“I left Wadi rum 3hrs after arriving!” 1 of 5 stars

+962795506417
Website
Improve this listing
Kawasaki, Japan
“I left Wadi rum 3hrs after arriving!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I signed up a tour including Meditation camp's full-day jeep tour and accommodation.
Soon after I arrived at Meditation camp office, where the jeep tour starts, an old guy (manager?) told me there's no other guests so I need to pay additional fee. ( original fee 35 JD + additional 70JD)
I can understand his argument, but I could look for another options (eg. Look for other persons to share a tour, even if other camp) if they had informed me of that previous day in advance. And I didn't have such a big money. Also the manager's attitude was VERY RUDE and ARROGANT!! He also told me to walk around and find another guest to share if I wouldn't like to pay.
I got MAD and I tried to find another guest (of course for OTHER camp) at the visitor center (took TAXI to there), but I couldn't. Finally I canceled tour and left Wadi Rum with 3hrs stay.

There might be very good experience there according to other guest's review, but it was So Terrible experience for me. I wasted all day that day.

Prague, Czech Republic
“Highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a place on Earth! Wadi Rum was definitely the place we fell in love with during our trip to Jordan and Israel!
We were welcomed by Mohamed Zidane and his brother, both very nice and friendly people, very relaxed and fun. We couldn't believe the beauty of their camp when we arrived in the middle of the dessert - orange sand, sandstone mountains, amazing sunset. We loved the pieceful atmosphere, good food and especially the fact that we could take our beds out of the tents and sleep under magical stars shining so bright!
This camp is a must do, it's way better than the nearby touristic Petra. The staff are so nice to everybody, they really do their best to make you happy.

Thank you so much, guys, we loved the time with you. Your two French guys + two Czech girls:)

Visited August 2013
Krakow, Poland
6 attraction reviews
“Hotel under a million stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Every time when I'm in Jordan I'm trying to come back to Zidane's camp. I'm travelling a lot but Wadi Rum stole my heart, it is something absolutely unique. Spending night there is amazing experience. I will never forget silence and shooting stars over the camp.
I was in Zidane's camp two times and two times stars from there made my dreams come true - it really works :)
Bedouine Meditation Camp has good localization; you will never forget sunset. Zidane and his brother prepare food - it's simply and very very tasty - it's traditional way of preparing - deep in the sand.
You can sleep in a tent but better option is take your bed outside and sleep under the stars.
And of course it's good to have a trip by jeep or by foot in Wadi Rum - Zidane can organise it.

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“One of the most relaxing experiences of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Camp and did a day trip in the jeep in 2011. There is such a serenity at the camp and sitting up on the rocks above the camp watching the sun set over the desert was just wonderful.
Food and hospitality was great and we had 2 amazing nights' sleep in the tent! The beds looked so basic but were so comfortable and cosy.
A really wonderful experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone wanting to experience a night out in the desert but have someone look after them!

Visited May 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic overnight experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My daughter and I stayed with Zidane and his family at the Meditation Camp in 2009. I cannot say how incredible the experience was, it still is the highlight of our trip and we talk about it often. We rented a car in Amman and drove south, arrived in Wadi Rum and bought the parks pass from the visitor center and drove into Rum Village. Zidane met us and drove us out to camp in a 4WD vehicle. We arrived too late in the afternoon to ride the camels. We met the other guests and had an amazing authentic meal prepared by roasting meat and vegetables in a pit.
The best part was pulling our cots out of the tents and up to the ridge and sleeping under the stars - absolutely heavenly!
I need to mention that Zidane went OVER AND ABOVE for us in a completely unrelated event. Air Jordan lost our luggage when we flew in to Amman the night before. Because we didn't speak the language, we had a very difficult time phoning and asking questions. Zidane got on the phone and even though the airline wanted to just leave our luggage in Amman, he insisted that they deliver it down to Aqaba for us to pick up immediately. We thank YOU SO MUCH!!

Visited August 2012