“Wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mohammad Mutlak Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wadi Rum
Mohammad Mutlak Camp
You added Mohammad Mutlak Camp to your Saves list
Wadi Rum 00962, Jordan   |
Ranked #18 of 107 Specialty Lodging in Wadi Rum
Williston, Vermont
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This place is simply fantastic. Wadi Rum is absolutely stunning and everyone we met at Mohammed Mutlak Camp was incredibly welcoming. We were led on a great hike to some rocky heights, climbed on top of a sandstone arch, jumped in the dunes, and explored some intricate canyons. Spent the night under the desert stars in the cool, crisp air on provided mattresses. Make sure to bring your best jokes for the camp fire! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Amman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

have been twice to Wadi Rum and always stayed in the M. Mutlak Camp, both times with Ibraheem as a guide. I was quite reluctant at the beginning because I heard many bad experiences from other expats living in Jordan, so i was really surprised when I found out how great this camp.
I love the site! It is located at a point where black, white, yellow and red rocks/sand meet, and this scenery is just perfect for panoramas, or pictures. It is also remote from other camps so no one is around to disturb!!
The food is good, and when you decide to hike around or do the jeep tour, the guides are very helpful and do not do it the fast way. I enjoyed feeling like I had total control of my time and over what I wanted to do.
My family came with me in June and loved it as well very much. I'm plannin to get friends there by october.
The prices are also very honest, if you compare with other camps.
I highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was the second time to come to Wadi Rum as I am staying in Amman and there is no better place if you want to get the polar opposite to the city, peace, tranquillity and genuine hospitality. I chose to stay with a different camp than my first visit and I am extremely happy I chose to do so! The camp was amazing, the communal area was comfortable and clean and at night was a perfect place to star gaze by the fire. We were very lucky as it was the peak of the Perseid Meteor shower and with the complete lack of light pollution we were able to see in 1 minute five shooting stars! That night I slept under the stars and was given a blanket, pillow and mattress so spend all night watching the shooting stars and staying very comfortable.
We also chose to spend a night out in the steppe with our guide Suliman's father who still lives in the traditional Bedouin way, moving with his sheep, goats and camels going where there is food for the animals. I feel this was a truly unique experience; not only seeing a completely different way of life but being treat to some freshly ground coffee with cardamom made in the traditional way, and surprisingly without any sugar!
I will come back to Mohammed Mutlak Camp without hesitation, for my next visit to Wadi Rum when my family come to visit me in Jordan.
Thank you all!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hospitality shown to us by the Bedouin people who run this camp is second to none. Whilst sitting in the communal tents we were provided with hot sugary tea and a traditional dinner was prepared, hot & cold Mezze and Zarb (YUMMY). Hot during the July summer day but wonderfully cool at night, it was a special treat to sleep the night in a little clean and cosy tent. Purpose built facilities included a small kitchen where food was hygienically prepared and the toilets and showers were clean and more than I was expecting. As we watched the most spectacular sun down and listened to the perfect silence of the "middle of nowhere" I can honestly say, I experienced a perfect moment. Best food and place on my Jordanian travelling so far. 10/10. Must do. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same. It does get cool at night in summer but clean linen and blankets are pro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Wadi Rum itself is just amazing and being guest in the mohammad mutlak camp made the best out of it. very friendly warm welcome and professional team. very authentic. did the jeep tour through the desert with a 33 year old(timer!) Toyota Landcruiser - an experience itself :) thank you Suleiman for all the jokes you made and insights you gave to the modern Bedouin life and your country. the camp and tent was very well equipped and clean the area even has a "real" bathroom(!), had excellent food (chicken and veg) cooked in the traditional Bedouin way in a sand-hole. the sunset is unforgettable - must see once in a lifetime!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wadi Rum was an even better place to be than we expected. The area has it all: rocks, sanddunes, crevices, mountains, The colors, forms, patterns are beautiful and never tire to look at. The sunrise, sunset, the stars above, it is nature at its very best. You feel humble and fortunate (that you are able to be there) and very happy. The Mohammed Mutlak Camp is a wonderful place to be: a fine cabin with good beds, great food prepared in a traditional way and with loving care by a very good cook and nice competent guides driving you effortless through the Wadi, preparing hot sweet tea (with freshly picked Thyme) and a warm meal on a simple fire and being amazing - traditional - dancers. Even a trip to the outside-wc in the middle of the very dark night (normally not my cup of tea) is more than bearable (but don't forget a good flashlight) because being so close to nature (starry, starry night) overrules the need of having one's own bathroom. The climbing of the Kachroad with Salem was a wonderful combination of endeavor and relaxing (and beautiful panoramaviews). Also memorable: the rock bridges! On the whole: a very advisable place to be.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Living in Jordan for 4 months, this was my first trip to Wadi Rum. My questions were thoroughly answered before I made my booking. On the first day, we arrived at the camp by camel. This trip was so peaceful just strolling along in the desert while looking at formations and inscriptions. We found the camp to be totally comfortable and clean, and it was also great to relax with so mobile phones ringing. There is an excellent area to view the sunset, and on a full moon night...PERFECT! The food was delicious. On the second day we went off by jeep in the desert and our host was perfectly knowledgable and flexible. I would recommend this camp unreservedly...particularly for the attention to detail given by the hosts.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same I believe
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mohammad Mutlak Camp? Share your experiences!