“A beautiful sanctuary in a stunning location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bait Ali

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wadi Rum
Bait Ali
2.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Wadi Rum, Jordan   |
Ranked #46 of 100 Specialty lodging in Wadi Rum
Auburn, California
“A beautiful sanctuary in a stunning location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The staff at Bait Ali Camp are what makes it stand out above the rest. I arrived there on my motorcycle after a harrowing experience and immediately felt at home. A warm fire and the wise advice of Rema helped me begin a healing process after a very difficult period in my life. I will always treasure the experience I had there, the warm hospitality, the great food, the comfortable chalets and the serenity. If your mind is troubled or your heart is broken, go there and you will find peace and love.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Contrary to many reviews here, this place has exceeded our expectations. The camp offers many kinds of accommodation ranging from tents to VIP suites. Since it was winter, we choose a medium chalet. However when we checked in, we were upgraded to a suite. It was clean and comfortable. Since it was our anniversary, we had champagne on the sunset safari which was a great way to celebrate the event. The service was excellent. The staff were attentive and the food was good. Reema who takes care of the quality control took care of all our needs.
While it is the most luxurious camp in the desert it does not offer 5 star accommodation. It caters to providing comfort in the desert. The staff do everything possible to ensure a good stay.

Room Tip: Choose one of the rooms instead of tent during winter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The camp is 5-10 minutes away from the entrance to Wadi Rum. It is very modern and clean.
The dinner place is big and can host many people. Although I was the only guest on my night there, the staff was really friendly and nice enough to let me have dinner right in front of the fireplace.
I slept in a tent but I would recommend spending a few extra dinars for a chalet so as to have your own bathroom.
You can climb the mountain behind the camp to watch the sun set. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Take a chalet, it is worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The camp in the desert of Wadi Rum is not a hotel but a different kind of experience. The mud and sand chalets have modern amenities, complete with air conditioner, hot and cold water bath etc. The whole place spread over a big ground is worth experiencing. The dining hall Suitable for large feasts is designed and furnished in old Arabic style, with wood fire place in the centre.
The dinner was excellent, cooked for just two of us, a vegetarian fare prepared in Arabic style.
The management, comprising Yusuf and Reema, was very friendly, going out of way to make our stay most enjoyable.

Room Tip: Prefer a chalet over tent, for a little extra.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Situated in the and dunes of Wadi Rum, Bait Ali Camp comprises several types of accommodation, from individual huts to mud & sand chalets, small to medium to deluxe. While tents are just sleeping beds with bath/toilet facility in a separate tent to be shared among tent residents ( which is inconvenient, specially if one has the habit of visiting toilet in the night), chalets have air conditioners and bathroom-shower with running hot water in each chalet. We had stayed in a medium chalet and we found it very comfy.
The entire campus is spread with a number of tents, chalets, dining hall,, and a few independent places, used for functions and dinner by separate groups. It is quite an exotic site, specially fo people coming from large cities.
Mr. Yousuf, the Manager, and his senior colleague Mrs Reema are wonderful people, very friendly, hospitable and cooperative. We are vegetarian, and Reema ensured that we are served with a good mix of Indian and Arabic vegetarian dinner. Thanks to her and yousuf. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Chalet should be preferred over tents, and the cost is not very much different.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

For my first visit to Wadi Rum I chose Bait Ali for what I heard and read about from friends and reviews.
I went there with a group of my friends, we arrived before sunset and had the chance to climb up the mountain to have a comprehensive look at the dessert and watch the sunset. The view was amazing and although I did not go through all its amenities, the place looked impressive. I saw they have a swimming pool.
Since we were a big group, they arranged for us a private place to set at with a big campfire. The dinner was a buffet of vegetables, small pieces of meat and chicken, and some salads, hummos and other types of appetizers. The food was not bad and food quantity was more than enough. The only thing is that we were promised a "Zarb", a traditional Bedouin way of cooking meat (or chicken) in an underground oven, the meat and chicken we ate were not cooked that way.

This was my first visit to Wadi Rum so I can not make any comparisons with other camps and facilities over there, but I liked the place and would visit it again later.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was our first visit to Wadi Rum and as I am 5 months pregnant and we were travelling with 3 children under 6 we decided to stay in the comforts of the chalets at Bait Ali. We had a double chalet and ensuite shower room - it was basic but clean and comfortable and I would think would be great for people (like ourselves) who in other circumstances might be up for more of an adventure (younger.. fitter etc!) but who really need the reassurance of an ensuite! We stayed on a Thursday night and the place was pretty empty so rather than a buffet they prepared a variety of dishes for our supper including some absolutely delicious chicken and lamb as well as the usual variety of hummus etc. Breakfast the next morning was a buffet and a bit more limited but perfectly fine. As we haven't stayed anywhere else in Wadi Rum we don't have any comparisons as to location but the surrounding area was beautiful and it was only a short drive to the Visitors Centre. We found all the staff to be very welcoming and helpful. On the morning we left we had a good clamber around the rocks around and then a swim in the cold but clean pool. All in all would highly recommend for those who want something a bit different but realistically want to have some comforts.

Room Tip: We stayed in Chalets 6 and 7 - good location close to the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bait Ali? Share your experiences!