TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“A wonderful and peaceful hotel in the center of Yazd” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Dad

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yazd
Hotel Dad
You added Hotel Dad to your Saves list
241 | 10th Farvardin Ave, Yazd 8913875639, Iran   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Yazd
Washington
“A wonderful and peaceful hotel in the center of Yazd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Hotel Dad (“generous hotel” in the Farsi language) is well located in Yazd, one of the oldest towns in Iran.

My rooms was spacious, extremely quiet (toward the rear of the hotel), clean and well furnished with two full-size beds, a love seat, TV, mini-bar, writing desk, and pretty carpet. The bathroom was especially wonderful with a very large tub, plenty of clean towels and lots of hot water with excellent pressure.

The food in the hotel’s restaurant was superb, including a very abundant and tasty breakast.

The swimming pool was closed for whatever purpose, but that didn’t detract me from enjoying the ambience provided by the magnificent courtyard.

I most definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the REAR PART of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had an enjoyable two night stay at Hotel Dad. We found the staff to be pleasant and helpful enough, our room comfortable, and the location good. On the first night my husband and I thought about going out exploring to find a restaurant for dinner, but decided it was easier to stay in and eat at the hotel restaurant - no regrets, the food was nice (Iranian style) and we enjoyed sitting out in the beautiful courtyard until a sand storm kicked in which was quite dramatic and a novelty for us! (we retreated with all the other diners inside to finish our meal with bowls of delicious ice-cream).
The breakfast selection was also good.
We had our own laptop and ipad, however the public computers in the lobby were a bonus for us - free wi-fi, and for the first and only time in Iran I was able to connect to Facebook there.
Yazd was my favourite city in Iran; it's a beautiful city with much to see, and staying at Hotel Dad just added to the charm.
It's hard to comment on the value because, as with most of our accommodation in Iran, we don't know what it cost us per night (the tariff was paid for in advance as part of a lump sum for the tour). I'd happily return to the hotel however.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I spent two nights here in April 2013. I liked the Dad a lot, and would happily stay here again. By Iranian standards I thought this hotel was quite good, and my “star” rating is based on Iranian standards.

Positives.
- The hotel has a nice courtyard with lots of seating, and good views over the city from the outdoor rooftop terrace.
- The hot water termperature and pressure in the shower was excellent.
- The bed was comfy, not too firm or too soft for me.
- The room was large and very clean.
- The lentil soup at the breakfast buffet here was particularly good, as was the halvah, which was of the Yazd type - soft and almost peanut-buttery in consistency. (I loved the lentil soup in Iran and had it for breakfast whenever it was available - the soup here was one of the best I had on the entire trip.)
- The hotel’s location is good, within walking distance of the old town.
- There’s a postal facility, at which you can buy stamps and send mail, right across the street.

Negatives/other factors.
- The rooms open to the outside rather than to an interior hall, and there was a fair amount of noise from people passing back and forth. Because the windows also open to this outer area (at least on the ground floor, where my room was), I had to keep the curtains drawn to keep people from being able to see in.
- In April, the AC wasn’t functioning, and because of the windows situation, I couldn’t leave the curtains open. This made for hot sleeping conditions, which I don’t enjoy.
- There was a VERY LOUD call to prayer at 5 AM.
- The plumbing kind of had to be coaxed, but eventually worked well enough.
- The lights by and above the bed were quite weak - not really bright enough to read by.

For me the positives definitely outweighed the negatives, and I would stay here again if I returned to Yazd.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Writing this from the free internet station at the lobby of this hotel (connection quite fast). The hotel is absolutely charming and quaint, particularly with the courtyard (whether viewed in day time or in evening). Our room is a double room which faces the courtyard, and everything inside the room is in order. The furnishings inside the bathroom are very well maintained. Mattress relatively hard/solid so comfortable, but the pillow seems to be too high. As mentioned with earlier posts, the a/c does not seem to be working, which is really not a big problem anyway as it cools down in the evenings. There is no in-room safe and guests are asked to leave their passports at Reception until they check out. No free water or kettle either, but you can get water cheap for IRR 5,000 per 1.5L bottle at one of the takeaway food places nearby. Breakfast is somewhat basic in the sense that you don't get fruits, other than tomatoes, cucumber (not a fruit) and sweet dates. However, managed to buy some strawberries and oranges in one of the fruit stands on the way to/from Old Town proper. Had dinner in the courtyard al fresco last evening and that itself was an experience. Some of the staff members speak very good English, others not so well, but everybody (including the cleaning staff) puts on a big smile and will try their best to make your stay comfortable. Been reading about the swimming pool in the basement however the actual door to the pool seems to be locked. Not sure if it is still in operation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ancona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

In Yazd I have been in four different places and so far Dad is my favorite. The front entrance and lobby are not impressive but the inner courtyard is pleasant but, not particularly charming, the 'renovation' left very little of the original structure. Rooms are very spacious, clean and quiet, at the ground floor the ceiling is very high and make rooms very cool in summer, at the first floor the ceiling is lower making the rooms more cozy but also hot in summer. The service is good and staff very kind. The location is very central, at a walking distance from the bazar and major attractions. The atmosphere is fine but, not the most exciting for travelers looking for people to exchange information and tips. Despite the many 'bat' this is still my favorite place in Yazd.

Room Tip: Ground floor in summer, first floor in winter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This spiring me and my husband travel to yazd and we had a room in dad hotel for 3days at first it was nice but always bad smell comes from yard and in hot weather of yazd thair air conditioner didnt work and at last day we found a mouse in our room it was trrible

• Stayed April 2013
Asker, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

The room were OK and clean. Bathroom OK, breakfast and dinner Ok. It was hot and no aircondition. We tried to sleep with window open to the hall, but the room were not cooled down. The coartyard are fantastic. You can sit in the sun or in the shadow

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Dad? Share your experiences!