“Great little pitstop before the night boat.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Belgian, Dessert, Café
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great little pitstop before the night boat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Having checked in for the night boat, I was wondering around aimlessly not really knowing what to do. 7/11 had air con but the boy, Mario, who served me was a little 'flamboyant' for my liking,so I stepped out and saw a movie playing on a big projector screen across the street at Cozy Cafe. I was greeted warmly by Chris with his thick Australian accent. Gale his Thai wife cooked up a kick starting strawberry daiquiri and I settled down to watch Hunger Games: Catching Fire. It was just like being at the cinema. My only complaint was that I didn't have any popcorn. After the film Chris & I ended up chatting about 'The Bush' for a while. Before I knew it, it was time to catch the boat. I really didn't want to leave. Chris & Gale were so informative. I wish I had met them on day 1 & not the last day as they had some great advice about diving and the island! Thanks Cozy Cafe, I guess I will see you next time (but you best get a popcorn machine!)

Stavanger, Norway
“Great drinks & atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I would really recommend stopping by here, especially if you just get off the boat. It's so hectic coming off that ferry with a hundred taxi drivers shouting at you. Just go up the road from 7-11 and the owners will help you with everything you need.

The owners are really fun, I think it's an Australian guy and his thai girlfriend. Her English is amazing and she knows so much about the island and where to go out etc. They show great and new movies everyday on their big projector screen and sometimes underwater videographers come in to show their daily work. It's a great way of keeping track on dive site conditions ^^

The homemade burgers are AWESOME but they don't beat the strawberry daquiri's. A good combo.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Watching a movie while eating hamburgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is located on the main road in Mae Haad, Koh Tao.
I think it is run by an Australian guy, his Thai girlfriend was cooking. They mostly serve burgers with fries which both tasted good. When we got there, there was another customer who told us that they served there the best burgers in town. And I think he was right! Also they show a movie each night on a big screen which is quite cool. When we were there they were showing Iron Man 3.

If you want to eat something different than Thai food every day and you like burgers, this is defenitely your place!

• Visited August 2013