“More than perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bedouin Directions

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wadi Rum
Bedouin Directions
You added Bedouin Directions to your Saves list
Bedouin Camp, Wadi Rum Protected Area | PO Box 1008, Wadi Rum, Jordan   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dronten, The Netherlands
“More than perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

In June me and my boyfriend had the best experience with Bedouin Directions. The emails that I got from Mehedi were very helpful, he even got us a taxidriver who picked us up at our hotel in Aqaba, for a very reasonable price! Eid was our guide for the jeep tour and showed us beautiful sights and told us so much about Jordan. At the end of the day we had a delicious Jordan dinner. We played some games with the guides and we had a walk in the middle of the night to see the stars. Mehedi woke us up the next morning for breakfast, after that he arranged a bus drive to Petra. We will never forget these two amazing days at this beautiful country!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Miratejo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

everything was excellent. the guide, the owner, the food, the sleep, the camp. everything. wadi rum was perfect and cannot imagine do this again without bedouin directions.also the price seems to be adequate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I spent 5 days in Jordan in June spending the day with Mehedi and my guide Salim on June 19th. I had a great day touring the desert with Salim who was knowledgable and friendly.

The camp if fab in a great sheltered location. I had a great evening sharing the site with 6 italians. We had a midnight walk to see the stars laying on a rock and being wowed by the night sky. A magical experience.

Mehedi runs a good ship and is a really interesting man. A great 24 hours.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am living in Jordan for the summer and finally visited Wadi Rum. Mehedi was waiting for us at the Guest House, where we signed up for a jeep tour with his cousin, Audi (10 JD each). We didn't have much time before sunset, but Audi took us to 3 incredible places where we could climb rocks, canyons, and take amazing photos of the sunset. Audi helped us with some cool group photos and jumping shots! We passed a few camps but were thrilled to see our camp nestled in the rocks far away from any other camp. The site was stunning, and the food was equally amazing -- slow cooked chicken, vegetables in a tomato sauce, grilled onions and potatoes, a fresh tomato salad, and babaghanoush with pita. The hot items were baked in the traditional Bedouin way. The July weather was very temperate at night, and so we took our mattresses and blankets out to the bed frames that were already set up outside (so we didn't have to sleep on the sand!). Sleeping under the stars in a Bedouin camp was an experience I will never forget.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Loved it! One of my favorite films of all time is Lawrence of Arabia and one of my favorite historical figures of all time is T.E. Lawrence. So being in the area in which Lawrence of Arabia was filmed and T.E. LAwrence has been was already quite awesome for me. But really getting the opportunity to experience life in the desert among the Howeitat was a whole new level of awesomeness.

Guided by the very nice Ahmed and Eid, our three days in Wadi Rum were a blast. Getting wonderful food from Eid and getting great support from Ahmed on our walks through the mountains.

I can honestly say this has become one of my favorite vacation experiences ever.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I just got back home and I still can't forget the experience I had in the wadi rum with Bedouin directions, Mehendi and other bedouins ....it was the highlight of my trip to Jordan, because I learned so much about the traditions of people who still live very close with nature and got a chance to get as close as I could to it myself....our guide Audi made us laugh, me and my Mum and the lunch he cooked in the desert was the best food!!! I really really want to go back there again and spend more time! What I liked a lot was also prompt replies from Mehedi, he organised a car for me from Petra to Wadi Rum with the best driver ever! I highly recommend Bedouin directions

Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Planning our visit was a delight thanks to Mehedi, who met and greeted us at the Guest House. We set off on our 4WD tour with and really appreciated the driver's care and skill. Wadi Rum is truly majestic, and our sunset stop was a highlight.
The camp is unlike any others we saw on the way as it is hidden among rocks. The lounge tent is comfortable and the sage tea very welcome. Dinner was superb and generous.
Having visited Wadi Rum before without staying there, we were delighted to have experienced the desert at night, and Bedouin Directions was the perfect choice!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bedouin Directions? Share your experiences!