“Perfect 5 days, One of the best experiences of my life” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Dive Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ko Tao
Crystal Dive Resort
You added Crystal Dive Resort to your Saves list
Mae Haad Beach, Ko Tao 84280, Thailand   |
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Ko Tao
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Perfect 5 days, One of the best experiences of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have been travelling around Thailand for a month. I started in Bangkok which gave me a banging headache so it was much welcome relief to head to Koh Tao next. I was there for 5 nights and did my 4 day Open Water (PADI). The meet and greet was excellent and very friendly.

The accommodation is basic but in built in the course cost, I managed easily on the fan bungalow (not a/c). Trust me, there are much worse around and I wanted to be on the resort, close the action, beach, restaurants etc.

I used regents pool the whole time which is beautiful.

Anyway, the PADI course was off the scale. My instructors (Johannes and Brandon) were top guys and an absolute credit to Crystal. The bond between the whole group of instructors is great and I am surprised people have said otherwise.

I was terrified if I am honest but Johannes and Brandon were patient, thorough and incredibly supportive. It is amazing how I went from day 2 - wanting to get through it but would never do it again to end of day 4 - wanting to get back in the sea ASAP.

The resort, the course, the staff, the food and the accommodation is all part of the experience. Go and live it. Oh and I didn't mention watching your final dives on the big screen after one of their top drawer videographers dives with you.

Don't go to Chaweng in Samui afterwards like I did, it's a dump... Stay I'm Koh Tao and do your advanced or fun dives... I wish I did!

If you're lucky enough to have Johannes or Brandon as instructors, say hi from Welshy.

Kev (PADI Open Water certified)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Had a good stay at Crystal. The price was the same as other dive resorts and included accommodation which was decent. We did our Open water & advanced open water dive certificate with the very experienced instructor Ozzy Darcy (also Alex). Highly recommend having your certificate with Ozzy or Alex since we had an overall great experience together.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

From the start, Franck and Tariq our instructors made our 4 days open water course informative, interesting and exciting. They really couldn't do any more for us.

The resort is perfectly located right near the pier with a restaurant, bar, private swimming pool and basic but confortable huts to accommodate divers.

Thank you Crystal!

• Stayed May 2013
Snowmass Village, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Got our open water certs over 4 days following the full moon party. Our instructor was good and very thorough felt safe and professional. Diving was great. Cons: not so great service. When I asked simple questions I was told to refer to my instructor even if I was asking another instructor he wouldn't be bothered. Day 3 we waited 2.5 hours past when we were told to show up due to disorganization and late boats. In a nutshell place is not run well they really need to tighten up and work on customer service. Shocking they've won so many awards average at best

• Stayed April 2013
Ko Samui, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were 4 people (3 Open Water & 1 Advanced) and stayed 3 nights in a clean room in the center near Sairee beach. 4 days to learn how to dive like a responsible diver, that was our goal and Olly, our french instructor, was "the one" to do this job ! He was truly a very good teacher, taking his time to explain but also to have fun with us. We had 4 dives in this beautiful and clear water even though we've not seen any whale shark or turtle ! 4 days of cheerfulness and fun. We highly recommand this team if you wanna try scuba diving ! And thank you Ollivier !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had a great time completing my open water course with Jenny as my instructor. The was a blast and, as far as I could tell, the rest of the staff there was awesome and was always excited to be around. The bungalows were nothing special and I was not too impressed with the theory part of the course. But overall, a fun weekend at Crystal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Trondheim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had booked a 4 nights stay at Crystal to do my open water. I ended up staying there a lot longer, because I had so much fun. When I left Crystal I had finished my advanced open water course, and NITROX and deep specialty. I really appreciate that I got the same instructor through all my courses. Thank you Shannon (my instructor) for developing my addiction to diving! I'll probably be back in a few months to do my divemaster.

Room Tip: If you are not on a thight buget - Book your accomodation at the Regal Resort. The free accommodatio...