This is a quite big lodge, a bit too big for our taste, we like the smaller ones better. But the standard of the cottages is great and the service is OK+. The pool area is nice. The food (buffet style) was really good, there was something for everyone. They also have a spa but we never used it.
However, small things made us give it only a "4" rating. You are not allowed to bring water to the restaurant. In a country where it is important to drink a lot of water and where you always have at least one bottle in your backpack, I don't understand why you shouldn't be allowed to open that bottle and drink it together with your meals, most people buy sodas, beer or wine anyway.
And then the wifi - the lodge has one login (username + password) for all guests, which means that in the evening when everyone is using it, some people get the message "The maximum number of concurrent users for this account has been reached". And why have a login at all? It's not like there's another lodge nearby and their guests can use this wifi without paying… http://www.flickr.com/photos/videren/9036484654/
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Lion Hill Game Hotel
- Sarova Lion Hill Game Hotel Lake Nakuru National Park
- Sarova Lion Hill Hotel
- Hotel Sarova Lion Hill
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge is nestled along the Lion Hill overlooking the spectacular flamingo pink rimmed Lake Nakuru. Its location affords panoramic views of the Lake and the picturesque Lake Nakuru National Park. A short two hour drive from Nairobi, Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge is a favourite with residents and visitors to Kenya.Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge is cleverly laid out such that most rooms and sitting areas afford stunning views of the Lake and the Park. The Lodge incorporates natural landscaping with tall acacia trees, winding walkways and greens dotted with bird feeds. The Lodge is a natural haven for bird life and attracts over 50 species of birds amongst the 400 species that inhabit the Park.Lake Nakuru National Park was created in 1968 to protect the huge flocks of over a million the lesser flamingo that breed and nest at the edge of Lake Nakuru, giving it the characteristic pink rim. Lake Nakuru National Park located at an altitude of 4,000-5,767 feet above sea level, covers 188 square kilometers of land of great ecological diversity - from lake water, woodland, bush grassland, to rocky ridges. The park is home to not just the lesser flamingo but over 400 species of birds and one of the few places to see the endangered white rhino. Other wildlife at the park includes lions, leopards, zebra, gazelles, eland, giraffe and the hyrax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Venere, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.