“Excellent Desert Guide” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wadi Rum Experts Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wadi Rum
Wadi Rum Experts Camp
You added Wadi Rum Experts Camp to your Saves list
Rum village | Wadi Rum street, Wadi Rum 90900, Jordan   |
Ranked #50 of 107 Specialty Lodging in Wadi Rum
Lewes, United Kingdom
“Excellent Desert Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I cannot recommend Aied highly enough as a Wadi Rum guide. Recently he facilitated a week-long horse trek for me. During that time, he became the connective tissue for my stay. On my first and last nights, he accompanied me to a permanent desert camp (which both times was very comfortable), always ensuring that I was well taken care of. When I was out in the remote desert on my horse trek, Aied would arrive most nights, often with his oud, and I always had a sense that he had an eye out for my happiness and well being. He is a true creature of the desert, that is where his heart is. His knowledge of the land, its flora and fauna, is profound, and he expresses this with great sensitivity and intelligence (I spend a lot of time around academics and Aied could wipe the floor with them). He can also be terribly funny. A man of depth; the kind of person I know I could trust with my life if the chips were down. He made a great trip a moving and unforgettable one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Families
Business
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great adventure, beautiful camels, amazing sunset, gastronomie experience, extremely simpactic bedouines and sleeping with the cleanest sky ever is priceless! I fully suggest to do! :-) Hope to go to Jordan again for living this experience one more time!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stay in This beduins camp recommended by some friends that stayed there before and we where treated like friends, far away from the touristic feeling you can get when you take other trips. reduced groups learning and living the experience of being a beduin if is only for one day and one night, or the time you will like to stay. during the day we visited many thing and in the night the great ambiance of the camp made it magic move. a very tasty barbecue made in traditional ways and all the Jordanian mets you like eating near a fire and seing the lights of the stars. I am telling you to chose this tour, you will produce your next amazing unforgettable memory.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Wonderfull day in the Wadi rum, Great Landscapes.
Mussa and Aied are really very friendly. (and thanks also for the "concert" during the night)
The Night in the desert was very nice too, with very good (and big) "Barbecue", once again perfect.

Thank you again for this lovely day and night in the desert :!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

If you are visiting Jordan, you must go to wadi rum!!
Aied and mussa are two bedouins living in wadi rum. Join them for an amazing trip in the desert! Driving you by jeep you'll discover the best places of wadi rum through incredible landscapes!
They are very welcoming and will explain you the way they live. Do not hesitate to spend a night In their camp, a fantastic place in the middle of nowhere, peaceful and calm. They will cook for you a very good meal, with tea. I slept outside under the stars, it was a fantastic night!!

They really want to show you their desert and the way they live. You'll be far away from the tourist's business!

Living in Jordan I've visited 3 times wadi rum with aied and mussa, don't hesitate to contact them to live an amazing experience you won't regret it!!

Mat

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I spent one day and one night in Aied's camp. It was fantastic, but too short. Next time, I will try to spend 4-5 days to have the time to disconnect totally from the usual life.

Aied is very welcoming, with his cousins that we met, he showed me around in the desert, organized a camel ride for the second morning. The camp is nice and simple (dont expect a 3 star hotel of course), with western toilets, and tap water + shower. We had a great supper, and the night fire and tea were fantastic. The location is just a 10 minutes jeep drive from Wadi Rum village.

I highly recommend Aied, the beduin guide, who is reliable, smiling, and a tremendous host.

I'll come back !

As for my review, it is provided according to the context: it is clean for a desert camp, ...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Wadi Rum Experts Camp? Share your experiences!