“Fascinating” 4 of 5 stars

Noosa, Australia
45 attraction reviews
“Fascinating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This temple is across the estuary from Tanjung Pinang so we hired a boat. half way across, a torrential rain storm suddenly appeared. We sheltered in the main Chinese Temple first then found out that the Banyan Tree Temple is about one kilometre east of the main temple. After more sheltering, we got there, soaked to our skins, but it was worth it. The tree has wound its way around the temple very thoroughly.

Visited October 2011

• Indonesian first
Honolulu, Hawaii
21 attraction reviews
“Sounds Cool...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

When I heard about the history of this temple I was very excited. After seeing it, I think I can sum my experience up this way: I like the idea of a Banyan Tree Temple, but I think we're about 200 yrs away from one.

Still interesting to see, but I only went because it was part of the hotel tour I took. Neat pictures too, but just not that great in person.

Visited December 2011