“Ancient temples ruins in beautiful surrounding” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 21 Attractions in Sukhothai
Type: Historic Sites, National Parks, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the banks of the Yom River, the ruins of this ancient town that was formerly called “Muang Chaliang” contains more than 134 monuments from the past.
Dayton, Ohio
25 attraction reviews
“Ancient temples ruins in beautiful surrounding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Si Satchanalai Historical Park is certainly worth visiting if you are interested in history, Buddhism, or nature. It is less than an hour north of Sukhothai by car. Like Sukhothai Historical Park, this park is best toured on a bike that you can rent at the entrance.. There are interesting ruins of historic Buddhist temples from around 13th century in beautiful natural surrounding..

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Taipei, Taiwan
50 attraction reviews
“Visit if u ve time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Reached this place with ronny-cycling tour by car since I travelled alone and I heard the bus takes much time.the entry ticket was 100 baht, a nice lady let ronny in without paying :) I saw one big wat with many elephant images on the wall,too bad we cudnt enter it.the board mentioned not to enter and beware of bees. The park s smaller than sukhothai and to me its under restored. Some wats located quite isolated as well and I didn't see any security at each wat like wat u see in sukhothai.the stupas r quite nice but again its just ok.u may skip this if u don't ve time.I don't regret going there but yes I'd prefer to see sukhothai more

Visited October 2013
shanghai
10 attraction reviews
“As good as Sukothai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

50km from Sukothai historic park, this is as good as Sukothai with less people. If you don't mind the heat, rent a bike, or get a car to drive you around the sites. You can see Si Satchanalai in one afternoon, then see Sukothai the next morning or do it in one day, but one day require you to have a car drive you around. But the art and history of this place is in my opinion better then even Angkor or Bagan (which we visited).

Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
7 attraction reviews
“As untouch as it meant to be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This place is a little difficult for me to get there as I was travelling alone. But I did managed to reach and I'm glad I did. The place is left virtually untouched with minimum maintenance. Its a bit quite as there are not many visitors. There is a B100 entrance fees but collection is not enforced.

Visited August 2013
Shenzhen, China
“very peaceful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I like the environment here, trees and grass everywhere, and very few people, feeling that I am the owner of the park. It feels so good to travel around by bicyle, very impressive.
I went there from old sukhothai, we got up at 6:30 but it took a long time for us to catch a bus to new sukhothai bus station. we arrived at this park at around 10:30 and beceaus of the trees we didn't hot at the beginning. but when we returned at about 1:30, it is extremely hot. so it would be better to be there earlier.
at new sukhothai bus station, the staff told us the first bus come back was 2pm