“Clean!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Banjarmasin
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a business trip in February. It's a new property with clean and simple design. The standard room is so big, 3 times the size of a typical hotel room in Europe. Breakfast is good, bed is comfortable, and hospitality is excellent. You feel safe staying at this hotel. Deserve the 4-star rating. Shall be the standard of a clean and neat hotel outside Java. Highly recommended for business travellers visiting South Kalimantan.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sendek, General Manager at Mercure Banjarmasin, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Mr/Ms. Davida,

Warmest Greeting From Mercure Banjarmasin,

We are happy to receive your good comment and thank you for the feedback given to our hotel and especially to hear some positive comments about the clean hotel, breakfast is good, bed is comfortable, and hospitality is excellent. Also that you feel safe staying at our hotel. We will share with our team so they will maintain and also continue to deliver the greatest service and to make all the customers like you always experience the good memory when staying with us.

Let me take this opportunity to thanks again, and from the management also staff of Mercure Banjarmasin are very happy to welcome you at our hotel when visiting our city.

Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stay for 3 days with my big family.
Here's the pro & contra:

Pros:
- the room is nice & clean.
- attached to Duta Shopping Mall, easy to find food & for shopping.
- nice swimming pool in the lobby (only several hotels in Banjarmasin have pool)
- the hotel location is very strategic, you can find famous local foods near the hotels (Soto Banjar Abang Amat, Lontong Orari, and Nasi Kuning Depot Rahmat).
- the hotel's pasta is very yummy, don't forget to try their carbonara's.
- try several local snacks in the restaurant, it's worth to bring it as Banjarmasin souvenir (ikan haruan).
- the hotel's staff is very nice & attentive

Cons:
- the hotel only give 1 key for each room. after asking to the front office 2 times, they finally give another keycard.
- always stuck in traffic jam in front of the hotel (Duta Mall seems to be the busiest shopping center in Banjarmasin).
- the breakfast menu needs improvement. for 3 days, we eat the same kind breakfast food :(

Overall, my family have a nice experience stay here and we'll be back if there's another change.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sendek, General Manager at Mercure Banjarmasin, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greeting From Mercure Banjarmasin,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for the feedback given to our hotel and we are happy to hear some positive and good comments about the clean room, nice room, nice swimming pool, nice lobby, strategic location, yummy pasta, our local snacks, and also very nice & attentive staff. We will share with our team so they will maintain and also continue to deliver the greatest service and to make all the customers like you always be happy when staying with us.

And for the key card and breakfast that need to be improved we thank you for this feedback and we will use it as a constructive input to be better in welcoming and serving the guest in the future.

We do really glad to know that your family had a nice experience with us. We are all the management and staff are more than happy to welcome you and family at our hotel in the near future.

Warmest Regards,
Bekasi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is probably the nicest hotel in banjarmasin.
With the 120 USD published rate, this hotel is probably the most expensive hotel in banjarmasin and also the best hotel in banjarmasin. Situated in Duta Mall floor 7 - 13 (CMIIW, dont really remember the floor), makes this hotel strategically placed for shopping and eating.

Mercure have create a beautiful pool in the lobby and a nice gym place for this place. The pool probably 100 x 200 meter at their 7th floor lobby. The gym is at 8th floor.

The downside is:
- IF you go there with group using the bus, the bus couldn't reach the hotel elevator. So you need to go to the basement elevator, and then lobby elevator, and then room elevator to reach your room.

Why separate the lobby elevator and room elevator when you need key to access the room floor?

Why not make the hotel bus friendly by building a much better access to the lobby elevator?

- The thrash can in their bathroom is made from grey plastic with no top. So if you throw something ugly into the thrash everyone can see it (condoms or tampons), which they placed near the shower. The design of the bathroom is minimalist. Here's a suggestion, if you want to make the thrash can visible do not use that kind of thrash can, use the silver thrash can with top which could cost you 300.000 per piece. If you want to save budget, hid the thrash near the closet and use the top.

- When I checked in at 14:30 they say the room is not ready yet. They are lucky I'm on a meeting so I don't need to check in yet. The only reason I want to check in is because I want to lie down a while on my coffee break.

- My chauffeur says Expect the parking spot to be full on weekends, and the access to the hotel is quite hard because there would be traffic jams. I'm lucky going there on weekdays.

The pros:
- The room is clean, I got the 1155 rooms. Not noisy at all. With bed from my favourite brand Spring Air. They have samsung 32 inch TV with cable (I don't watch TV a lot)
- The hotel is near the only mall in banjarmasin.
- The gym is good the pool is marvelous

I truly recommend this hotel.
It's new, It's strategically placed and it's beautiful

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sendek, General Manager at Mercure Banjarmasin, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Mr. Aditya,

Warmest Greetings From Mercure Banjarmasin.....!

First of all, we would like to say thank you very much for your trust to stay at Mercure Banjarmasin. We do really happy to hear most of your comments are positive about us. Especially about the room is clean, room was not noisy at all, and you liked the bed from your favourite brand, the TV and the gym is good also the pool is marvelous.

Please also accept our sincere apologize for the late room availability.
At Mercure Banjarmasin, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please be assure that we take measurable action to prevent the same case happening in the future.

Once again, thank you so much for your review and comments on our hotel's facilities and services. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again at Mercure Banjarmasin in the near future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Very very good new hotel in Banjarmasin, Indonesia.
Clean, modern, tasteful decor, part of the Accor group.
The hotel is attached to the shopping mall, this can be one of the hotels downside, queuing in a car, to the entrance, which is shared with all the mall shoppers, on busy days.
Staff are the hotels best feature.... Caring, attentive, and hugely willing to make your stay great. Had a buffet meal with all of the management team 2 nights ago and their commitment to succeed was highly commendable.
Restaurant, pool bar, cafe bar, and all food good. Just need to check that what you are ordering, at the bar and cafe, is available from the kitchens.
Laundry service and room cleanliness great. Room Internet can be iffy. Your own wireless router will help.
Why not 5 stars...??? Just really because it isn't. That's all. And in Indonesia, the true 5 star rating is only reserved for a very few hotels.
Don't hesitate to go and stay, if you get chance.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings From Mercure Banjarmasin.....!

First of all, we would like to say thank you very much for your trust to stay at Mercure Banjarmasin. Your positive reviews was truly one of our favorite!. We share it in our daily briefing. I am glad to hear that you are happy to stay with us which provide you a clean, modern and tasteful decor. Also about your comments about staff caring, attentive and hugely willing to make the stay great. Also your positive general comments about our hotel. These are really our main purpose to make our guests happy and smile.

Once again, thank you so much for your positive review and comments on our hotel's facilities and services. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again at Mercure Banjarmasin in the near future.

Warm regards,
Surabaya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

General Impression
I checked in into this hotel late in the evening with my other 6 colleagues after long trip from Tanjung. We only stayed a night because we had to catch up the flight right next early morning. Since we had to share the room with my colleague, we tried to ask two keys for our room. The reason being that because I need to take a proper rest immediately since I wasn't so well while my colleague would like to take a sightseeing in the mall located next to the hotel. By having two keys, I hoped that my colleague was not necessary to disturb me whenever he entered our room. But the receptionist refused to give us two keys. I tried to explain that I never had this experience in other Mercure hotel, but the receptionist insisted to give us with one key.

The Staff
Very polite and tend to do "text book" service, not to be so responsive with guests need.

The Room
So spacious. Although there are two single beds in our room (means that will be two guests at least expected to stay in this room), there is only one sleeper provided in this room. Maybe it is considered a small thing but I thought the housekeeping has ignored standard service of Mercure Hotel.

The Wifi
Unlike other Mercure Hotel, this hotel didn't proide free wifi.

The breakfast
I didn't take breakfast in the restaurant since I need to leave hotel early in the morning. I have explained this situation to the receptionist and I asked whether I could have my breakfast in my room. The receptionist told me I should call the chef to provide the breakfast. I never had this experience in other Accor's hotel member. Usually receptionist will accommodate my request as guest.

Room Tip: If you need to catch up flight in the early morning, please be sure that you have car to bring you o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sendek, General Manager at Mercure Banjarmasin, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Warmest Greetings From Mercure Banjarmasin.....!

First of all, we would like to say thank you very much for your trust to stay at Mercure Banjarmasin. Your constructive reviews was appreciated and we thank you for sharing with us.

The Staff
Yes it is true our staff is doing their job as per standard we set.

The Room
1 sleeper in the room is our standard. This is actually because we concern to start to become the eco-friendly hotel by reducing the garbage. Actually guest is allowed to order another sleeper when needed. Same issue with the Key card, we try to reduce using plastic as eco-friendly reason but supposed to be when the guest request another key staff should provide it. Another eco-friendly thing is we are non-smoking hotel for indoor.

The Wifi
We actually provide free wifi on 8th, 9th, 10th floor and for 11th and 12th floor using cable but it is free, too.

The breakfast
We do apologize for your experience, we already made a reminder for the concerned staff. The early breakfast is set up every morning for breads and hot drinks available next to the reception in the lobby. Actually staff should inform you that breakfast box to go when is requested for take away is possible.

Room Tip:
Taxi can be arranged in the evening for next morning booking due to the taxi availability in the city is not as expected.

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed in this beautiful n cosy hotel from 31 August to 2 sept. Iwas very happy with all check in process, the room is spacious n very comfy.. Bathroom amenities is excellent. Breakfast was great, many choices from local cuisine to standrd american breakfast were served. However, although I already booked for twin room, and in check in the man in reception knew that the guest are two ladies, the only give 1 keycard and only one bathrobe and a pair of slippers were provided. As an Indonesian I don,t usually complain about little things. Everything wen't well until the check out proces.. As usuall, at check in process.. The front office asked for a deposit, he said Rp 500.000 cash or swipe my credit card... And the man in front office at that time called Pak Kus didnot mentioned that if we prefer credit card swipe... We will be deducted Rp 1000 later. At check out yesterday morning around 8.30. I ask the young guy who ws on duty name Abizar (if am not mistaken)...to tear the swipe card paper.. But he Did not want to, because according to him it is the BCA regulation to deduct Rp 1000... i never heard such a thing.. It was an open bill, and and I paid cash for a cup of tea I ordered in swimming pool, at check out..So I got very upset...to this weird regulation which I never encountered in Indonesia or in other countries like Europe, Arab, and many Asian countries that I have visited... This experienced wiped out all good impresion of the hotel.. Sorry...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sendek, General Manager at Mercure Banjarmasin, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Warmest Greeting From Mercure Banjarmasin........

Dear Valuable Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and to have spare your time to share it to others about your experience to stay with us.

First of all thank you for mentioning that you stayed in our beautiful and cosy hotel from 31 Aug to 2 Sept. And first, you were very happy with all check in process, the room is spacious and very comfy. Bathroom amenities is excellent. Breakfast was great, many choices from local cuisine to standard american breakfast were served.

However, you were not happy with some other experiences and especially during check out time.
I have investigated the staff about your comment of open credit card problem.
Actually the case was if guest opened credit card, and at the end the transaction is not using credit card, the amount opened still pending(blocked) as informed by the Bank to us. Our staff only made suggestion that if need to be faster to release the blocking is to do transaction like our staff said Rp.1,- so right away is released by bank (so not Rp.1.000,-). But if you do not do transaction will need time to contact the Bank to release the blocking. You may check with your bank.

At Mercure Banjarmasin, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We will make improvement on some points that you mentioned and may review the system with the bank. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Sendek Prawinko
Tanjung, Kalimantan Selatan, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at mercure banjarmasin several times, most of them were satisfying experiences. Like other reviewers said that this is great hotel, brand new, very clean and well maintained room, good location for family stay since it's located in the same area with the largest mall in banjarmasin, overall i would say this is the best hotel in banjarmasin.
But one time i was very dissapointed with the service at this hotel when i stayed there on june 23rd, at around 12.00 noon i need to go out the hotel so i asked the man on the lower lobby ( this hotel has 2 lobbies, one on the ground floor which is a small lobby, and the actual lobby on higher floor ) to call me a taxi n they offered me to use hotel taxi, it cost me 50.000 idr round trip to pelampayan...i was very satisfied with the service so when i needed to go back to pelampayan at 7.00 pm i go back to the lower lobby and asked for the hotel taxi again, but the staffs there said that they didn't have any taxi, i told them that i used their taxi earlier that day, so i asked them to call another taxi, really i didn't care what kind of taxi that they can get for me, i really need to go to pelampayan again, but without trying anything they just said sorry mam, there's no taxi available here...HELLOOO this is the best hotel in banjarmasin, the largest, 4-5 stars maybe, but they they couldn't accomodate their guest with taxi.
Ok, i thought maybe because it was saturday nite, the hotel was crowded and everything, maybe all of the taxi in banjarmasin wasn't available so i tried to walk outside to the street to find any public transportation to take me out of the hotel, maybe bajaj or ojek, but when i reached the street, what did i see.? I saw lines of taxies queueing waiting for passengers...hmmm, sooo, i warn u if you're staying at this 4-5 stars rate hotel and don't have ur own vehicle, be prepared to go a long way to find transportation ( get into the mall, down two floors, walk outside bout 50meters) because mercure can't provide any. Or maybe the staffs were too lazy to call one...dunno...
Oh yaaa, before i write this review i already wrote my complaint to the manager hotel, i wrote it on the comment card that they provided in guest room, i handed them to the receptionist when i checked out but i didn't get any feedback from the manager so i decided to write my complaint here...
Will i come back again to mercure banjarmasin.? Sure i do, since banajrmasin doesn't have yet better hotels compare to mercure, but i'll drive my own car for sure :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sendek, General Manager at Mercure Banjarmasin, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Warmest Greeting From Mercure Banjarmasin........

Dear Mr. Tenry A,

We appreciate your constructive feedback and to have spare your time to share it to others about your experience to stay with us.

We apologize to hear that you have such uncomfortable experience with our staff regarding Taxi matter during stay in our hotel. We listen to every single comment and do our best to follow up for improvements. During the peak weekend in the city, it's a bit difficult to provide the Taxi from outside since they prefer stay outside on the street and they prefer not to enter to the mall area because takes some extra times to get in because as you saw, entrance traffic jam in here the only biggest mall in town where our hotel is located at. But we are going to try again to find a mutual agreement with the taxi provider in the town, at least to stand by 2-3 cabs inside the mall or hotel area. We already followed up on your comments in regards to staff in the lobby transit area attitude, that they should explain more details and clearly regarding the situation, instead just said not available. The hotel taxi that you used it is also from outside company that only available until 6 pm. For this matter to get improvement on our service, we will review again the Taxi arrangement. Hope will have a deal soon with one of the company that can provide till evening time. Please give me time to work it out since I myself still new in here but will ensure all comments from the guests thru the hotel guest comments will be sent to hotel management attention for responding.

At Mercure Banjarmasin, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We try to get your guest profile at our database, as we afraid of we note the wrong guest. You may write an email to me whenever you need a contact with me, gm@mercurebanjarmasin.com

We learn a lot from your feedback, and we do really appreciate about your willing that still want to come back again to our hotel in the future visit to Banjarmasin.
We are happy to welcoming you again.

Sendek Prawinko

Been to Mercure Banjarmasin? Share your experiences!