“Best part of Thailand. Brilliant & Professional!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Buddha View Dive Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Tao
Buddha View Dive Resort
You added Buddha View Dive Resort to your Saves list
45/1 Moo 3 | Surrthani, Ko Tao, Thailand   |
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Ko Tao
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Best part of Thailand. Brilliant & Professional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Loved it here.
Went with friends who did their PADI, was only supposed to go for 3 nights and stayed a week.
Prior to going I was petrified of the sea, Buddha View and their brilliant dive team got me leaving the island having completed 4 dives.
The bar is super cool, accommodation is a bit grim but i've stayed in worse in Thailand. It the team that really make this place. Brilliant, I hope to return one day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Would thoroughly recommend diving with these guys whether you're taking a course or just fun diving, we did not want to leave!
My girlfriend and I took our Rescue Diver course here and had an awesome time! The courses and fun dives were great value for money especially compared to some more well known centres on the island. The staff were great and put us up in a neighbouring resort as we had booked a course and they were full but we kept coming back to the restaurant and the amazing bbq and drinks at the friendly 'Buddha bar' in the evening made our stay even better!
A special mention to Cory our instructor who was brilliant! Friendly, professional, knowledgeable and great fun!
Also had some great dives with Buddha view guys Costa, Jamie, Manola and of course thanks to Elliot our favourite DMT rescue dummy, cheers 'noodle'!

Room Tip: book ahead as it is a popular place!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I dived here in December and found the Instructors, Course Directors and Divemasters to be brilliant!

I didnt stay on the resort itself so can't comment on that part, but the Beach Bar, shop, facilities and location were perfect.

Highly recommended and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I'm a young traveller on a budget and after paying 450B each for a "deluxe" double room there I expected at least a clean room everyday - with fresh linen and towels and too not have to pay 100B to use their wifi DAILY and for each person. When I asked for clean towels the receptionist just laughed and said they had no cleaners passed 11am and that I should of come earlier - something I was not made aware of before or given information about inside my hotel room. I understand this place is a diving resort but I believe every paying customer should be treated equally. If I hadn't got a "deluxe" room I would of had to pay 250B for linen, toilet roll and clean towels. Pathetic, rude and unfriendly service! Never again!

• Stayed January 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

First off, you have to take Buddha View for what it is: a dive center that offers accommodation, not a hotel/guest house that offers diving.

I have no complaints as far as accomodation goes. The bathrooms were clean enough, although the water was typical "island quality". The private balcony was nice, and the fan was powerfull and effective.

The dives were very satisfying. They do five dives a day, two morning, two afternoon and one night, and the divesites are anounced the day before. Just pick and choose at 700 bath a dive all included, which is a very good price. The dives were led by friendly and professional divemasters who really know the sites, in relatively small groups. Shout out to Costa and Andrea. If you get one of these you are in good hands.

The daily afternoon bbq is worth the stay alone. Pick and choose from fresh meat, fish and seafood, and enjoy your meal at the beach bar.

Again, this is a dive center, first and foremost. If you want a hotel, find a hotel. If you want peace and quiet, there are other parts of the island for that. If you want to dive, then your stay at Buddha View will be the highlight of our vacation.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Buddha View was an amazing company to learn how to dive with we only planned to stay for 3 nights and ended up staying for 9 because we loved it so much. We done our open water course and then decided to stay and do the advanced course. The staff were all so helpful and are constantly checking you are ok and not having any problems. The accommodation was basic but clean, the food at the restaurant was really good, the cafe was great for an early breakfast before going diving. I honestly couldn't fault the place and cant wait to go back!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I will 100% be returning to this place again!
Staff are lovely and welcoming, for English people this was a great place to stay as someone actually spoke proper English to us haha! When I stayed here I never did any diving as only stayed for 3 nights (wish I stopped longer), however on an evening sat in the bar all the diving instructers and divers were sat around having a drink, this was the most relaxed place I stayed.
I loved the bar on an evening and they sold cider! The BBQ they have every night is some of the best food I had whilst in Thailand and its well priced.
From speaking to the staff at this hotel I also managed to track down a snorkelling man, who takes groups of people out each day. He runs his buisness private so you wont find him on the highstreet with a sign. Your best off asking the staff at the bar (Rowland is the man you need), he knew exactly what he was doing and took us to some of the best places to snorkel.
The hotel is situated in a perfect area, there is a juice bar open in the afternoon which is nice to sit on the bean bags on the beach! Also there are lovely little bars either side of the hotel.
The only thing that could be a problem for some people was that there was no air conditioning, however I managed ok with our ceiling fan on and the shutters open.
I cannot wait to return to this place!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Buddha View Dive Resort? Share your experiences!