“delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
“delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Tasty, friendly staff and good prices... what else do you want :)
A friend living on Koh Tao took me there telling me that it is one of the best places to eat around sairee. I had the chicken cashew nuts and I was not disappointed.

Visited August 2013

• Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“A must try in Koh Tao”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I came to this restaurant 2x during my holiday in Koh Tao last week. I wish I could visit again if I stayed longer.

Friendly owner - the thai young lady owns this restaurant is very friendly and sincere. She came to our table to make sure we enjoy it, do we like the food, is it spicy enough and whether it meets our expectation. she is also very funny. she made us feel very comfortable and warm welcomed.

Tasty and cheap food - very tasty delicious thai dish! we ordered fried chicken, my boyfriend had seafood green curry which was very tasty. I think the food is as good as Su Chilli but cheaper! dont order orange juice, even if you do make sure you ask fresh one.

Location is a bit further from the central busy area where all most restaurants and shops located. But it didnt stop us to go there again! 2nd visit we went for lunch, and we were served by the owner's assistant. The food still tasty but she didnt smile to us at all. she was even looking bothered when we came and when she took our orders. So I recommend you to come for dinner instead.

If i go to Koh Tao again, I will definitely come and see Lanta restaurant!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wijk bij Duurstede
“Little gem just outside Sairee Beach, but worth the walk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our family is travelling through Thailand to explore the country. On of the highlights is our daily dinner, we just LOVE Thai food, authentic Thai food, prefeably at foodstalls or in Restaurants that are NOT touristic or in 4/5 start hotels.

We arrived in Koh Tai and expected Thai foodstalls and markets, but so far (our 4th day) we did not track them. So our next goal was to find a restaurant where the menu looks good, the scenery is NOT to touristic and the prices are reasonable. (our experience is that the less you pay per dish the better the food is!). So we found this little restaurant Lanta Thaifood which is located on the mainroad to Sairee Beach, just before you enter the Sairee, on the right hand side of the road, just before the Trapeze center.

The food is the best we ate in Koh Tao and also better then all the food we've had in Koh Samui and Koh Panghan. If you want spicy, you get real spicy (and I like that ;) The Tom Kha Kai is amazing (my wife is the expert) and the Massaman curry is fingerlicking good! We also had the Red Curry (velly good), the Chikcken Pepper Garlic and the fried Rice Chicken, and we hate to leave tomorrow otherwise we would make our third stop here at Lanta!

Oh and I forgot, the manager and the staff are most friendly! A true gem... ENJOY!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ko Tao, Thailand
“Great, cheap genuine Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I eat here almost every day, the staff are fantastic, the food is great and as cheap as you will find.

Visited August 2013
Ko Tao, Thailand
“Great Thai Food in Koh Tao”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been going to Lanta Restaurant since I got to Koh Tao thanks to a friends recommendation. It is great food at a really cheap price (60-100THB) for a decent portion of delicious Thai food...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere