“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 stars 63 Reviews
Haifa, Israel
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed at the "glass house" it was very beautiful, big enough for 2, the resort is right next to the river, has a nice view, very quiet, staff is great! Super nice and friendly, helped us with everything. breakfast was OK, this place is not for people who are
Looking for a place that has everything in the resort without having to go outside, its a good place price is fair for what you get, environment is tranquil and peaceful, well main tend , shower needs a renovation in my opinion (was a little dirty and its walls need to be painted again) everything else was very nice

Stayed December 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We were really impressed with the grounds our bungalow was on when arriving at Rim Pai Cottage! Such beautifull surriundings, very peaceful. Room was fine, minimalist decoration, which i like. Good bathroom, spacious, slight issue with the drain not working very well. Easily solved. Location is excellent, right on the river and the walking street, but none of the noise. five mins from the busstation. breakfast nice too, nice spot to sit and relax. Staff was very friendly, accomodating and professional, all of them from manager to breakfast man. Probably best service we encountered during our trip in Thailand. Would definitely recommend!

Pai is nice, for a day or two, but then continue your trip to eg Mae hong son, much more authentic. We hiked to the waterfall Mae Paeng while in Pai, three hours up and two off. Not much to see during the trek (on the concrete road) nor at the waterfall. Was an ok walk though. Lots of stray dogs or kept dogs that guard their properties, would recommend carrying a DHS (dog hitting stick) just for intimidating them-works wonders. Walking street is also good, lots of nice food and quirky characters.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had a great time staying at Rim Pai, they do have free parking for hotel guests, the cottages are right on the water and there is a swing and or chairs you can use to lay and read or relax in down next to the river. The Lady at the front desk was very nice and was able to tell me good places to eat and go to when I told her what I wanted to do or what type of food I wanted. Several of the staff do speak English which is very convenient for me people like me that don't speak Thai. Another great thing is that there are several different pillows on the bed all different hardness and thickness so it made for great sleep when I found the perfect one. There are also tones of green plants makes you feel like you are in the forest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Red Bank, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Rim Pai Cottage offers rooms ranging from charming but basic bungalows (for about $16 USD per night) up to very spacious aircon rooms with a balcony. The grounds of the hotel are gorgeous and right on the river. The best part of our stay at the Rim Pia cottage was the lady who runs the guesthouse. The girl I was traveling with got sick and the manager/owner came to our bungalow with medicine for her. I wasn't feeling well the day we left and she suggested that we have a late checkout so that I could lay around in the room until our bus left. We had such a positive experience with the Rim Pai Cottage I would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've spend 4 nights in a lovely aircon cottage at Rim Pai and I loved it. Spaceous, clean and comfortable. Because of low season I got an attractive rate (1100 bath). The location is very central! Friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in RP21 (I believe..).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I've been to quite a few countries in Asia and stayed in a lot of guesthouse, but I don't think any compare to Rim Pai. We even extended our stay in Pai by another day because we couldn't leave Rim Pai!

Firstly, the bed is incredible. As most places in Thailand give you a gym mat for a mattress, it was a welcome relief to have a bed that was so comfortable I didn't want to get up in the morning and leave. The shower is genuinely hot and of a good pressure and the staff clean the room without you having to hassle them to do so (a rarity in Thailand).

Definitely worth staying here. The only drawback is the viciously loud cicadas in the day, but this is hardly the hotel's fault!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
brighton uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed here and it is lovely. Set in beautiful gardens that you feel you are miles from the hustle and bustle of Pai.however step out of the front gates and you are right on the pai walking street where you can get any food or drinks you need. The staff are lovely and live on site, it is like you have been invited into their home. All the bungalows are wooden and have rustic charm. The price is a little high but the location and serenity of the surroundings make it worth every penny. We had problems with our motorbike and they helped us sort it all out. For that we will be forever grateful. What a wonderful place and I would stay here every time I'm in Pai.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Rim Pai Cottage? Share your experiences!