“Quiet setting” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Nosy Boraha B&B and Inns
California
“Quiet setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I only stayed at this hotel for one night and wish I could have stayed longer. My cabin was beautifully decorated with fresh flowers and bright colors. I sat in the pool area and enjoyed a beautiful view of the ocean and sunset. A warning - you have to pay for AC in the room. The restaurant food was good and staff very pleasant. I did not have any problems with the French manager, in fact I thought she was very patient with me every time her husband had to call her to translate my questions. Additionally, the manager and her husband moved pool chairs and a table for me so that I could be comfortable viewing the sunset. I gave this hotel a 4 because I did not experience anything negative while I was there and the view of the ocean was so fantastic.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Lovely hotel with nice rooms and good location. Beach not swimmable though. The manager which is a French woman has a major attitude problem and needs to learn quite a bit about customer service and basic human interaction. We were a group of 10 people and one of us asked if he could put a bottle of wine in the fridge (none in rooms). She refused and said she can't do this for everyone that comes along. Our friend then asked again and said for just once it would be great as he and his wife will be around on the island for a few days and would consider staying in this hotel, but may not want to always have hotel food. The manager raised her voice and basically told him not to threaten her and that he is free to leave whenever he wants, noone is holding him there. This happened in front of everyone staying at the hotel! Another incident involved my friend and I. When we checked in, they gave us a room with only 1 queen bed. We went down to say that there was a problem and she told us that we should "make it work". There have been other incidents as well. All the other staff are very nice, friendly and accommodating but everyone seems to fear the manager Too bad as the place is really nice, but her attitude has ruined the whole atmosphere. Many other much better options on the island!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Vanivola? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Vanivola

Address: Mahavelou, Nosy Boraha, Madagascar
Location: Madagascar > Toamasina Province > Nosy Boraha
Bar / Lounge Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
Ranked #4 of 9 B&Bs / Inns in Nosy Boraha
Hotel Class:2 star — Vanivola 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Vanivola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Vanivola Madagascar/Nosy Boraha

If you own or manage Vanivola, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.