“Very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Haiphong
Singapore
“Very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Only stayed for 1 night, so did not use the facility. The room is spacious and comfortable, the service in the breakfast room was surprisingly very good, though the food selection was limited. .......

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GMHarbourview, Executive Assistant Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest

My apologize for taking quite while for the response!

We appreciated your comments about our hotel as well as the service overall - through this encouragement, we will positively continue with our improvement to make things better and better.

Thanks again, and look forward to welcoming you back to AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View very soon. Please contact me if you need anything to make your stay comfortable and memorable.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Escondido, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed one night. The basic twin room was comfortable, there was a fruit plate and a note from Management. There is a folder with a map of Haiphong and other helpful information. The bathroom is bright and spacious with lots of amenities. The highlight of our stay was the buffet breakfast set in a nice dining room with an attentive staff. The Front desk people were helpful.
The room rate is a bit high for Vietnam but there isn't that much choice in Haiphong.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

My apologize for taking quite while for the response!

Thank you very much for your pleased comments towards AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View.

We were so happy to learn that you had been satisfied with our hotel including the efficiency of our staff during your stay with us.

This encouragement is part of our spirit to be moving forward in order to meet every guest's expectation.

Once again thank you very much and look forward to welcoming you back to AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I could do anything to make your stay a comfortable one.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I STAYED HERE FOR 3 NIGHTS.HOTEL LOCATED WELL AWAY FROM CITY CENTRE SO THE LOCATION IS LESS CROWDED.HOTEL ROOMS ARE SPACIOUS WITH HARDWOOD FLOORING.COLONIAL STYLE CONSTRUCTION ADDING A DIFFERENT CHARM TO THE HOTEL. CORRIDOORS ARE TILED WHICH CAUSING LOUD NOISE WHILE ANYBODY WALKING THROUGH.
STAFF ARE VERY VERY SERVICE ORIENTED WITH EXCELLENT HOSPITALITY.

ClOSE PROXIMITY NOT MUCH INTERESTING THINGS TO SEE.Nearest shopping malls 15 MInutes walk away.
While crossing the roads you must be very careful, even green man traffic wont stop.better to look for somebody crossing the road and follow them which safer. Restaurants around here serving wide variety of food including specialities like snake head.
If you are interested in buying wooden carvings which is very cheap (in airport souvenir shops are selling at high price) then you can visit nearby MINH KHAI market which is 10 minutes walking.Need to bargain for a better deal.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest

My apologize for taking quite while to come back to you!

Thank you very much for the nice recommendations and comments towards our AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View, we appreciate it.

We will, for sure, continuously improve our service as well as the conditions in overall to meet our guests' expectations.

Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you back to our AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View very soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I could be of any assistance to make your stay with us the memorable one.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Have stayed in so many Hotels in Hai Phong before, so when i stumbled upon a great offer on TA i decided to give Habour View a try this time.

Service at the hotel is fair, was told upon checkin that my room did not include Free Wifi which did not bother me but there is free Wifi all over when i did a scan with my phone. Firstly in Vietnam Wifi is free in also every establishment and since I could still log in FOC to Wifi being broadcast to my room just makes me think that the hotel was just trying to inconvenience me n the beginning.

Lobby and architecture of the building is old french colonial style making the whole place look grand. The rooms on the other hand i did not like very much, firstly there was a moldy stench when i entered the room. I tried airing the room but Whenever we left and got back to the room the smell was still there. This means probably the carpets needs a good scrubbing. Everything in the room was aged and in my opinion in need of a refurbishment. The pillows in my room were horribly high and stiff. My Wife and I ended up sleeping without them. Bathroom was nice and bright with good selection of amenities. Requested a room with a view but was given a room facing the office building opposite.

Buffet breakfast was simple with an average spread of food but I really appreciate the fact that they gave me a 3pm Late checkout FOC.

I do believe because of the lack of good hotels in Hai Phong is why this hotel is that much appreciated on TA but comparing with other parts of Vietnam, it should be improved.

Room Tip: Request a room with a Good View.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHarbourview, Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to express our thanks for staying with us recently, and the valued comments that would help us to improve our service overall as always.

All the points raised from the comments have been reviewed with our team here, most of the matters were believed that could be improved with the proper preparations and communications. Our hotel is not brand new, but we constatntly maintain it to the best. Also, the renovation process in on the way.

Once again, thank you very much and I am looking forward to having you staying with us again in the future. Please contact me any time and I will personally take care of your requirements to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable at the Harbour View.

With warmest regards

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is a local 4* establishment and it was extremely comfortable and enjoyable. Hotel is housed in an old French style building making it very classy.

Rooms were spacious and clean.

WiFi was jumpy at times in rooms but I don't complain about free stuff.

All staff were courteous at all times and never failed to greet me when our paths crossed.

Breakfast buffet was good, not too much variety but sufficient to give me some variety for my 3 days stay including a hot pho station and an omelette station.

Location wide I can't comment since I didn't get the chance to tour but the hotel is located off the main street, which keeps it away from the incessant honking of Vietnamese traffic.

All in all, it was a good place to stay and would highly recommended for business travelers.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMHarbourview, Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for choosing the Harbour View.

We, including all hotel's associates, are very happy and encouraged with the comments from you, which is very valuable ones.

Our aim is always to reach and exceed our guests' expectations, value their stays, and make a "home away from home".

Once again thank you very much and look forward to welcoming you back to the Harbour View. Should you need any assistance for your next stays, please let me know.

With warmest regards,

HCM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I'm very happy to stay here a few days to enjoined service, Foods...The hotel is very clean and comfortable, the staff were very very pleasant and accommodating, and the breakfast was great. The hotel is well maintained; nice swimming pool and a fitness with full equipments.
For sure I will back in future

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
GMHarbourview, Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013

Thank you for your supported encouragement towards the Harbour View

We are very happy to learn that you were enjoying the service as well as the friendly environment that's created by our associates ay the Harbour View. It really made us feel that we are valued in doing the right things.

Once again thank you very much and looking forward to welcoming back to the Harbour View in the future

Warmest regards,

Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I just spent two pleasant nights here and I would definitely stay here again. The hotel is super clean and comfortable, the staff couldn't be more pleasant and accommodating, and the buffet breakfast was great. The hotel has a vintage feel and it is well maintained; there's an undiscovered, nice swimming pool and a very workable fitness room. A little updating of furniture would vault the place to a solid 4-star status. The location is convenient to the expat friendly dining and nightlife area. My only complaint is that there's really no harbor to speak of! The better rooms, non-smoking anyway, are on the first floor and the views are described as "city," which translates as "car park," in reality. The staff was more than willing to relocate me, but the options were all similar. Nevertheless, other properties in town don't seem nearly as congenial, so I'd return.

Room Tip: If you're a smoker, ask for the highest floor! Probably better views up there!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMHarbourview, Manager at AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for such great encouragement towards our Harbour View Hotel.

We are so happy to learn that you were happy with your stay recently, and most of the things were up to your expectation.

Also, some of your advises on the upgrading of some certain facilities were very valuable for us, it helped us to add in or push up the plan to be executed.

We very much appreciate your comments, and look forward to welcoming back to the Harbour View very soon.

Warmest regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to AVANI Hai Phong Harbour View Hotel? Share your experiences!