The desert camp at Wadi Rum exceeded all my expectations. The camel ride from the main camp to our camp in the late afternoon on our first day was a great introduction, and the hot air ballooning at sunrise on our last day was a breath-taking finale. In between, there was singing and dancing around a camp fire, finger-licking Zarb (Bedouin barbecue - meat and vegetables cooked in a large underground pit), star gazing, 4WD-ing in the desert, painstaking climbing of sand dunes and rock bridges and much sage tea drinking. Our hosts were overwhelmingly hospitable and fun, and the camp was unique and comfortable. I would recommend it without hesitation, and hope one day to return myself with my family and relive the experience.
- Also Known As:
- Captain`s Desert Camp Hotel Wadi Rum
- Captain`s Desert Camp Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Captains Desert Camps Offers more than an option for a pleasant, luxurious & comfortable stay in Wadi Rum. The magical desert of Wadi Rum is a true wonder of nature. You can choose from staying at the main captains camp located In Disi or at one of our echo camps inside the protected area of Wadi Rum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Captain's Desert Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.