“Great place to hang out” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Pekanbaru
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Great place to hang out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This place has one of the best coffee in town, you have to come early in the morning or you'll have to wait in line for a good breakfast and great ambiance

• Indonesian first
Serpong, Indonesia
“Great Foods and Good Coffee with Poor Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I come to Kedai Kopi KimTeng in April 2014. I have heard this cafe for a long time and this is the first time I finally come. Almost everybody told me that this cafe has the best coffee in the world. As a coffee lover, I definitely have to try this and I have a great expectation about it. So the first thing I order is Black Coffee or Coffee O and Soft-Boiled Eggs. I also order Chicken Porridge and Kaya Toast.

For me, the Coffee O is just okay so it is not the best coffee in the world for me. It is not a thick coffee so It doesn't really got me. The other food, soft-boiled eggs is the greatest food here for me. It's different than the hotel one. The chicken porridge is also tasty and savory. It served with twister dough that makes a perfect porridge. The last one, Kaya toast - it's a homemade kaya toast. I also think this is not the best toast I've ever tasted. It is just another okay for me.

I'm still curious about the coffee so I come here the next day and I order Latte and half bowl of chicken noodle. Again, I confirm it's not the best latte, it's just usual latte. But the chicken noodle is great.

The atmosphere of this cafe is poor, it is too crowded and it's really hot inside. The service is average because of the crowded I think. The price is in a middle range of a coffee cafe.

They still have so many foods I haven't tried it yet but I really recommended the soft-boiled eggs, chicken noodle and chicken porridge when you come in here. It will not disappoint you. Even the coffee is just okay for me, I buy the raw one and bring it home. I make it myself and I think it tastes better than the cafe one.

Poor atmosphere but worth it to try when you come to Pekanbaru.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Food ... Tastiest, decor typical chinese kopitiam ... So so”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We tried gado gado, tahu goreng, kopi o, kopi iced, roti bakar & kaya, aloe vera juice and satay. All tasted excellent except tahu goreng. We expected the soya bean curd to be more crispy but the sauce was good. Overall food is 9/10.
Decor is typical of the chinese kopitiam found in Malaysia. Spartan, functional. Plastic chairs. Open air, few fans, no aircond. Too much advert posters but I guess it is a source of revenue for the owner. Overall decor 5/10.
We planning to go back there again to taste the other food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bandung, Indonesia
“execellent coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Originality of the coffee taste, please try ice coffee O if you have tried this.....,,the taste of my favorite iced grande coffee americano is became nothing , ...and don't forget to try the kaya toast...trust me its delicious. and don't forget the Latte also stunning.
cons: Not standard, the taste of the coffee was very different between in the original "kedai kopi" at Senapalen and at the kiosk in Sultan syarif Kasim Airport II

Visited October 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“SUPER excellent food and coffee, but crowded..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I came to this place almost EVERY week! I stayed in Pekanbaru, and I can guarantee that you will definitely love the food. However, it is a bit difficult to find parking space and a chair (especially if you came on weekend). As expected from the traditional food place, there is no fancy place with air conditioner. There is another Kimteng chain located in the malls (Ciputra mall, and SKA mall), which may be more comfortable, but the food is not as tasty as in the original place.
I would really recommend you to try the food at this place at least once! It is worth the visit!

Visited May 2013