“excellent diving school” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 96 Activities in Ko Tao
Type: Water sports, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: After 10 years on the island, we make our dream true and we want to share it with you , "PURA VIDA Koh Tao." Our new Dive Center .We offer you the chance to feel differently the diving Fun , Real , Profesional .We do what we like ,Teaching scuba diving from beginner to professional level.Quality and Experience in English, Spanish,Catalan ,and Basque languagesVisit our Dive School PURA VIDA at Koh Tao, Thailand.
Semarang, Indonesia
“excellent diving school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I did my open water course with them. I am glad that I chose Pura Vida Diving because people who work there are very nice, professional and helpful. During my course I could learn from the bests. I really recommend this diving school.

Visited February 2014

Durango, Colorado
“Wonderful, Personal, Experience Dive Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I did my open water certification with Pura Vida. I thoroughly enjoyed the small, personal feel. By the time I left I felt like part of the Pura Vida family. All the guides were friendly, greeting me at the shop and whenever they saw me on the road they recognized and greeted me as well.

My instroctor, Mario, was great! He was very knowledgable, patient, and fun. He was thorough in his training making sure we understood everything in the classroom and in the water. And he new all the cool spots to check out in our dive sites. Also, there were only 2 of us in my class! Talk about personal instruction!

We did all of the water training in the ocean (not in a swimming pool like other dive shops). Zigor, the owner, was also genuinly friendly and helpful. When we arrive the island was very busy and we had a hard time finding a room. He got on his motor bike and rode around until he found a room for us (the room was included in the cost of my certification). To top it off, I don't think you could find a better price for an open water certification or diving. (Bonus: you get a tshirt when you complete your course). Also, they let my bf, who already has his certifications, come along and dive with my class on the last day. Additionally, though they are a Spanish Speaking dive shop the instructors know great English, I never had any communication issues.

I could not have asked for a better experience. I highly recommend Pura Vida. We loved Pura Vida and the diving in Koh Tao so much we are already thinking about coming back at the end of our trip!

Visited February 2014
Whitehorse, Canada
“Best Diving Outfit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I dived with this company not because it was cheaper but because they actually genuinely care about their customers. They were much more professional, friendly and personal then any of the other dive companies.

Visited December 2013
Reading, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
“Best diving experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I did a discover scuba diving dive and a second dive with this company. In a word excellent. Renoite the instructor was very calm and willing to show a lot more about the gear and how to set it up. He was very willing to explain what would happen and the fish. I have dived with several companies in several locations and this was by the far the best,. a great site, a small group, an instructor willing to show everything you needed and a lot you didnt need to know and some great wildlife hte colours and variety of fish and coral i saw was immense. A great trip. THe boat we went on was small so a small number of people and they took my girlfriend along and allowed her to go snorkelling for free great trip! The one downside was the first point of contact when booking was miserable and di make me worry that i had chosen a poor company but this fear later proved to be groundless!

Visited January 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
3 attraction reviews
“Great diving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

So many diving options on the island but these guys offered great value, friendly service, a relaxed and personalised experience as well as high professionalism making them the dive operator I would highly recommend.

Visited December 2013