TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Small hotel with helpful mgt” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Morvarid Hotel

Morvarid Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tabriz
Morvarid Hotel
You added Morvarid Hotel to your Saves list
Bagh Golestan Square, Tabriz, Iran   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tabriz
petersfield, hants, uk
“Small hotel with helpful mgt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We had a good stay at the Morvarid. Reception had good English and they were quickly able to sort out our needs. We had a room at the back which was quiet, and otherwise adequate - a lot cheaper than the Azerbijian which was much worse. Breakfast was OK.

Room Tip: rooms at back were quiet and had western style loos
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
Bergen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed at Morvarid Hotel for 2 nights, and don't think we would stay there again. One of the receptionist was friendly and helpful, and spoke (and understood) English, but it was difficult to get help when he was not around. Besides, the room was not too clean, the blankets dirty and the walls and roof cracked and stained with fungi from water damage. This gave an unpleasant odor to the room, left alone that it can be quite harmful and bad for the health to stay in a room with that amount of fungi. With rather thin walls, the hotel was also very noisy, often with other guests turning on the TV at 6 am in the morning and loud speaking in the hallways till late at night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Tabriz hotels

Pecs, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We spent 3 nights in the Morvarid Hotel in Tabriz. The hotel is central location near the Arg-e Tabriz. The room was clean and comfortable with private bathroom and Western style toilet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. All in all a decent hotel at reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

This was one of the recommended hotels in the Lonely Planet guidebook and the price has gone up a lot since the book was published (and mine was the latest version!) I paid about US$25 for a double room after some hard bargaining, which I thought was really overpriced. But after having run around to several other places listed in LP, I was the most comfortable with this inn as a solo female traveller. I had to take a double 'cos there weren't any singles left and I wanted a private bathroom.

I met a Dutch couple later in the day at the Tabriz museum and they were stayed at a hotel near me for only US$8 with a private bathroom! I really felt ripped off and suggest you look for better options along the main road. If I am not wrong, their hotel was called Hannah Hotel or something like that (with some letters missing from its sign).

The room was decent, the bathroom was also decent (there was hot water and a western toilet), but the tv wasn't that fantastic (small, poor reception), so don't expect too much.

I find the location to be really good, as there were many eateries and some internet cafes within walkable distance. I could also easily get my long distance bus tickets from a little store just across the road. There is free breakfast and you can get them to take it to your room, but at a fee for the room service. I was asked if I wanted breakfast to be sent to my room on the first morning I was there and when I asked if it was free, the receptionist told me Yes! So I felt a little unfair when, at the end of my stay, I found out that I had to pay for room service. The receptionist said that breakfast at the hotel's restaurant was free, but to bring it to the room, there will be room service charged. I only found this out at the end and wondered if I should blame myself for not asking properly, or was I really misled by him saying that breakfast was free. Ah well, probably a miscommunication. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

I ever used the shared bathoom near the restaurant and the smell was beyond horrid. I was actually glad I didn't eat at the restaurant, because the smell would have killed my appetite and even more glad I had a private bathroom, so I didn't have to use that toilet. Honestly, you can't imagine it. I had to breathe through my mouth!

Internet there is really expensive too, like 10x what you'd pay at the coffeenet.

The receptionist doubles up as some kinda driver-guide and he took me to Kandovan the next day, though I can't remember how much I paid. However, I do remember the price to be fairly reasonable and within what I expected to pay. It is possible to get there more cheaply by a combination of bus and taxi, but I was there in an off-peak season, so I was worried there won't be many taxis around in the small town near Kandovan to take me there. Kandovan is a must-go! It's beautiful. I am sure the hotel can arrange for you, if you ask. In fact, if you can spare about US$112/night, be sure to stay a night or 2 at Laleh International Hotel at Kandovan. With underfloor heating, indoor jacuzzi, a room carved out of the fairy-like chimney rock, it's going to be a truly memorable experience! If I had not lost my wallet in Shiraz, I would have stayed there for a night for sure!!

All in all, I would recommend this hotel if you don't mind paying. But in terms of value for budget travellers, it's better to find somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to Morvarid Hotel? Share your experiences!