“A one night stay on our tour.” 3 of 5 stars

Can Tho Golf Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Hai Ba Trung Street, Can Tho 20513, Vietnam   |
Ranked #21 of 42 Hotels in Can Tho
Whiteley
“A one night stay on our tour.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Can Tho Golf Hotel

First impressions of this hotel was very good, large entrance and grand. We had a room on the forth floor, Rm405 I think, facing the rear of the hotel, overlooking the pool. Room was spacious with two large twin beds, en-suite and the usual facilities, tea, coffee & toiletries. Also two small complimentary bottles of water supplied each day.
Although the view wasn't great, it was peaceful, well that's what we thought. When we returned after our evening meal we could hear the constant beat from the club next door. Earplugs were useful that night. Fell asleep quite quick so not sure what time it finished but awoke at 0200hrs and it was quiet. As we were only here for one night, Wednesday, not sure if the noise was a nightly thing.
Breakfast was varied, fruit, mixture of hot & cold food with eggs cooked to order.
As this hotel was at the end of the promenade and the road appeared to end I wouldn’t think there was much noise from traffic, I didn’t hear any comments from the rest of our group.
Used the swimming pool, although not very long was enough to swim and relax. Free wifi with password.
Had a bit of a problem with the air-con unit when we arrived, it was leaking. After reporting it, an engineer was soon in our room repairing it, causing little disturbance to us. After that we had no problem. The main unit of the air conditioning was between two room’s balconys blowing hot air across the balcony making it unpleasant to sit there, as if it wasn’t hot enough already.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel might have less noise than the back but...........
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Northborough, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Amazing view of the river from our room. Room was nice by a bit dated. Very short(low) shower in the tub. OK breakfast.
The location is the best aspect of this hotel, in a very intrestering section of the city by the river and night market.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Adelaide
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel back in March 2012 and was disgusted at the condition my room was in. I stayed in a Deluxe River View Room and the carpet and walls in the main area were dirty and stained. We couldn't enjoy the balcony as the airconditioning unit blows hot air right where you would stand and it was too hot inside to turn the aircon off. The bathroom was absolutely covered in black mould. I am used to seeing a bit of mould in hotel bathrooms throughout Asia, but this was the worst I have ever seen. I dreaded having to go into the bathroom and felt dirty after leaving. The shower was a useless hand held contraption that was controlled with a dial that didn't work properly and as a result I got scalded on my torso halfway through my shower. My friend had a big dirty stain on her sheets and was too tired to call down to reception to get them changed so she slept on top of the covers.

If this hotel wants to call itself 4 star then I would suggest it begin a massive renovation project. Until then I would recommend staying somewhere else.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This 4-star hotel in Can Tho was actually better than the 5-star hotel I just came from in HCMC.

I was upgraded to a Deluxe Room… judging from the other photos and reviews on TripAdvisor, the Deluxe Rooms are significantly better than the “Superior” (i.e. standard) rooms. And not that much more expensive, so definitely worth the upgrade.

The Deluxe Room I stayed (Room #504) was very nice and large, with a great and comfortable sitting area. The bed was huge and comfy. The TV was pretty small, but had some good English channels including a few movie channels. The views of the river from were also nice.

Only problem was the very loud party boats coasting up and down the river… although every hotel on the riverfront will have the same problem. Seemed to quiet down by about 10pm.

Free wifi throughout the entire hotel.

I made the mistake of ordering Western food from the room-service menu (please see my photos… I should have stuck with local food). The breakfast was average.

Regarding the service levels, other reviewers had some bad experiences, but my experience was OK. It’s true that the front counter was often unattended, and I had to call three times to order room-service, but it wasn’t that big a deal. And, despite being told on check-in that Amex was accepted, my card wouldn’t work in their machine. I realized they didn’t have an Amex symbol on the credit-card machine, but they insisted the fault was with my card (despite using the same card immediately before and after this transaction). Annoying, but not a deal-breaker.

I would stay again.

Room Tip: Essential... upgrade to Deluxe Room!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This hotel is depressingly shabby, our room was severely in need of an upgrade, and the food at the buffet breakfast was of very disappointingly poor quality.
Our shower stall was awful, with so much mould that I’m surprised it hasn’t been replaced or remediated.
Fortunately we only stayed here one night with a tour group. The hotel’s only saving grace is its location opposite the river.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
US
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I don't understand how this hotel remains open. It's dingy, and the staff are cold and rude. Never again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Stayed one night as part of a tour group and was quite disappointed. The foyer is lovely but in general the hotel needs a 'spruce up' with the pool area in particular very unattractive. Whilst the hotel is in a good location, right near the river, the rooms need serious renovation. Our room had burn holes in the carpet and the wierdest shower/bath I have ever seen. There was also a door to connect to an adjoining room, with very little sound-proofing, leaving us listening to the people next door. Breakfast was very ordinary, and service was almost non-existent. To top it off, the lift was unreliable - luckily I was not one of the ones stuck in there, and no staff seemed to respond to the alarm. Overall, I'm sure there are nicer hotels in Can Tho.

Room Tip: They tried to charge us an extra $35 for a river view room (which we declined) but we got a river vi...
Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Can Tho Golf Hotel? Share your experiences!