“From scared of fish to swimming with bull sharks!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 96 Activities in Ko Tao
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Our purpose at Ocean Sound Dive + Yoga is to help you get the most out of each breath, whether taken above or below sea level. We are based on the idyllic island of Koh Tao, Thailand, where we have the pleasure of sharing our passions with you: yoga and SCUBA diving.
“From scared of fish to swimming with bull sharks!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Just completed open water dive course with Will and can't recommend it enough. We were both nervous to start with and one of us scared of fish!!! Will's patience, humour and calming influence got us through and even diving with 5 bull sharks!!! Amazing experience with an excellent instructor. Will hopefully return next year to do the advanced course!! Thanks Kate and Liz!!

OceanSoundWill, Owner at Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hey there! Thanks for the great review. Nice to see you make friends with all the fish :) We'll see you next time. Cheers, Will

København, Danmark
6 attraction reviews
“I learned from the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I took my Open Water and Advanced Open Water with Will from Ocean Sound. I feel really lucky to have learned from such a great guy, who has the patience of an angel. Above water and especially under water Will is calm and nothing can throw him off his balance. This rubs of on his students and you get the greatest dives. After the course, my dive buddy said "I learned from the best" and that is exactly how I felt. Thank you for all the great dives, especially with the bull sharks at Sail Rock and the magical night dive at the wreck.

Visited September 2012
OceanSoundWill, Owner at Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you so much, we really appreciate your review. You are right, it was certainly some amazing diving! So nice to meet you and we hope to cross paths again when you return for your liveaboard dive trip. Cheers, Will
Brussels, Belgium
“thanks Will for giving me the 'diving' bug”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I did my Open Water and Advanced Open Water course will Will North as my instructor. One word, 'excellent'. First off Will is a nice guy. Plus he listens, you can really see that his school teacher experience pays off. Next, you can see that he enjoys his job and love of the ocean. He transmits this to his students. Thanks Will for giving me the 'diving bug'.

Cheers. marc

Visited August 2012
OceanSoundWill, Owner at Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thanks so much for the kind comments. Glad you caught that diving bug! It's a healthy addiction. Hope to see you both again some day. Cheers, Will
“Awesome experience with brilliant people :) unforgettable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

They know what they do, they manage to give you heartwarming experiences, the location is amazing, I would do it again... Ana again and again!

I'll never forget my experience!!

OceanSoundWill, Owner at Ocean Sound Dive & Yoga, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
It was really nice to meet you! We're glad you enjoyed your experience. Merci beaucoup!
Geelong, Australia
“Diving for all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We have just spent a number of weeks in Thailand and are very keen beachgoers and watersport enthusiasts. Husband (63) and self (58) had done a few fun dives and thought we would like to get our open water certificate. We are both reasonably fit but were naturally tentative, undertaking such a course at our ages.
Will North encouraged us, even though we were not entirely convinced that this course was suitable for us. Careful guidance allowed us to gain confidence and competency in all components of the course, yet we always felt assured that the highest standards of instruction and safety were never compromised.
My theory was that 'only fish should breathe underwater' and without encouragement I would have quit in the first session.
The efforts and patience of Will are to be commended, showing that he can take on students who require a little additional encouragement. This is truly promoting this sport for EVERYONE, not just the young.

Visited July 2012
It was a pleasure helping you through the course. Maybe you can teach me to surf some day?