“A very good hotel in town (not near to beach)but the WIFI speed is very very bad.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aston Tanjung Pinang Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Aston Tanjung Pinang Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Aston Tanjung Pinang Hotel and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Adisucipto Km 11, Tanjung Pinang, Riau Islands Province 29125, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Tanjung Pinang
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

~Something good!~

Overally, we felt satisfied with the hotel! Thumbs up!
Both the room and breakfast is also up to standard! ^.^
Surprisingly the TV channels are just so attractive as there are channels from Indon, Singapore, Malaysia and seem like Thailand also! I enjoy it to the deepest!
My first attempt to hotel room service. I had ordered ayam bakar berbumbu and nasi timbel which presented so well and of course yummy!

~Something not so good!~
Just that the internet speed is just too BAD in room, cant even load a facebook new feed page properly.
On the other hand, nothing to shop or walk around nearby. It is dark out there and we are not dare to walk further down the road.

Anyway, Aston hotel is still highly recommended provided that beach is not your priority.
All the best to Aston hotel management team!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I chose to stay 3 days 2 night at Aston Hotel in May 2013 as I read the positive reviews written here.

The hotel shuttle picked my husband and I up from the ferry terminal and it was about a 30 minutes car ride from the ferry terminal to the hotel. There is also a free shuttle service back to the ferry terminal and we took that when we left.

I chose to book directly at the hotel website instead of with agoda as one of the perks for booking directly was a complementary upgrade (if available). However, I was disappointed when I was told by the front desk that there will not be any complementary upgrade and I would have to pay extra if I wanted an upgrade.

However, the front desk manager soon came along and when I told him that it was my husband's birthday, he very kindly arrangement for an upgrade for us and got our rooms ready by 1pm (usually it is by 2pm) and even arranged for a slide of cake to be delivered to our room. It was really nice of him to make the arrangements for us.

The room was neat and tidy and it was very comfortable. We had a good night rest and the swimming pool was decent as well. We had a massage at the spa as well and it was good. The price was also cheaper than what you will find in Singapore.

We had the breakfast and it was decent with a good variety of food like cooked food, pastry, yougurt, cornflakes, fruits and an eggs station. We wanted to try their BBQ buffet on saturday night but was told that there would be no BBQ by the poolside as the weather did not look good and we were disappointed. However, the staff came us a recommendation for a seafood dinner and that was good.

However, there are a few areas that are not so good.

Firstly, the hotel is far away from the main city area and you need to take a transport out each time. It cost rp75,000 for the hotel to arrange a one way transport for you and rp 150,000 for two ways. And it is always almost a 30 minutes ride to places with food or shopping. There is nothing much right outside the hotel, just a few small eateries and mini-mart. The resort that is further down, Comfort Hotel seems better in terms of location as it is right opposite some sort of a market and there are much more eating places and shops at that stretch.

Secondly, there is also the issue of the electricity tripping in the night. On our first night, the electricity started tripping at around 2am and it tripped a total of 4 times in the night. All the lights and air-conditioning went off but it restarted within a few seconds. When we spoke to the front desk manager, he told that that it is due to the electrical cables laid to transport electricity to the areas around the hotel.

Lastly, even though the rooms were clean and comfortable. The sound-proofing of the room was not done so well. My room was on the ground floor and the lobby was on the floor above mine and I could hear it quite clearly when people are running around in the lobby through my ceiling. Also, in the middle of the night, we suddenly heard some loud noise that sounds like someone playing a trumpet and when we went to check the noise out, it was the staff cleaning and vacuuming the lobby area with a huge cleaner. We were not able to sleep with the noise and the staff kindly stopped the cleaning.

All in all, it was a comfortable and relaxing trip. This hotel can be considered if you are not that interested in going around Tanjung Pinang for sightseeing and shopping. Compared to the smaller and more dingy hotels around town, Aston would be a better choice as you do not mind the travelling back and forth.

And alternative way to travel would be to take those white vans that are waiting along the roadside. You can flag one down as well and just tell them where you want to go. It cost much cheaper than the hotel shuttle and it might take you longer to get to where you want to go as the van picks up other passengers along the way and the hotel shuttle being a proper car, might be safer too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on the higher floors to avoid noise coming from the pool and the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aston_TPI, Manager at Aston Tanjung Pinang Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear HappySnappyC,

Warmest Greeting from Aston Tanjungpinang Hotel & Conference Center !

Thankyou for taking your time to share your experience and write your positive reviews while staying at Aston Tanjungpinang Hotel & Conference Center. Thankyou too for your positive appraisal and also your motivated complaint for us. We promise to serve you and all the guests better in every chance.

Glad that you and your husband had some time for enjoying your quality time, we also proud for making you relax and comfortable in your stay at Aston Tanjungpinang Hotel and Conference Center.

Our team also has been informed for the inconvenience that you experienced and we sincerely apologize and make this as our responsibility to serve you better. We look forward to welcome you back. Best wishes from aston's team.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I took their Easter Package last March and it was WORTH EVERY BITS. I lived all over indonesia for about a decade, so I can tell this hotel is a bit expensive for its league. However, everything was so nice.

The junior suite was okay (however, most of junior suites in other hotel are bigger in size), everything was tidy clean. Front Officers spoke poor English, but then you got this problem all around Indonesia.

The breakfast was okay, there were generous amount of food and very hospitable staff. There wasn't my son's fave cereal on the buffet, yet one of the chef was gladly accommodating his preference and served it on our table. Very nice.

There were a nice gimmick I remembered, it was a donut decorating class. My kids were so happy, and I was surprised that the chef who conducted the class spoke english very well. Not to mention that the donuts are delicious (marshmallow as condiment? that is nice and cool.)
I managed to hop by their pastry shop, and bought their black rice brownies home, it was strangely sooooo good.

The experiences on the morning didn't hesitate me to go to their restaurant for lunch and dinner. our pasta and chicken rice was okay, Our steak was slightly overdone, and our oxtail soup was really delicious.

I read this "Aston Heartful Service" somewhere around the hotel, and now I can say that the heartful service is well felt.
A definite come back when I visit the city again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Aston_TPI, Manager at Aston Tanjung Pinang Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warmest Greeting from Aston Tanjung Pinang Hotel & Conference Center !

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience while staying at Aston Hotel Tanjungpinang.Thank you too for taking our easter package and proud for providing you good services.

The team has been informed of the problem that you faced with the communication, and we sincerely apologize and make this as our motivation to serve you better in another chance.

Glad you and your family had some time for enjoying the time, especially enjoyed every package and every services that we have offered you.

As our motto , “Delightful Moments of Heartfelt Service”, we will always promise to serve you with heart and best in every ways. We look forward to welcome you back. Best wishes from Aston’s Team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed over at Aston Tanjung Pinang from 20-21 Apr 13.

From the front desk staff to restaurant staff to housekeeping to the engineering guys (who were doing some repairs along the corridors) were extremely friendly, humble and ready to assist. They were patient with our enquiries and prompt in handling our requests.

We stayed in a superior room which was spacious and clean.

It was a great experience making us feel warmly welcomed. I'll be sure to return. Thank you for the awesome stay, Aston!

• Stayed April 2013
Aston_TPI, Manager at Aston Tanjung Pinang Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Shantassy,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write your experience through TripAdvisor, we also glad to know that you and your boyfriend have a wonderful stay with us :).
We would be very happy to welcome you back. Best wishes from Aston's team.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our trip to Bintan was a last minute decision. The hotel itself was rather comfortable, with a good pool and comfortable and clean bedrooms and bathrooms. The staff was really friendly and always ready to help.

The hotel however is more oriented towards business folk. We were not suggested any package deals for quick trips to the beach or other attractions. We had to ask around and make these arrangements ourselves. The hotel is also very far from the beach. You will have to resort to taking rides in the local white vans to get around, if there is no taxi available.

I would suggest booking your stay in Agro resort instead, for a great holiday.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was great, clean, staff was friendly and helpful. I would like to compliment Ms Esi, front office reception, she is great and serve us with her extra mile service.. Thumbs up for Aston Hotel to have such staff. I would come and patronize Aston if i visit Tanjung Pinang.
Last but not least, i would like to commend on the bfast buffet, variety not much and suggest to have more foods at the buffet table.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Oh thank you so much to duty manager Mr Jeffery Prastya Lubis and crew.its such a welcoming stay here with the friendly staffs and efficient services.BREAKFAST was EXCELLENT with lots of variety western n asian.basically i can says that almost everything was GOOD!!!..the best hotel so far in Tanjung Pinang.Yes highly recommended, no regrets! TIPS:to go anywhere u can juz simple take their public transport called "tran" (in indonesia language).its my 2nd time stay there.
Free ferry transfer to hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Aston Tanjung Pinang Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!