“The only reason I gave it even 1 circle...” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 78 Restaurants in Pai
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: This restaurant is onthe premsis of Baan Pai Village Resort in Pai Town,Thailand
Quito, Ecuador
“The only reason I gave it even 1 circle...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

is because it had some mediocre live music when I was there and that the french fries were pretty good when it first came out. I ordered a rib eye done medium rare, specifying that I wanted to see red. When the steak came, it was well done kinda scrappy looking. I got one of the waiters over and informed him I wanted medium rare, with some red, but he didn't really speak English. Another guy comes over and tells me that is medium rare. I told him that wasn't medium rare. After going back and forth a bit, he finally was willing to help switch the steak. Meanwhile, I went over to a computer that was in the restaurant area to use internet. The computer was super slow, so I really didn't get to use much of it. There was a guy playing guitar and singing that night. Then I hear the second guy commanding me to go over as the new steak was done. I am the customer and don't need to be commanded to (really poor service). I went over, the fries were still the same ones and got to be a bit cold. The steak, looked more like a steak, but when I cut into it, it was just slightly seared on top. I could not chew on the steak. It also seemed like the steak was not the rib eye I ordered. It was of a very low quality cut. I explained that the steak needed to be cooked a bit more and expressed my doubt about it being a ribeye. The second waiter said that the restaurant only had 3 types of steaks: t-bone, ribeye and tenderloin. In the midst of all this, an American guy walks over to me and said he couldn't help but overhear our conversation. He said he had a problem with his ribeye as well. He thought his ribeye was pork, not beef. Oh, also, the ribeye I had smelled of lighter fluid (really not pleasant!) We all went over to his table. He said that the meat was white instead of red. I said to him that it's probably beef, but a very inferior cut, which is why he thinks it might be pork.

In any case, after dinner, I decided to speak to the manager about this poor experience from supposedly the self proclaimed "best steakhouse in Pai". I asked the hostess to call the manager over. The manager was the 2nd waiter!!! The same, rude guy that commanded me to come over and the one that argued with me about the steak being medium rare!

Do yourself a favor and avoid this place at all costs!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Thai first
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“A mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I tried this restaurant after spotting it a couple of days back and liking the look of it.

This staff our fantastic here, polite and efficient. They had a good musician on who was in good humour. The place is clean, the service great and the price was fine……why the average score you ask?

The steak was bad!! The soup, the vegetables, french fries everything was good, my girlfriends chicken was nice to…..but the steak was very poor…..and this is after all a steakhouse.

Sort this factor out and they have a fantastic place.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Nice enough ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

If you are going to call it 'steak' you'd want to get the steak up to a standard. It looked like an old boot but in all honestly tasted okay and the accompaniments were generous and decent, if cold.

The music was kitsch and venue comfortable and cosy.

Sometimes reviewers get wowed by the price and adjust expectations accordingly. The price was reasonable, but the steak was not really very good.

Osaka Prefecture, Japan
“Good steak,fun music,service excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I was surprise to find this cowboy steak house here in Pai.All staff are dressed in cowboy and girl uniforms .Steak is quite good for the price.Good selection of wine served.guitarist who performed nightly is quite entertaining.The short cowboy waiter is quite talkative and entertaining.

Visited January 2014
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“Great night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My friend and I arrived after the kitchen had closed. No problem! We had a delicious meal with a bottle of New Zealand (Marlbourgh) Sauvignon Blanc. As an avid meat eater, self proclaimed steak cooking expert, and kiwi boy I was thoroughly impressed with my ribeye. Cooked to perfection. Prices were reasonable and the bottle of wine was a lot cheaper than I would've anticipated (650 Thb). My friend (who is a Thai chef) was also thoroughly impressed and heaped praise on the manager and staff (while I just kept repeating aloi mak mak krup). Thanks team and all the best for the future. Hope to see you again!