“A traumatizing experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Indiana Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pai
Indiana Cottage
You added Indiana Cottage to your Saves list
274 Moo 1 | Maehee, Pai 58130, Thailand   |
Ranked #13 of 109 Specialty Lodging in Pai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tahoe City, California
“A traumatizing experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Before my trip to Pai, I read many good reviews about Indiana cottages, and also read the terrible ones. And as much as the terrible reviews sound ludicrous, they all make sense after my brief stay at Indiana cottages.

I arrived at Indiana cottages and it seemed very pleasant. The owner Sarah, was friendly and helpful in providing me with a nice clean room. I was the only person staying at Indiana that night. Sarah prepared dinner and it was delicious. She was also kind enough to share a few beers.

It was my first night in Pai and I had planned to go out in town. Sarah requested that I join her in going out to show me some bars. Since I was unfamiliar with the town of Pai and I was traveling alone, I agreed to go.

As the night progressed meeting new friends at different places, things took a turn for the worst. The owner Sarah became belligerently drunk and tried to fight a man I had just met. Then demanded to know where he was staying, threatening him and myself with false absurd accusations. At that point, I was very afraid to stay at Indiana cottages after being threatened, sexually harassed and put into a very uncomfortable situation by the owner, Sarah.

Luckily I was able to get out of my room that night.

I am traumatized by Sarah and his actions that night. I will always remember Pai as the night I almost stayed at Indiana cottages.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
Kampot, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for our first few nights in Pai. It's situated directly on the river and has all the beauty of nature around it. Sarah is great fun and has a wicked sense of humour. When my boyfriend got a little bit sick, she went out of her way to be helpful. I'm surprised to read negative reviews about the insects. The bungalows are traditional style so you need to expect some insects. I lived in Cambodia with similar accommodation and bugs are no indicator of cleanliness, it just happens when you stay in a bungalow. If you want an experience to connect with nature, have a great view, great location and enjoy a friendly, welcoming atmosphere, then stay here.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

One of the best place of our travel... during 4 month travelling that eas the best wellcome and the best moments we shared at this place...
Sara takes a special care for our children who diden't want to leave anymore...
Calm place by the river side, near the market for the evening!
Every evening she offered the dinner, very tasty, and her smile will stand for ever in my heart!!!
Great wellcome, feel like at home, much love and shareness!!!
Big thanks to you!!!

Stayed February 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Amazing place with great atmosphere where Sarah makes your stay unforgettable with delicious dinners (for free) and awesome poker nights...
A great place to meet cool people and have good times...

Can't wait to go back there in the future!!

PS: Sara is awesoooome =)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had the best time at indiana cottage! Sarah the guesthouse owner was really friendly and made our stay in Pai outstanding. She cooked us dinner every night. It had the feeling of a hostel. As everyone would chill in the open air lobby. But you had your own bungelow. And it was practically on the walkingstreet. I would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed February 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

If u have a good sense of humour and want a laugh this is the place to be.

Sarah your host is honestly hilarious and a very attentative. She cooks you fantastic local cuisine every night and is happy to show you the town on an epic night out. The other staff are just as accommodating and sweat!!

Warning she will give u a nick name on arrival. Don't b offended it is all in jest. Mine was butch hense the title of my review.

Sarah is an amazing woman who quite honestly changed my perception of the world. If you are ready for your eyes to be opened to new things, this is the place to be.

I LOVE U SARAH!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

You HAVE to stay here if you come to Pai! Adorable little bamboo huts on the side of the river. Very rustic but super clean and the grounds are absolutely beautiful.

What REALLY makes Indiana Cottage special though are the people! The lovely Sarah owns the place with her furry friends, dogs Shisha and Sambuca and they are some of the best hosts Ive ever had!! Be sure that Sarah will head into town to market to pick up supplies for dinner and will cook for everyone! She makes you feel like youre home and brings everyone in the guest house close together with her hospitality.

A great time for sure whether shes showing you the bars in Pai or youre just hanging out at the guest house. Indiana Cottage is the best place I stayed in Thailand and Sarah is for sure the reason why!

Cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Rooms are definitely not sound proof and are very rustic but there are private washrooms in each of...