“The Wadi Rum Bedoiun Experience” 5 of 5 stars

You added Bedouin Lifestyle Camp to your Saves list
Bedouin Lifestyle Camp
1.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Rum Village, Wadi Rum, Jordan   |
Ranked #10 of 107 Specialty Lodging in Wadi Rum
“The Wadi Rum Bedoiun Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

A trip of a lifetime. My family of 4 had an excellent experience in the Lifestyle Camp. We enjoyed a night in the Bedoiun camp followed up by a night under the stars. Our kids - age 9 & 7 - enjoyed every minute. Attallah and his crew - our guide Ali - are kind and accommodating. You make the decisions based upon his expert advice- no hard sell or hidden fees. Very upfront. I would recommend you stay with Attallah and our next trip through Wadi Rum will be with them.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I started enquiry to few shortlisted camps, one month ahead of my scheduled stay on 23rd March. Attallah was quick to clarify my email questions about available options for my group of 5 that includes my 2 sons my wife and our friend. Thanking him for his patience. Finaly I selected beidoun lifestyle, which is located inside the wadi rum, unlike the other shortlisted one ,located at Al Diseh
We had a great experience at Bedouin life style! Being able to stay in a comfortable tent with comparatively clean toilet and shower ! They were very practical, and took the needs of everyone including my boys.
We reached the tent after a long drive from Madaba visiting kings highway attractions. Attallah was influential enough to reach us inside the camp through direct entry, just for helping us to reach in time for the dinner gatherings. The welcome drive we received through an open pick up van under stars at this amazing desert camp was fantastic. On the day there were more than 20 other guests mainly from USA and Europe in addition to our group.This is the real desert experience. The food was genuine Bedouin cuisine and their delicious tea will remain on our taste buds . They included in their menu vegan food without garlic, which is of my taste. The staff was extremely friendly, Special to mention guide Ali, driver Hussein etc. They also arranged a car to drop at Aquaba. We used the same car to drop from Aquaba to Petra on next day due to reasonable price
The offered activities were perfect. The landscape is breath taken and the camp also provided tours in the desert which we availed. We did the Jeep tour and then they combined that with a lunch Bedouin. WOW! Our sons aged 10 and 12 said it was their favorite place. We all enjoyed the camp and the experience! The staff were so friendly and welcoming and took our boys rock climbing and sand dune sledging under the pleasant climate. Even my wife enjoyed surfing in the sand dunes and climbed to the top of rock bridge. We could see various colours of granite rock formations and fine sand. Other than beautiful land scaping we could see footprints of history through alameleh and ,anfashieh inscriptions, nabtean temple for goddess Allat etc. .Walking through burrah canyons and siq Khazali canyon was superb. Totally recommended. I would highly recommend this camp to anyone who wants the real Jordanian/Bedouin experience and not a classic 5 star hotel that could be anywhere in the world. Please note, camping inside wadi rum is not recommended for comfort depended people, who are slaves of luxury.

Room Tip: Recomended to check in before 4 PM to enjoy the sunset
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Many thanks to all at the Bedouin Lifestyle camp - we recently stayed one night and had a wonderful experience - the 4 hours jeep tour around Wadi Rum was unforgettable and my 11 year old son especially enjoyed the sandboarding!! - the evening meal was great and the accomodation very good - definitely want to come back again. with many thanks and happy memories.

California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

These guys opened my eyes. I never knew anything about Bedouins before. Now I do. If all Bedouins are like these guys, then they are truly a beautiful people. Hospitality unparalleled. AWESOME food. Breathtaking landscape all around. And neat to know that Wadi Rum means "Valley of Aram", after someone I'd read of in the Bible who lived literally thousands of years ago. I think I will treasure this experience the rest of my days. I thank them for what they are doing in educating us westerners to their beautiful culture and beautiful land. I am no longer as ignorant as I was about Bedouins and Islam, and I am grateful.

Room Tip: Camels are tall and wobbly and take some getting used to. If you want to add a camel ride to your t...
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The camp and the staff are excellent. Had a wonderful time on our camel trek, and then spending time with the staff for a beautiful sunset, delicious dinner, music and dancing, and then good conversation under the stars. The facilities are in great shape, and very comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Attallah is very welcoming and really cares about making sure you have a good experience.
Our guide Allah was great letting us spend as much time as we wanted at each stop and very happy to chat about the bedouin and their customs. We originally planned to sleep under the stars, but liked the camp so much we wanted to stay and there was no problem in changing our minds and Attallah only charged us for what we did.
Would highly recommend for a trip to see the sights of wadi rum and get a feeling for the bedouin way of life.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We travelled as a family (6 adults) and had a full day exploring Wadi Rum and one night in the camp. Attallah runs a fantastic operation and is extremely helpful, hospitable and knowledgable. Him and his team made our day really memorable and enjoyable - from the camel trek through to tea with Bedouins and a great dinner with local music and shisha.

The "tents" are also very cosy and you can escape the cold winter nights (we travelled in Feb). They are also building facilities to allow for hot water and showers which is a real luxury in the desert!

A very trustworthy group who are making a true effort to help tourists enjoy Jordan. I would thoroughly recommend them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bedouin Lifestyle Camp? Share your experiences!