“Nice enough for a comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Halim
and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Halim to your Saves list
Hotel Halim
Jalan DI Panjaitan KM 6, Tanjung Pinang, Riau Islands Province 29111, Indonesia   |
Sandnessjoen, Norway
“Nice enough for a comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Went with another couple for a quick trip to Tg. Pinang. We booked 2 rooms for a night, and found the hotel to be value for money. Our room was clean, with fresh, clean linnen, and a clean bathroom with a tub. Due to internet connection problems, I had made a mistake booking, so we arrived a day early. This problem was however promptly solved by the friendly and efficient staff. Our friends from Norway were quite pleased with the hotel as well.
Would use again if we visit Tg. Pinang again. I wish we could say the same about our encounter with the authorities there as well..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My friend recommended this hotel to me, and gave me a name card, so i thought i'd give it a try,
when i called, the reception picked up, her language were not very great though but i still heard what she was saying, they picked me up at the ferry terminal of Tanjung pinang, best of all it was free of charge.
i stayed at the deluxe room, cost me, IDR 280,000 about S$25, bathroom were not very big but elegant, got a bathtub in it, i'm doing just fine.
late at night, there was nothing to do, so i hang out at the karaoke behind the hotel, had a really good fun with the guest there and the hospitality of the waiter.
up in the morning, i had a very nice buffet, they offer nasi lemak, and a fish porridge, two half-boiled eggs, it was perfect for me to recharge my energy and get out on my trip again.
above all, if you are going for a budget trip there were no where convenient and cheaper than here, and oh yeah, they also helped me book my ticket and gave me a trip to the ferry terminal.

Room Tip: picked the west side of the hotel, its far from the traffic so it's much more quiter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked this hotel located in Tanjung pinang,bintan islands.The experience of our stay is not great.the look of hotel was good from outside,but this hotel has some maintenance issues in rooms.If they fix this,they can improve the hotel rating.The breakfast was not so great as well and people were smoking over all the place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the night of the 9th of August 2013, which cost me IDR280,000 (£18) for a superior twin room. I got here from the nearest ferry terminal by a 5 min taxi ride for IDR20,000 (£1). The general area seems quite undeveloped, and larger restaurants have to be found closer to the city centre.

The check in experience was fast and simple. My room was one of the many rooms that faced the road, so traffic can be heard even with the windows shut. But this was not a problem for me personally as I am a heavy sleeper.

For a budget hotel, the room, sheets and toilet were clean though spartan (as expected). Some rooms had a bathtub in them, but mine did not.

What annoyed me was the additional 2.6% fee that they charged for Visa payments. I had booked through Booking.com and was told, in no uncertain terms, that the payable amount after fees and taxes was strictly IDR280,000. This is being looked at by Booking.com and the hotel at the moment. Although the amount is just £0.50, I am taking this up as a point of principle.

As I checked out, I asked at reception as to how to get to Lagoi (in the north of the island). They advised me that I had to go via taxi, and that they could arrange one for me. As I was on a budget trip, I said I'll look for one on the trip, at which point the staff pointed out that as it was the second day of the Hari Raya period, it would be "very difficult" to get a taxi. They told me that the hotel driver could bring me there for IDR600,000. Not convinced (I have been getting local taxis easily for the past 2 days), I crossed the road and got a taxi within 3 min for IDR350,000.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Halim? Share your experiences!