“Great Diving Course” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Owner description: Deutsch-sprachige Tauchkurse auf Koh Tao
“Great Diving Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I finished my PADI Open Water yesterday and loved every minute of it. My diving instructor was Josh Sparkes and he was great. He was very passionate about what he does and is not only a good instructor but an all round top guy. The resort is really nice. All rooms are large ensuite with fans, WIFI and cable TV. The restaurant serves excellent food and will even bring it your classroom if you wish, whilst you do theory on the first day. The resort is in an ideal location, right on the beach just a few minutes walk from the town centre. But I rarely needed venture too far from the resort as everything I needed was here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Malmo, Sweden
“Well worth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Even though we didnt plan to get the open water certificate, we ended up doing it a Ban's, and we dont regret it at all. We had a great time diving! The price is probably the best you can get. we payed 9000 baht per person for 5 days, 4 open water dives. Our teacher was good and the equipment as well. If you're going to take the course; do it at Ban's!

Visited August 2013
Ko Phangan, Surat Thani, Thailand
“Excellent Diving Institution”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ask for dive instructor Rich Mclean, he has 10+ years of teaching experience on the island and is extremely passionate about what he does. He is not only very knowledgeable about scuba diving but makes the class very fun and entertaining. I went into scuba diving not being so sure about what I was going to get out of it but Ban's Diving along with Rich's instructions was quite an inspiration for me to possibly pursue a career related to diving. Some people may say Ban's diving is a "dive factory that doesn't care about its students" but the restaurant, lifestyle, school, and instructor that I had indicated otherwise. The front desk staff at Ban's Diving Resort also speak great English and are not rude, something rare to find in Thailand.

Bangkok
8 attraction reviews
“Diving in kho tao”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We dive with ban's in kho tao
The under water seeing are speechless.
The bans club is the best
The stuff is so nice helpful and a class professional
The equipment is o class
Dive around the world but this is one of the finest.

My doughtier (12 y.o.) had open water diving course and she hade a one of a life time experience

If you go to thailand, don't miss kho tao. If you go diving-go with ban's.

Vancouver, BC
“Great resort, amazing dive school!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I got to Koh Tao and signed up with Bans Diving right away (we have about 4 or 5 friends that all got certified by Bans). We started our course that night. Our class size was nice and small, only 6 of us in total, and our instructor was amazing! If you ever come to Koh Tao, sign up with Bans and get Ian Jefferies (Jaffa) as your instructor. The guy is hilarious and knows diving inside and out. My wife went from not being able to go underwater without plugging her nose to diving to 18m and doing flips in the water. I'd easily recommend this resort and dive school to anyone.