“Family Diving Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunshine Divers Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Tao
Sunshine Divers Resort
You added Sunshine Divers Resort to your Saves list
Chalok Bann Kao, Ko Tao 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #10 of 75 Specialty Lodging in Ko Tao
launceston
“Family Diving Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our family of four ( kids 14 & 17) had a fantastic 8 days at Sunshine. Original intentions were to complete the Open Water PADI course and then spend a few days snorkelling but we all enjoyed ourselves so much that we went on to complete the Advanced Open water as well. Natalie and her friendly professional team exude boundless enthusiasm and enjoyment for diving and making it a positive experience for their clients. I feel we were very fortunate to have had Natalie and Chris facilitate both courses and often we would be accompanied by a couple of other Dive Masters as well. So safety standards were excellent. They also provide all the local info on best places to eat, shop and bike rental etc .
I believe this was a great place to learn to dive as the water currents were mild, dive sites plentiful , the staff very friendly and the equipment was of a good standard. Our kids thought it was the best family holiday we had been on!!!!

Room Tip: In the area we stayed in the rooms were basic but clean. Did have AC.
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

From open water to divemaster, Sunshine taught me everything I know and will continue to do so. Considering I never interned to dive when I first arrived, this is some achievement! You will never stress out over exams or homework as it is managed in very straightforward way and you will feel a great sense of accomplishment as you progress during your course. Or just do some fun dives and jump off the top of the boat!
Every single instructor there is fantastic and always approachable. Given the way Sunshine is laid out, it genuinely feels like a big open house rather than a shop who just want your business and then leave.
You can study on the beach, on the shop front, inside or at the resort/restaurant next door where you will meet the most interesting manager on the island! Free rooms when you are on course too.
No reason to search for any other dive shop on the island. Sunshine has it all! Quiet beach which you can walk out into the ocean or relax on its mini islands when the tide is out, grab some drinks, get a pizza from a wood fire oven. You may never leave!

Room Tip: Sunshine 2 has some of the cheapest rooms on the island and a nice variety. Do not expect a hotel ty...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Lovely rooms, lovely people and right on the beach! We were lucky to stumble upon Sunshine divers and I would recommend it to anyone. They made us feel very welcome and comfortable and opened our eyes to the beautiful big blue sea!

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My sister and i just finished our Open water diving course with Sunshine Divers. It was an amazing experience. Sunshine Divers were so helpful and our instructor Tom was great! We are hoping to come back next year to do our Advanced course. I would highly recommend Sunshine Divers if you are looking to do your Open water course. The one on one interaction and small groups made the experience a lot better and more enjoyable.
Thankyou Sunshine Divers!
Love Mili and Alice!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Back in 2009 I did my Advanced Open Water course with Sunshine. Thanks David for teaching me the basics. From this experience I did my EFR and Rescue this year. This was really a great course. It was hard work, but it made me so much more aware of what is going on in the water and also outside the water.
This made me so enthusiastic that I decided to do my Dive Master Traineeship with Sunshine. I couldn't have made a better choice. Every single instructor really takes the effort to make you a solid Dive Master. I can say that I am happy and proud I chose for Sunshine Divers. I will certainly return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I did my Open water and Advanced by Sunshine Divers. I had a amazing time! Everbody feels like one family. You should go to Sunshines for sure!
It's also very cheap and you get good quality. You can chose almost every language, but I did they English course and I'm dutch. But even that wasn't that hard to do.

Room Tip: Sunshine divers school is in a beautiful small bay
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We did our Open Water course in this place and was a great experience.
Good people and a beautifull place is the perfect combination.
Thanks to David our instructor from spain and Mycol from USA.
Big greetings from Argentina

Luciano

Room Tip: All rooms looked good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sunshine Divers Resort? Share your experiences!