Well located within the Lake Nakuru NP, the Sarova Lion Hill suffers the consequences of being situated relatively near Nairobi, therefore overrun with day visitors and conference groups.
I had emailed the reservation desk and asked for a 'good' room, not knowing what to expect. We were allotted Room #22, next to which is a Suite, the last room. So we probably got one of the best non-Suite rooms, far from the busy main block, The room overlooks the garden and Lake which seems to be only a stones throw away. The ceiling to floor mosquito net is spread out in the evening. The bathroom area is huge, as large as the room, perhaps larger.
The restaurant suddenly turns peaceful as soon as the conference groups head back to their meeting rooms, so it would be useful to time your lunch accordingly. The buffet spread is vast, with a reasonable choice of Kenyan cuisine, which I was keen on sampling.
Staff and services are very good, in spite of the crowds.
Tip: ignore the 'urban' atmosphere, with busy looking folks pacing up and down yelling into their cell phones, and avoid peak times at the restaurant.
My teenage son and I travelled in April. We did not encounter a single mosquito!
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Lion Hill Game Hotel
- Sarova Lion Hill Game Hotel Lake Nakuru National Park
- Sarova Lion Hill Hotel
- Hotel Sarova Lion Hill
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge is nestled along the Lion Hill overlooking the spectacular flamingo pink rimmed Lake Nakuru. Its location affords panoramic views of the Lake and the picturesque Lake Nakuru National Park. A short two hour drive from Nairobi, Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge is a favourite with residents and visitors to Kenya.Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge is cleverly laid out such that most rooms and sitting areas afford stunning views of the Lake and the Park. The Lodge incorporates natural landscaping with tall acacia trees, winding walkways and greens dotted with bird feeds. The Lodge is a natural haven for bird life and attracts over 50 species of birds amongst the 400 species that inhabit the Park.Lake Nakuru National Park was created in 1968 to protect the huge flocks of over a million the lesser flamingo that breed and nest at the edge of Lake Nakuru, giving it the characteristic pink rim. Lake Nakuru National Park located at an altitude of 4,000-5,767 feet above sea level, covers 188 square kilometers of land of great ecological diversity - from lake water, woodland, bush grassland, to rocky ridges. The park is home to not just the lesser flamingo but over 400 species of birds and one of the few places to see the endangered white rhino. Other wildlife at the park includes lions, leopards, zebra, gazelles, eland, giraffe and the hyrax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Venere, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.