“Delicious everytime” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Kintamani
Cuisines: English, Indonesian, Italian, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Danu Lounge specialises in fusion world cuisine, using the best available fresh locally grown ingredients.Danu Lounge is perched on the top floor of the Deluxe Block of Lakeview Hotel, and is open from 3:30AM to 10PM. It is a relaxed venue for all-day breakfast, tea and coffee service, snacks, light meals and beverages. Fresh bread, cookies, brownies, cakes, jams and marmalade are cooked throughout the day in Danu Lounge, giving guests a unique aromatherapy experience, intermingling with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. Danu Lounge also features herbal infusions and drinks such as fresh mint and lemongrass tea, spice tea and chai, as well as hot chocolate, perfect for mountain weather.The art gracing the walls of Danu Lounge are the outcome of our art classes and artist in residence programs.
Sydney, Australia
“Delicious everytime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I bring my writing group to Lakeview Hotel and Danu Lounge every year. I can't wait for them to taste the delicious food and there's no use trying to explain. Each day we are treated to a range of traditional Balinese fare as well as stunning afternoon teas when we come back from our afternoon excursions. Not only do they send us off with yummy picnic lunches in banana leaf wraps, but when we get back there are rosemary cupcakes or a poppy seed/orange sponge for us to try. When Danu has a resident artist chef and we are lucky enough to be staying a week they get to try out all their new recipes on us. Superb! Not only that there is lemongrass/ginger tea available at all times. Perfect for our evening readings by the open fire. The evening cloud cover bringing the night time temperature drop, just makes Danu all the more cosy. If I was to think of my five cosiest places with the best view in the world, Danu is on the list.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LakeviewBaliGM, General Manager at Danu Art Cafe, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for your vote of confidence in our service at Danu. We've been improving our bakery to highlight local produce since your last visit, so when you come again with your next group in October you can look forward to fresh pumpkin muffins and our pumpkin-based cookies with tamarillo jam hearts (both are vegan, gluten free and organic!)

We are looking forward to hosting you again.

• Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
“Cozy and relaxing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Danu Lounge is one of the two restaurants of Lakeview Hotel in Kintamani. I always have my breakfast and dinner here when I stay at Lakeview. The Lounge is dominated with red color combined with modern wood furniture and fresh beautiful local flowers. My favourite spot is around the fireplace to keep myself warm in the cool weather of Kintamani. This restaurant serves western and indonesian food, and for first visitors I recommend to try their mujair fish, fresh from batur lake, cooked in your desired style (steam, fried or grilled). Also try the coffee, because they serve premium arabica kintamani, fresh from the farmers and carefully roasted by trained roaster.
This restaurant is also suitable if you are on business trip because they have super fast wifi, it really helps me when I stay there for business trip.
The other thing I like the most of this place is the super beautiful view! Having breakfast here while enjoying the beautiful figure of Batur mountain is one of the things you should do before you die :-)
The staff are fiendly and the GM will help you to know better about many historical places in Kintamani. You should go here when visiting Bali!

Visited February 2013
LakeviewBaliGM, General Manager at Danu Art Cafe, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thanks for your vote of confidence in our service and congratulations for being our first reviewer!

I'm glad the internet has been fast for you, we have a 2MBps connection With Speedy (by Telkom) which is pretty good 80% of the time, but some days it can be inexplicably slow. We're installing alternative high-speed connections in addition to that so we don't have to be too reliant on one provider.

So you love our red colour scheme? You'll be even more impressed now with our new flower arrangements, red helliconias :-) We're aiming for the colour of fire for warmth on the cold, misty Kintamani nights.

Thanks for the positive feedback on our food also, we look forward to hosting you on your next visit.