“rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ibis Pekanbaru

Save Saved
You added Hotel Ibis Pekanbaru to your Saves list
Hotel Ibis Pekanbaru
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Soekarno Hatta Kav 148, Pekanbaru 28294, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 42 hotels in Pekanbaru
“rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

the rooms that offer from internet too small for family.
please be advised to give all information about the room condition so the custumer can choose the room.
for service is very good.

I like to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Ibis Pekanbaru I, Operational Secretary at Hotel Ibis Pekanbaru, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Pekanbaru. It is always a pleasure to receive your feedback. For some cases, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I've been a fan of Accor hotels for more than 5 years now. Never stayed at Ibis until this one. Its location is nice. Within walking distance to nice mall (15 minute leisure walk). The pool is gorgeous. The room is very small. But it is Ibis, so I shouldn't expect it like its sister hotels Novotel or Mercure. It's fine really. The restaurant is also nice. You can sit by the pool and enjoy your meal. Breakfast is fantastic!!! I love the variety of foods they have from the local to international food. So, Other than the room size (make sure you check your towels, mine has brown spots, but they replaced it instantly, kudos for the housekeeping team).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Sir / Madam,

Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Why Efficient? coz i just only look a small number of staff. But they did a very good job. Very efficient, even only serve by limited number of staff, the service is REMARKABLE. The room clean, furniture just so so (IBIS standard). Breakfast yeah ok nothing worse. but the price little bit expensive. IDR420.000,-

The only lack of the hotel is the location, they are not on the heart of the city, but very close with SKA MALL.

I also been use the meeting room, they have a very good room with a very reasonable price.

IBIS also promoted EXPRESS LUNCH for only IDR20.000,- very cheap. u got mix of rice, vegetable, meat/chicken, and Ice Tea. VERY GOOD DEAL

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Pekanbaru. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. For some cases, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stay at this hotel often on the week end as a break from the work place where I normally live. It is a clean and stable hotel. No noise area so easy to sleep. Short bemo ride or about a 10 minute walk to SKA mall. Also short bemo ride to Eka Hospital. The buffet break fast is good and well varied, but the coffee is normal blah buffet type coffee. I have not been favorably impressed with dinners as they are presumtuously expensive and do not live up to the price. There are warung with reasonable food nearby though. If you are going to dine here I recommend sticking to the indonesian food items.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

You either come to Pekanbaru to protect Riau province's last tropical rain forest, or to actively participate in its destruction. And there's only one place in town to hang out for both parties. So palm oil barons and logging bosses rub shoulders with eco tourists like us in the Ibis, splurging their ill gotten gains in the chic bar on bottles of wine and foreign cigars whilst a covers band plays, and well meaning foreigners fret about the imminent demise of the Sumatran tiger and the rampant abuse of the national park timber resources. However, moral qualms aside, the lobby does an excellent cappuccino, the breakfast buffet is acceptable and the Ibis staff are friendly.

The hotel is one of the tallest buildings in the city and provides relative tranquility amid the bustle, chaos and mud caked roadsides of Pekanbaru. There's a medium sized pool and a kids' paddling pool, a very basic gym in urgent need of air con that works, and plumbing which is perhaps less than desirable. The internet worked, the tv had a surprisingly wide selection of channels and the public areas were clean and well lit. The wake up call came through on time, and the taxi ordered arrived on time too. It's rp60,000 to the airport and there is an international departure tax there of rp75,000 per person including kids.

The hotel rate was cheap - around fifty US dollars including tax and breakfast for two. The downside was that you couldn't charge anything to the room, so my million rupeeah dinner won't be earning me any A Club points, and constantly having to sign and re-sign credit card slips got confusing and tiresome - I am sure we were double charged for one set of coffees - once when we paid on Visa and again when we checked out. The Matahari Mall nearby has an excellent choice of restaurant and food outlets if you tire of hotel food. All in all, the Pekanbaru Ibis does what you expect of the chain - a functional hotel for short stays.

Visit the elephants of Tesso Nilo national park and stay here when you return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear The Horseys,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I arrived in pekanbaru at 10.30 pm and directly checked myself in. Tired due to flight delay, I planned to take a shower before go to bed. I turned the shower into hot water mode, but it wasn't hot at all, not even warm. It was impossible for me to take cold water at that hour.
Next morning, it was the same - no hot shower.
Fortunatelly I only stayed 1 night.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at ibis Pekanbaru. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Sincerely Yours

ibis Pekanbaru

Been to Hotel Ibis Pekanbaru? Share your experiences!