“Second home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 27 hotels in Haiphong
Vancouver, Canada
“Second home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for about almost a month and literally made this resort my second home. The hotel suites were spacious and livable. It almost felt like a very small loft since there was a kitchenette and a small dining table. The king size beds were amazingly comfortable and the view facing the golf course looked like a dream. Song Gia complex resort is undenyingly beautiful. The service we received was great except for the language barrier. Thank God my boyfriend spoke the language, otherwise it would have been a headache at times. Most of the staff at the resort were often very kind and helpful especially the males. Most, if not all the males went above and beyond expectations for service. There was a time were I cut my finger and had a minor cut and asked the front desk if they had a bandaid and the lady just said "no" and I asked if there was a place I can find one and she said "no." I understand that travelling to a foreign country I should have those things on hand in my suitcase but being in a "luxury" resort I would expect them to have a first aid kit or something? But I guess not. Also there was no wifi in the suites only on the first floor. They only have the internet plug-in in the rooms. I asked the front desk if it was possible to get wi-fi in the rooms and the same lady who was unhelpful about bandaids said "no." I was a bit irritated from the answer and asked "why not? Isn't this a 5 star hotel?" She said "this hotel isn't rated yet." I was getting frustrated because I had my iPad with me and wanted to use wi-fi in my room. I guess the language barrier couldn't explain why they didn't have wi-fi in the rooms but later that day I asked a male at the front desk about wi-fi in the rooms and he made a phone call and told me that they don't have any extra routers and they're being all used up. I really appreciated his answer because he made an effort to find out and gave me a reason instead of saying "no." Other than that the services were perfect. The location is quite far from the main part of Haiphong but this resort is perfect for those who love to golf!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

3 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

A beautiful, new hotel, each room is equipped with mod-cons and kitchenette. Efficient, friendly service, except for irritating glitch concerning early morning taxi booking, done the night before via general manager who refused to take responsibility for taxi arriving 45 minutes late, which led to me being late for my appointment.

TripAdvisor should have a category to rate F&B. Food here was ok, but a bit bizarre - Indonesian/Malaysian nasi goreng was served with Parmesan cheese.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Song Gia Resort Complex? Share your experiences!