“very nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sila Resort

You added Sila Resort to your Saves list
Sila Resort
3/49 M. 1 Watkhooha Suwan Rd, T. Pakkaew A. Muang, Sukhothai 64000, Thailand   |
Ranked #7 of 32 Sukhothai B&B and Inns
Barcelona, Spain
“very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I really enjoyed staying there, they were really helpful, the restaurant was good and they treated me like really great although I stayed in the cheapest room they had. they have free pick up from the bus station and free bike rental and although its a bit off town, it is a very good choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was amazing how friendly the stuff was! Even we did not expect it, we were picked up and welcomed really really nice! The resort is beautiful decorated and has a certain charm! To get into center, we could borrow bicycles for free, also the daily shuttle services to center or to the terminal did not cost anything and they helped us organising our tour to the historical park (also really nice because not that many tourists)!
Well our family really would recommend this resort - the resort of smiling!

• Stayed August 2013
The Hague, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a twin room and we were not pleased with it. Ofcourse we expect bugs in Asia, but we haven't had any problems in our five week Asia trip except at this place! The ceiling was very nasty with dead bugs spread out on the ceiling, and every now and then one falling off the ceiling on the bed. Also, it is very far away from old Sukhothai (you have to take a tuk-tuk to get there) and a 10-minute bike ride to the centre of New Sukhothai. Good thing that you can rent bikes for free at the resort. But for the rest, it doesn't live up to that name at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is the place to go, I'd definitely come back. The staff is the most helpful and nicest people we came across in a month-trip round Thailand. They will be waiting you with a smile in their face despite you check in late at night. They will help you with everything you may need and will offer themselves to help you without even ask them to. For instance, they offered to go to the bus station and buy the tickets to Chiang Mai, of course, free of charge.

They give you a ride up to the place where the tuk-tuks leave for the ancient ruins of Sukhothai, which are 14km away.

They will also pick you up when you arrive to Sukhotai for the first time, unless it is late in the evening, as it was our case. In the event of arriving late at night to the Sukhothai bus station, the tuk-tuk mafia will gather around you and will offer their services at an abusive price. You'd better arrange a good price and take one because there is no other way to get to the hotel. Going on foot is not an option. Though close to the station, there is a huge walk and the street is really dark and full of dog packs. You do not want to walk there, I promise. That was my big mistake.

The hotel is located a bit far from the town, nevertheless they offer you bikes to go there and it is five minutes away. However, the new Sukhothai has nothing to see. The ancient ruins complex is far away, but there are no hotels there. So the location in this town has no strategic value, you will be far from everything in any other hotel.

The hotel has a very nice restaurant, with tasty food and good prices. So you don't need to move far. You will have everything you need right there.

The rooms are very clean and comfortable, with air con functioning properly and silently (something you will not find in every place claiming to have air con). They have two shared bathrooms. Do not expect fancy facilities in there, however they are clean and we never had to wait to come in since it is only shared with 3 other rooms.

In general terms, this is one of the best places I stayed in and I would come back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I met a friend here back in November - we both didn't arrive until 2:00 am Saturday morning (there were tuk tuks waiting) but the staff was still ready and pleasant upon our arrival. The place is adorable and clean with FREE bikes! They were incredibly helpful and attentive when it came to questions about touring Sukhothai as well as arranging a ride to the bus station. This place is lovely a real treat for such an affordable price. It's only 5 minutes from the bus station as well as a quick ride into town where you can grab the bus to the ruins. They also have a small open air restaurant to eat/relax at. I would highly recommend this b&b.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
chiang mai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at Sila Resort for 2 nights during a solo cycling tour to Chiang Mai. Easy enough to find, and far enough away from the city to be relaxing yet easily walkable to the main tourist areas. Chris, Eve and the rest of the staff were amazing, really helpful throughout and even gave me a lift into town to see the walking market and to the bus stop for the historical park. Chris especially - he sat down with me and helped me plan my route up north and gave me advice about where to stay en route, as well as advice about local bike shops (even the security staff helped out by lending me some tools to fix my bike).

Perhaps for the first time in Thailand I didn't eat anywhere else apart from the resort restaurant, cheap and very good food. The resort itself was superb, really nice atmosphere and nicely decorated. My room was very clean and bright, and this was the cheapest room in the place (fan room with shared bathroom). They seemed to have rooms for various budgets, so plenty of options there.

A really pleasant surprise considering the price, exactly what I was looking for. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Sila Resort to anyone. Cheers guys (and Chris, I made it to Chiang Mai... The scenery on that route was pretty special, even though the mountains were hard work!). If I get the chance to go back, I'll be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a windows, although this is a personal choice I suppose.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed for two nights in the double bedroom with A/C. I was picked up by Chris in his minivan after a long journey from the bus station. After being shown my room by the young friendly staff I had an excellent and prompt meal from the resorts' restaurant. The room was clean and had many plug sockets to charge both my phone and digital camera. The resort was quiet but there was some music coming from a local bar that I could hear faintly before i went to bed. The next day I was dropped off conveniently at the bus stop so I could travel to the historical site. I was also given great information and where to eat, local massage parlour and where the night market was located.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Sila Resort? Share your experiences!