“restaurant” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 Phitsanulok B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

checked out restaurant as very hungry and ordered right away...then everything went wrong. no electric, before ordering we found out but failed to mention. no fans very hot, mosquitos and no cool drinks. food ordered they didnt have, ok but it took 10 mins to find out.
nice place it seems but very badly managed wont go again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Thai first
Sriracha, Chon Buri, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

If your destinations are along the high way Phitsanuloak and Lomsak you may take a break or spend some nights in this resort.
I visited this resort 4-5 times during past 10 years. Everytime my family goes to Phu Hin Rong Kla or Khao Khor I will stay here for 2 nights at least. The rooms in this resort are getting harder to see from the entrance. Main big trees are in good condition thru the years and more and more combinations. I did not expect 3-4 stars hotel services but as it is local resort business I'm happy to say that it is good as it is. Last time I visit the rain forest resort was in new year holidays Jan 1-2, 2012 and the feeling was still good like you met old friend.
Thailand winter will be the best season for me to visit but I prefer to try resort's special trip of kayak or rafting in its seson.
I visited many big > small resorts and 2-5 stars hotels in in TH but I found this is local runing resort business with the mind of big corporate CSR (may be better by heart) to make not only money but for local social networking too. Try to visit and also to talk with them as well.
J.P. Asit

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Penang
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My family and I visited Rainforest resort in Feb this year. It was our third visit in the last five years. The latest addition to the resort is the farm to promote organic farming and create awareness of recycling. It is situated five minutes' walk away from the Resort. During the trip, we also took a walk to the nearest waterfall Kaeng Song at Khek river. It is located ten minutes away by foot.
Just like our previous trip, we enjoyed the beautiful rainforest landscaping and a good getaway from the city.
Service and food were excellent.
We look forward to returning again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This place iis a paradise on earth after a long break of our journey from Chiangmai. Dinner amids green rain forest was an awesome welcome. Chill of fresh green forest is a true memory of our first morning followed by a lazy day by the river. Staying here for two days offer us a wonderful and memorable time rarely found elsewhere we have been before. The food here is neatly prepared and care in details. We enjoy some refresh herbal drink and home made ice cream for us and the kids. Hope we stay here again one day. One of our UK friends will definitely come back. for their holidays. .. we have friends and family travelling togather.

Room Tip: for nature lover's it a must.. there are activities u can do here like bike up the mount, ralf a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Phetchabun, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

As a resort owner on Khao Kho, Phetchabun, staying at the other resorts is not far beyond a resort owner should do.
At first I planned to stay there only one night because I was not sure about my ability to handle the humidity there at Phitsanulok. But you know what, I stayed total 3 nights there even this place is not far from my home !!!
After my business done there, I extended my stay.
I checked in very late at night but there still at least one person at the front desk who was really helpful. The staff were so welcome and was so really "ready to help".
Besides, the Rain Forest Resort have their own vegetable garden not far from there. I realized every dishes from their kitchen are made from what they can grow with no doubt.
Even the climate was a bit humid than Khao Kho but having an air conditioner in my bedroom is another good choice which does not have any conflict with their rain forest concept.
As a resort owner, it depends on their guests to hit the air-con on or off. If you are an environment mania, you try go without air-con. At least, Rain Forest Resort have the air-con rooms on service.
I told myself that I will be back, to sit in the nature, to see the river changes its color on every season.
You have to get there and feel it yourself !!!

Room Tip: Your request will be considered as a very important thing.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I have stayed at the Rainforest Resort three times, the most recent stay was five nights and I look forward to returning again.

Some words that I think describe the resort are: innovative, educational, environmentally friendly, and relaxing.

As you can tell from the on-line photos the design of the resort is unique with very tasteful touches. In addition the birds mentioned in an earlier review now have their own aviary which is visible from the restaurant and a swimming / wading pool is being planned.

The resort is developing it's own farm (a 10 minute walk from the resort) to grow pesticide free crops and herbs, raise wild boar / chickens / rabbits, compost and recycle materials from the resort (including food wastes, cooking oils, and wood), and demonstrate sustainable farming and conservation measures to farmers.

Ken, the resort owner, is head of the district tourism association and gives frequent talks and lectures at local schools and universities. He is a strong advocate for "The Kings Project" methods of self sufficiency and environmental health. They even produce their own herb based body wash and shampoo and it is wonderful.

Oh did I mention there is a lovely water fall a short walk from the resort? The Rain Forest takes pride in organizing an annual river cleanup project with local school kids to teach and involve students in becoming environmentally aware. I attach one photo of the water fall.

In summary let me say that the Rainforest is not a luxorious cookie cutter resort, but a unique and exciting place to stay, relax, and learn.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but for large groups the Bungalow for 6 nearest the restaurant is wonderful...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

A lovely retreat and stay over place with super bungalows in a riverside setting, ver beautiful and oeaceful, very few foreigners, very good value for money.

Room Tip: al the rooms are set near the river, the nearer the better as the sound of the river and river edge...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Rain Forest Resort? Share your experiences!