“Left my heart in Wadi Rum and Rum Oasis Camp!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rum Oasis

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wadi Rum
Rum Oasis
Diseh, Wadi Rum, Jordan   |
Ranked #50 of 100 Specialty lodging in Wadi Rum
California Hot Springs, California
“Left my heart in Wadi Rum and Rum Oasis Camp!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My whole experience at Oasis Camp was fantastic! Very welcoming attitude, clean, tasty food, and fun dancing! Bedding in the tent was very comfortable too. We stayed on 10/12 which was on Friday, I enjoyed Arabian music and dancing so much eventhough I'm an international visitor. We enjoyed music and dancing. Thanks to Raed...Everything was down to earth! in addition, safari jeep ride and beautiful sunset, millions of stars in the quiet desert night sky stole my heart. I must return to Rum Oasis to get my heart back! It was that good!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
wardahalsahra, Owner at Rum Oasis, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Mami I'm so glad you enjoyed the Bedouin pajrty, dancing and music! The most important thing you feel comfortable and happy to join the party. As mentioned before there is often Bedouin Party on Friday nights/Eid where many locals come from Amman - as long as you are aware and go with the experience. I'm just so sorry your photos did not come out of the amazing stars - so of course you have to come back for another photo...and of course for your heart :)

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Best Camp Ever i went to wadi rum and i stayed here for one night in july 21 and it was amazing, very nice staff, super clean camp and great value for the money, I'm definitely visiting again next summer!...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
wardahalsahra, Owner at Rum Oasis, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Wow thanks Ziado! Look forward to seeing you again in the summer ensha'allah...you are most welcome....
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

RUM OASIS was a memorable experience. An incredible location with the rock walls on both sides. They give a sense of protection and respect. You already feel hugged.

The warm welcome with tea and friendly and respectful bedouins. The stroll through Wadi Rum is breathtaking because of the beauty f the place and its history. It also included a visit to another camp (where Lawrence of Arabia was shot) and also getting to know more about its welcoming inhabitants. Returning from the trip we where received with a delicious and generous luncho, everything perfectly prepared. The only negative note is having stayed there only for an afteroon. It is definitely a place to stay at least a night and enjoy the bedouin life style enjoying this charming place, sitting in front of the fire and admiring the stars.

Thanks Rum Oasis, for unforgettable day!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
wardahalsahra, Owner at Rum Oasis, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Hi Angela,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon in Rum Oasis and sunset tour by jeep. Please do visit again and stay to experience a night in a million stars!
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here for one night in April '10. The welcome was friendly and the facilities, while basic, were perfectly adequate. It was a novel experience to sleep in a tent and the bed was comfortable. There is a shower block with showers, sinks and toilets. Food was provided and was plentiful and tasty. What struck me most was the genuine passion for the desert and the desert way-of-life the staff at the camp shared and were eager to share with us. Our guide into the desert by 4X4 was with a genuine Bedouin. He showed us where parts of 'Lawrence of Arabia' were shot, flora and fauna including wild henna, rock formations and wadis and even how Bedouins make soap from a plant we happened upon! We lit a fire and made tea which made for a nice pit-stop and to top it off we got to witness the most stunning sun-set I have ever seen. The guide's authenticity was charming. Later that night after dinner, our host back at the camp took us on a torch-lit walk through the dunes where we all lay down on our backs and just watched the stars and took in the silence. Stars and silence like you've never experienced. Rum Oasis is not the Ritz nor would I want it to be. It's a desert camp and a very fine camp it is too. It's a place to eat, sleep, shower, relax and be welcome - your Bedouin home from home for the duration of your time in the desert. A true desert experience. I couldn't find fault. The prices were very reasonable too from what I recall.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
wardahalsahra, Owner at Rum Oasis, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thankyou Graham for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with others. I am familiar with the guide you had into Wadi Rum and on your recommendations will be prefering him over other guides. Some information for you and other potential visitors, all tours into Wadi Rum desert must be with local Bedouin from Wadi Rum who are authorised by the area. We are able to ask for particular guides, but as my husband and partner in the camp is Bedouin from Wadi Musa (Petra) and does not conduct the tours himself - we rely on your feedback as to the quality and content of these guides and tours. I also like your comment, "this is not the Ritz".....many a traveller has arrived dismayed as to where is the a/c and why is there so much sand.....This said we do try to accomodate some home comforts such as toilets, wash basins, showers, along with beds and carpets in the tents, and availability of electricity via generator. Thanks again and please continue to share your night under the stars.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were looking around Diseh for a place to stay overnight before taking a trip into Wadi Rum Nature Reserve the following day. After checking out a few camps that felt rather bland (many seemed to cater to tour groups rather than individuals), we stumbled across Rum Oasis, a new camp (opened in March 2012).

The owner, Raed, is probably the most warm & welcoming person we met during our time in Jordan - and that's saying a lot! He is also interesting & well-travelled. We LOVED our stay at Rum Oasis, from the comfortable tent to the delicious food to the late-night dancing by firelight/moonlight with local musicians!

To find the camp, follow the road near Diseh that's signed for various camps (eg. Captain's Camp). As you reach the end of the "strip" of camps, you'll see a parking/turning area on the right-hand side of the road. Turn here and it's the last camp before you hit the desert!

Tip for budget travellers: Get up early and head for the Visitor's Center. You're likely to find some travellers fresh off the bus who will join you for a jeep tour - the price is fixed per jeep, so this is a great way to save money if there are only 1-3 people in your current group! If time & budget allows, we also recommend staying in one of the camps within the Nature Reserve area - these are more rustic & have a different character than the camps in Diseh area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
wardahalsahra, Owner at Rum Oasis, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thankyou for your kind words, it's always a pleasure to hear that our guests have enjoyed their time. We hope to welcome you back again and please share your experience with your friends.
Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

We stayed for one night, as part of a 4-day trip put together by Desert Paramours. We were very disappointed in the camp. We arrived a bit before noon. Our host was very friendly, but there were several other people around who just watched us. We sat around for quite a while, swatting flies, until eventually our "guide" for the hike showed up. He didn't speak English and the hike was a disaster. We got back to camp, hoping to book a camel ride, but couldn't find our host anywhere. We sat around in the heat. People were setting up a sound system for a party that night, so it was very loud. The party turned out to be about 80 people. The music was deafening. Since it was a private party, and we were the only ones staying at the camp, we weren't part of what was going on. We tried to go to bed. The guests left by 11, but the music continued blaring for hours. It was impossible to sleep. Finally, around 1, since we were the only paying guests, I went out and asked if it would stop soon. They turned it off about half an hour later, but then there was another hour of breaking down the equipment, driving around, and the generator (which echoes off the rocks and is as loud as the music). In the morning, no sign of our host. We received a very basic breakfast, but no smile or friendly word from anyone.

I am told that this happens only on Friday night. If we had known, and if there had been other friendly tourists there, it could have been fun. As it was, after the aborted hike, it was a definite bummer of a first day, all the more frustrating because this was our only chance to see Wadi Rum which we'd heard so much about. Since we were working someone who put the trip together for us, I hadn't researched other places to stay in Wadi Rum. I've read some of those reviews now, and think there are better places to stay. The next night we stayed in Seven Wonders in Little Petra, which was lovely.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
wardahalsahra, Owner at Rum Oasis, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thankyou Lynn for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Rum Oasis Camp. I'm sorry that it was a let down for you as the Wadi Rum desert is one of the most spectacular sights in Jordan.
For your information, although late, I am sure you will appreciate that the camp is now under new management and new staff. I am aware that the Friday night parties planned for guests from Amman were not welcoming to our international guests and am working on stopping them altogether - at this point we have got them down to just special occasions ie Eid, New Year etc.
I myself being from outside Jordan visited the Wadi Rum desert and stayed in Rum Oasis Camp when noone else was there with just candles and pure silence and 1 million stars....this is what made it for me and this is what I wish to bring back as owner of the camp. I am also tryiing to manage our own bookings rather than going through other companies, this way we can organise reputable guides/drivers/activities to match your personal needs to resources available.
Thankyou again and I hope one day you return to this beautiful country and would be more than happy to assist and welcome you.

Been to Rum Oasis? Share your experiences!