to return one day.

Please see my photos because they speak a thousand words...

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I made a half day trip to Riake Resort for Horse riding. The owner picked me up from hotel Libertalia near center (the place is quite far away from the center, maybe an half hour ride). The place is really beautiful and I was so impressed that the owner had built and designed everything by himself. The beach is huge and peaceful, it's an only hotel in the area! Owner's partner Helene is a wonderful person and kept me company as I was traveling alone. We made a horse riding trip to the beach. It was my first time riding the horse, and everything went well and I felt secured. The lunch (home made gnocchis) was so good and tasteful, I think a best meal I had in Madagascar, although the price was a bit high for a student.
I recommend this place with all my heart and I hope I can return there some day.

Room Tip: All rooms looked amazing and peaceful.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Riake Resort & Villa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Riake Resort & Villa

Address: Sahasifotra, Nosy Boraha 515, Madagascar
Location: Madagascar > Toamasina Province > Nosy Boraha
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites
#1 On the Beach Hotel in Nosy Boraha
Located in the North-East of Sainte-Marie (Madagascar), you will receive a warm welcome at the Riake Resort & Villa. You can find at the heart of an overwhelming natural beauty, overlooking a magnificent, white-sandy beach. The Riake Resort and Villa combines nature, comfort and luxury and was built in harmony with the local environment. At the Riake Resort & Villa, you will be able to enjoy the most pleasant climate on the island. A constant slight breeze maintains pleasant temperature all year long, and keeps the mosquitoes at bay.The Riake Resort & Villa opened in August 2011 and is the perfect place to relax, enjoy open air activities and immerse you in local traditions and customs. Welcome to the Riake Resort & Villa, a taste of paradise for you to discover ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Riake Resort & Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Riake Resort & Villa Madagascar/Nosy Boraha

If you own or manage Riake Resort & Villa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.